Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

can you give me a second opinion, type dn5 in the radar and see if its moving more north to south, looks like im going to get the gap but dont know :unsure:

Yeah there is that annoying gap, but there looks to be some heavier stuff to come in a little while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

can you give me a second opinion, type dn5 in the radar and see if its moving more north to south, looks like im going to get the gap but dont know :unsure:

I hate to say this but yes you may be just in the 'gap', although it's touch and go, you could get the western edge of the eastern block of precipitation, and if you do it looks more like it'll be snow than sleet, although it's touch and go - fingers crossed !

Posted

Ive refused myself to look out the window for an hour, as i fear i will be disappointed.

Posted

I'm not kidding folks, we are getting an absolute pasting. I've taken a couple of pics which I'll try to upload asap

Surely that heavier snow cant miss here this time!

Posted

this is disgusting its raining, and then i look at ecm and that is all gone tits up. the most depressing weather and eveing since this cold spell was firmed up and since it started. it feels bloody awful to look at rain falling on my snow

edit: snow falling moderately now, but doesnt make me feel much better, still isnt good.

oh edit once more its sleetish again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope it all melts, nothing worse than a slushy fest. once it melts it can give way to more 'expected snow' if we even get it. makes me laugh band of ppn expected to be snow sweeps much of the north and really has been an utter utter piece of crap

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

I hate to say this but yes you may be just in the 'gap', although it's touch and go, you could get the western edge of the eastern block of precipitation, and if you do it looks more like it'll be snow than sleet, although it's touch and go - fingers crossed !

well im not expecting much now so hope itl be a suprise, cheers :unsure:

Posted

this is disgusting its raining, and then i look at ecm and that is all gone tits up. the most depressing weather and eveing since this cold spell was firmed up and since it started. it feels bloody awful to look at rain falling on my snow

edit: snow falling moderately now, but doesnt make me feel much better, still isnt good.

oh edit once more its sleetish again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutly amazing our turn around in fortunes! Like at 4pm today I was looking forward to heavy snow this evening n good charts, in the the space of a few hours thats all gone and the ecm is an absolute stinker!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

looks a bit of a damp squid to be honest.band narrowing.the sheffiels snow screen strikes again. :D

Posted

Heavy here now mate 'optimum' temps - not too cold and not too warm - plus -4C progged after -should make for a top walk tomorrow !

glad hull is seeing something, looks like doncaster will miss out :D

Posted

Absolutly amazing our turn around in fortunes! Like at 4pm today I was looking forward to heavy snow this evening n good charts, in the the space of a few hours thats all gone and the ecm is an absolute stinker!

yes, if we cannot get much from this setup, im sorry but i cannot see something like the gfs charts for xmas day coming off. i can only imagine drab rain. yuk

im so so depressed atm, i cannot believe it

are here comes snow again!

Posted

Sorry, I don't mean to dominate this thread, but I don't think I've ever seen flakes as big as this. I dread to think what we are going to be faced with in the morning :D

Posted

yes, if we cannot get much from this setup, im sorry but i cannot see something like the gfs charts for xmas day coming off. i can only imagine drab rain. yuk

im so so depressed atm, i cannot believe it

are here comes snow again!

im feeling the same as you mate, its not looking good for here!

Posted

Sorry, I don't mean to dominate this thread, but I don't think I've ever seen flakes as big as this. I dread to think what we are going to be faced with in the morning :D

No complaints from me! Everything you're getting will be right on top of me in an hour or so.

Snow is now very heavy here too with a temperature of 0.0C, dewpoint: -1.4C. Both are starting to fall away again. Max Temp for today looks to be 0.1C.

Posted

So far so good for me aswell mate.Pretty heavy snow and no rain.

Posted

Sleety rain here, I'm extremely disappointment.

Edited by 10123

Posted

No complaints from me! Everything you're getting will be right on top of me in an hour or so.

Snow is now very heavy here too with a temperature of 0.0C, dewpoint: -1.4C. Both are starting to fall away again. Max Temp for today looks to be 0.1C.

Yep got to agree - we got well shafted mid week in the 'corridor of doom' - so this is our moment - a totally top day today and I hope to get out early tomorrow and get some good pics :lol:

Posted

Sleety rain here, I'm extremely disappointment.

Just rain here

within 15 mins it has started to wash away what we had the other night...................