Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It is much, much earlier than expected though I have to say. The NMM (which has been pretty accurately recently) says it shouldn't reach where it is now until 6-7pm.

Posted

In an ideal world the wether front would keep moving north then stall right over us giving loads of snow.

Had nothing again last night just very frosty and very icy despite temperatures now being as low (-2.1c).

Looks like were get nothing this week then it turns milder, there's nothing more to say other than how jealous and bitter i am of everywhere else :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I think the only thing preventing that is the fact that quite of a lot of it will be rain. Only the leading edge will be primarily snow.

Ah ok, I thought it was expected to be snow, I didn't realise it was accompanied by a warm sector. Still, keeping an eye on SE thread and a few reports of snow there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

I hope Andy in Leicester get snow this time, he sounded really fed up in his last few post. Good luck everyone :doh:

Posted

I think the only thing preventing that is the fact that quite of a lot of it will be rain. Only the leading edge will be primarily snow.

Warm sector stays well to my south.

post-9498-12613968962213_thumb.png

Posted

Does anybody remember Friday 9th February 2007?

The Met office had no idea how far that band of heavy snow was pushing, until a few hours before. It went much further north than forecasted and was for me in stoke-on-trent the biggest last snowfall we've had.

I won't forget that evening!whistling.gif

( if only that happened today...... ph34r.gif )

Edited by ISAAC

Posted

The Met office had no idea how far that band of heavy snow was pushing, until a few hours before. It went much further north than forecasted and was for me in stoke-on-trent the biggest last snowfall we've had.

And I was on a plane to Rome...still annoys me that day does.

Posted

that thursday and friday caused the start of my interest in the weather :doh:

Posted

And I was on a plane to Rome...still annoys me that day does.

It started to melt away straight after the band passed as milder air took over. but i have to tell you that was the heaviest snow i had seen falling from the sky, the size of the flakes were gigantic. It was actually raining/ sleeting in the morning and all the snow from the day before had almost melted. Within an hour all the puddles became thick lying snow, amazing to watch whilst it lasted.

Posted

Sorry to disappoint for those on here looking for snow from that band of ppn.

The forecast was for it to move East initially, then n/e, then north. This is forecast to create a crescent shape from the south coast (lets say chichester) to around, perhaps Northants.

As it reaches this stage, it is then forecast to move back s/e.

I really do not see any chance of this ppn making its way up here, and as far as I can see, bar some minor movements, it is still on track as forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Sorry to disappoint for those on here looking for snow from that band of ppn.

The forecast was for it to move East initially, then n/e, then north. This is forecast to create a crescent shape from the south coast (lets say chichester) to around, perhaps Northants.

As it reaches this stage, it is then forecast to move back s/e.

I really do not see any chance of this ppn making its way up here, and as far as I can see, bar some minor movements, it is still on track as forecast.

As much as i hate to admit it, I have to agree with you on this one. I reckon S. Lincs with get clipped as it moves out to sea, but anything west of Lincs will not see owt. nea.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

good luck to those in the east of our region, hope you all get some of the white stuff later on today....not expecting anything over here...Nick's right though, it does seem to be pushing up well ahead of schedule

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Just had a text from my sister in Salisbury, she says its falling as rain there now and they have not had any snow at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

new weather warning by the metoffice smile.gif

Thanks for the link,LS.I am right on the edge of this "risk"area,but i am not holding my breath.

The Met.have to cover all bases,if the unlikely (snow)did turn up then the media can`t attack them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Duh duh duh duh.. Matty Fryatt.

Absolute legend, you should thank our idiotic chairman for selling him at such a good price - especially considering he came through our ranks. It must be all our good work that's made him the player he is now.

Posted

Met Office going with a brief warm up and then back to colder again on their outlook, but "generally cold" seems to be the theme!

UK Outlook for Saturday 26 Dec 2009 to Monday 4 Jan 2010:

On Boxing Day we are expecting dry conditions at first over central and eastern areas, with some patchy fog and frost, but with rain in western areas spreading eastwards during the day and turning to snow over higher ground in the north. Brighter weather with showers is expected to follow on Sunday. Then during the following week and weekend it looks likely to be unsettled with some sunshine at times and either showers or longer spells of rain, the rain turning to snow over higher ground and perhaps also over lower ground at times, especially later. Occasionally windy, with temperatures expected to be generally colder than average for the time of year with overnight frosts likely.

Updated: 1254 on Mon 21 Dec 2009

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_weather.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

That bad will no doubt skirt slightly to the south east of Birmingham and then a litte further to my east. Sad news is thats the best chance of snowfall we stand before the new year - although there's plenty that can change at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Looking at that rain/snow band, I am starting to get a little hopeful now. I just can't believe how close it is going to get at around 9:00pm. Now if only that band could just reach a few more miles to the west, then we could be in for a nice surprise.

Come on weather, you know you want to. Even a few flakes of snow would be better than nothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hmmmm so the question on everyones lips on this forum is... Will andy_leics see snow from that band tonight? Come on, I know you are all wondering :o

Just kidding.

It's going to be seriously close though, I live in SW Leicester, I will probably scrape the drizzly part of the band while (once again) 30 miles to my South East get moderate snow.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Aha - I knew you were out there somewhere Andy! I think you'll get some snizzle ;-) More than we will anyway!

Posted

Hmmmm so the question on everyones lips on this forum is... Will andy_leics see snow from that band tonight? Come on, I know you are all wondering laugh.gif

Just kidding.

It's going to be seriously close though, I live in SW Leicester, I will probably scrape the drizzly part of the band while (once again) 30 miles to my South East get moderate snow.

Is that 30 miles in reference to Northampton andy?laugh.gif

Posted

Is that 30 miles in reference to Northampton andy?laugh.gif

Probably :angry: I haven't got anything against Northants, it's just in the past 12 months places like Northants, Peterborough etc... have seen loads more snow than Leicester and I think tonight will be the same story.

In Feb, we got about 3cm on one day when Northants, Peterborough and areas around there got 5 inches+ I mean thats the ultimate kick in the testicles surely :o

Aha - I knew you were out there somewhere Andy! I think you'll get some snizzle ;-) More than we will anyway!

Haha heyy :o

Hmmmm, I don't knoww you know, this could be the closest band of snow yet. On the models it appears like we will get the edge of the band which will be light and pretty much garbage in nature haha. It's not all over yet though, a difference of 10 miles further West with the heavier stuff and Leicester could be in the money so to speak... Snow money :fool:

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

Probably tongue.gif I haven't got anything against Northants, it's just in the past 12 months places like Northants, Peterborough etc... have seen loads more snow than Leicester and I think tonight will be the same story.

In Feb, we got about 3cm on one day when Northants, Peterborough and areas around there got 5 inches+ I mean thats the ultimate kick in the testicles surely laugh.gif

If this front moves ever so more North West then you could be in luck.

Posted

If this front moves ever so more North West then you could be in luck.

Yep, i'm not sure at the moment what it's going to do, I expect the heaviest stuff to be around Cambridge, Peterborough, East Northants.. While the drizzly snizzly stuff hits Leicester. Wouldn't surprised me though if nothing hit Leicester :yahoo: