Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Hello, I thought I'd drop in. smile.gif

Yeah, I have to agree about the lack of snow we have been having and how much we were promised. It seemed, at one point, that we would be in for a snowy week, but now I am not too sure. I just hope that it still snows sometime later this week, at least. Even if it seems very unlikely now, perhaps that band of rain, sleet and snow for Monday evening will move much more Northwards than predicted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

My girlfriend lives in armitage!!. Oh god, not a dingle, and a baglady, ill stay down the bescot thanks. As for the weather,its been absolutely shocking!!.

Duh duh duh duh.. Matty Fryatt.

Posted

I think that rain/sleet/snow will actually hit our region today (when I say region, I mean the green midlands :( ), Looking at the radr.

http://www.meteox.co.uk/images.aspx?jaar=-3&voor=&soort=loop1uur&c=&n=&tijdid=20098252232

Latest snowcover map of europe so you can all see where the p** take region is in England :(

snoweurope21stdec09-1-1.gif

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

Id be suprised to see anything today, nothings forecast, potential snow tommorow we will miss by just a few miles to the south east of the midlands, and thursdays precip will be rain only for the midlands. Exciting times ahead! :(

Posted

Id be suprised to see anything today, nothings forecast, potential snow tommorow we will miss by just a few miles to the south east of the midlands, and thursdays precip will be rain only for the midlands. Exciting times ahead! :cold:

lol! this is definitely rivalling cornwall so far for many here in this cold spell :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yeah ppl, this been one of the crappest cold spells in the even larger teapot, snow becoming more infrequent all the time in NW midlands,

lets see the Atlantic roll in for a week or so, reset and get more cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Tonights snow s like its been progammed to miss the West Midlands. :closedeyes:

Thursday looks like plain rain now aswell. An awful cold spell tbh. :good:

Yes i got 2cm but its absoloutley nothing compared to what was promised earlier.

Posted

Tonights snow s like its been progammed to miss the West Midlands. :good:

Thursday looks like plain rain now aswell. An awful cold spell tbh. :(

Yes i got 2cm but its absoloutley nothing compared to what was promised earlier.

come on, own up, who thought we were gonna get snowed in a few days ago :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

come on, own up, who thought we were gonna get snowed in a few days ago :closedeyes:

:good: I definately thought we would see drifts so high that no light would be let into the house for years on end. No electricity for ever and water frozen. :(

Posted

Maybe clutching at straws ever so slightly but at 9am but the precipitation seems a bit further East than what the BBC Predicted and perhaps a bit further North than what the GFS predicted.

Its going to be very borderline though some flurries cant be ruled out i suppose.

Posted

Well to be hinest, I did think I might have managed a dusting by now ...... If the stuff tonight misses me (which it probably will) I think that's it for the year.

Posted

:yahoo: Yep :)

Well i did warn you i was lol. There are people in the West Midlands suffering major snow deprivation here! Im trying to keep them happy as its Christmas!

We probably wont get snow really.:cray:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

How much do you think there could possibly be out of this haha! if it even does get here which its so unlikely to.

Why is it unlikely?

Infact, the snow band is moving further north than the pic i posted.

see the difference??

post-9498-12613888306713_thumb.png

Posted

Why is it unlikely?

Infact, the snow band is moving further north than the pic i posted.

Its unlikey because this has happened on three occasions now haha. So im just taking it with a pinch of salt, but if it did how much could we expect?

Posted

:) I definately thought we would see drifts so high that no light would be let into the house for years on end. No electricity for ever and water frozen. :)

you have to stop reading piers's forecasts :)

Edited by azores92

Posted

Its unlikey because this has happened on three occasions now haha. So im just taking it with a pinch of salt, but if it did how much could we expect?

Check the east anglia and south east thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think that rain/sleet/snow will actually hit our region today (when I say region, I mean the green midlands :) ), Looking at the radr.

http://www.meteox.co...did=20098252232

Latest snowcover map of europe so you can all see where the p** take region is in England :)

snoweurope21stdec09-1-1.gif

Supports my point that the snowless triangle of the UK is the SW, south Wales and the West Midlands! The Stoke-Plymouth-Portsmouth triangle...

Edited by nick2702

Posted

you have to stop reading piers's forecasts :lol:

I tried, im so sorry...im a failure...waahhhhhh. :bad:

Lol. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Supports my point that the snowless triangle of the UK is the SW, south Wales and the West Midlands! The Stoke-Plymouth-Portsmouth triangle...

Is this kinda like the Bermuda Triangle, in this case, unexplained disappearance of snow in this area?.....it figures! ...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Is this kinda like the Bermuda Triangle, in this case, unexplained disappearance of snow in this area?.....it figures! ...lol

It is exactly like that, only even more mysterious...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Yep Im right in the middle of it :bad: