Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Remember guys as the front passed south over Edinburgh/Glasgow it started as rain - then it suddenly changed to very heavy snow for 40mins or so.

Posted

Hi Martin, I think you're right; it really is coming down right now. For my area, this is looking like being be better than Friday's event :shok:

hope it turns out better for here also, type in dn5 and back track past 20mins, thats why im not all that confident :wallbash:

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Been snowing here now for 5 minutes. Its a bit dissapointing as its not really that heavy so not expecting more than a couple of extra cm's on the ground from this. Really does look like its east of us thats having the main brunt of this.

Posted

Remember guys as the front passed south over Edinburgh/Glasgow it started as rain - then it suddenly changed to very heavy snow for 40mins or so.

Theres already a very steep west/east gradient on this front it seems. Travelling home from work eastwards and it gradually turned more from sleety stuff to proper snow over the space of a few miles.

Posted

At this rate the PPN won't even reach here, not impressed dry.gif .

Posted

im so annoyed its ubelievable, its raining, then snowing then sleeting. wth is happening. it will end up being too wet and any remaining snow will go really slippey and icey. plus the ppn front will have crossed soon. omg !

I feel robbed to be fair. Was looking forward to 5-10 cm of snow. Firstly it looks like were guna miss out on the bulk of the precipitation, now secondly its not even snow! :D Nevermind, theres allways tommorow and monday :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Heavy snow here now, probably heaviest in terms of intensity so far this cold spell, all areas which had lost covering now covered again. Strangely though Rain Today radar showing sleet, but this is definitely not sleet, it's still -0.6C , DP -2.2C, and it's big heavy snow flakes !

Posted

I feel robbed to be fair. Was looking forward to 5-10 cm of snow. Firstly it looks like were guna miss out on the bulk of the precipitation, now secondly its not even snow! nonono.gif Nevermind, theres allways tommorow and monday smile.gif

its starting to become more snowier, but i cannot see it being much. terrible forecasters and charts

Posted

Snow starting to get heavier and we now have a full covering again. Current temperature: 0.0C (highest of the day), dewpoint: -1.4C.

Shame about missing out on an ice day, the same happened on 31st December last year, with the temperature just creeping up to 0.2C.

Posted

I'm confused everyone else in West Yorkshire is saying its raining or sleeting but its snowing quite heavy here...

really awful here, its a mix every so often and nothing at all exciting now the roads are soaked and the paths are just gonna go all icy. very drab and doesnt feel much seasonal atm

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Snow turned to drizzle here temps rising rapidly so my expection of snow all the time wrong. Earlier snowfall now gone, tonights I mean has gone. Previous days still lying of course. Very narrow band of rain and snow to the north so won't leave much sadly.

Posted

hope it turns out better for here also, type in dn5 and back track past 20mins, thats why im not all that confident :D

Just have mate, and I still say you are OK - sit tight

Posted

It's snowing pretty heavy now with massive flakes.

can you give me a second opinion, type dn5 in the radar and see if its moving more north to south, looks like im going to get the gap but dont know :unsure: