Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

*Pumps loads of CO2 into the air*

I am so annoyed its unreal, it split just over the Midlands and intensified over the East, they've already had a lot, why do they need more? grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well i certainly got very little!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

just shows how hard it is to get snow in the midlands, especially the NW nowadays, any hope from cheshire gap guys? because I know next week is looking bone dry

Posted

BBC Shropshire this afternoon said "Clouding over this evening, a period of light snow then clearing. Minimum temperature minus 6".

And we got: Clouded over in mid-afternoon, half an hour of rain, and at 10pm it's not even minus anything.

got a good cm or two, settled very readily. could we get more in the next hour though, albeit light?

Posted

hmm...I dont know about you, but I wonder if some of these 'wow, heavy snow here' posts mind end up suffering from 'its a blizzard in Telford' syndrome...if you know what I mean? :wallbash: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Must admit its always the wrong side of marginal here, whilst surrounding areas have snow. :lol: Thats the problem with living in a valley. :lol:

Edited by Koppite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

If that huge gap NNw of leicester heads south east then it could be game on for Northants.

snow band south of brum could hit us.

Yep been keeping my eye on that, looks close but may just miss us to the west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

just shows how hard it is to get snow in the midlands, especially the NW nowadays, any hope from cheshire gap guys? because I know next week is looking bone dry

If it's any consolation we could see a sub -10c next week. If we can't have snow then severe frosts will do. But surely some of those beefy showers in Scotland will filter into Staffordshire tomorrow? Or will the luck of the Midlanders strike again...

Posted

Oh dear. A slight covering here from 15-20 minutes of light-moderate snowfall. A much heavier snowband has just missed me by around 10-15 miles. Shame. Pretty much somes up my year as a whole. Can only hope that I get som heavy snow showers tomorrow, but I'm doubtful. As a storm and general weather enthusiast, it's almost a sin to be living in this country. I know what to do....doing it is another matter...

Not the best is it mild sector in the west,got even less snow to what you have and I live much higher up.

Still snowing but light but at least surfaces are freezing at 0.4c

More patchy snow to come on the radar.

It will be very icy indeed tomorrow.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rtavn1217.png

Posted

later on tonight and tomorrow are my final hopes.

After that im moving to antarctica..... im sure the penguins will welcome me with open arms.

Posted

haha this is the funniest let down i've ever known~!!!

bloody Bedworth shaped hole has happened and all we got was 12 minutes of snow....never mind ay ....got the rest of the winter :winky: :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

It`s been snowing now for about 25mins,mainly light but a few heavier bursts.Just about a bare covering on all surfaces.I may squeeze another 20mins or so as there is a fragmented area of snow just behind the main band to the North east of b`ham coming my way i think.

Not the event we hoped for though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

excuse me....may I whine please?...thanks......."UTTER CRUD".............thanks, feel much better now! :winky:

Posted

Yep been keeping my eye on that, looks close but may just miss us to the west

It looks to be moving SE.

Edit:

yes its moving SE.

Edited by Lancs_Northants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yeah, looked at the Radar and thought Blizzards is probably experiencing blizzards...if that makes sense.. :shok: Glad you got some heavy snowfall. I'm guessing you're getting some big chunky flakes, correct? :lol:

Its still snowing but lightly now but we had about 20 minutes of Huge flakes. If it was windier than boy Blizzards would have been having Blizzards! :winky:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Thats it I have had enough .. bring back Summer . :winky: Long lazy days on the beach watching the girls go by with a mint choc chip Icecream . :shok:

Posted

Indeed! 2cm here now

After seeing the earlier forecasts i promised the kids we would be sledging tomorrow, looks like I'm gonna have to travel a few miles, and we might need to be up early. :help:

Posted

...and the lord said that there will be snow, but did say that this said snow would only fall upon the sinners of the land....chapter 12 verse 3546!!

Thank god for that!!!! :help:

Posted

Sun/Mon got put back till Tue,Wed , then that got put back till Thu , Fri , then that got put back to SATURDAY ... And now Saturday is here all LEICESTER has is a thin icing sugar on and off dusting which is probably more FROST than SNOW . I know this doesn't apply to the SE . But this is the biggest let down ever for the EAST MIDS > .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Thats it I have had enough .. bring back Summer . :help: Long lazy days on the beach watching the girls go by with a mint choc chip Icecream . :help:

:help:

Posted

Thats it I have had enough .. bring back Summer . :help: Long lazy days on the beach watching the girls go by with a mint choc chip Icecream . :help:

trouble is we don't even get the hot summer anymore lol!!! :help:

Posted

Its still snowing but lightly now but we had about 20 minutes of Huge flakes. If it was windier than boy Blizzards would have been having Blizzards! :help:

this must have been very localised indeed. not enough for sledging though, a couple of cm at best. doubt tomorrow is going to deliver, but at least we got some snow :help: