Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think those in Leicestershire shouldn't get their hopes up, you will either get it, or miss it by a whisker!

Posted

If i'm honest, I think Northants will be the most northern reaches of this band, and perhaps South Northants.

The forecast is, and always has been, for the band to sink back s/e later today.

I could be wrong, but the BBC has been pretty good with their recent forecasts.

Posted

Pah, Met Office radar my ar*e, pay 4 quid for a months worth of 5 minute updates courtesy of NetWeather radar :D

I do and I have it up as well. It is just a little easier to follow the direction of the ppn on the Meto . You never know if it moves NW you might even get some in Stafford Nick

Posted

Well winds have gone SE now . that has got to help a little , the 4pm radar is going to be important.

We need it to move from it current position roughly 30ish miles northwest, if it dos hit us based on how the gfs has it shown to clear away we could be under the precip for a fair while, unfortunately i think northampton is gonna bethe prime position for a change.

http://www.trafficengland.com/motorwayflow.aspx

anyway back to the cams, gotta love the gridlock building up now, search for traffic cams m25, between j5 an j6 :D

post-6740-12614115898313_thumb.jpg

j4 to j5s better lol

Posted

We need it to move from it current position roughly 30ish miles northwest, if it dos hit us based on how the gfs has it shown to clear away we could be under the precip for a fair while, unfortunately i think northampton is gonna bethe prime position for a change.

anyway back to the cams, gotta love the gridlock building up now, search for traffic cams m25, between j5 an j6 :D

j4 to j5s better lol

There not going to get home in time for dinner lol. Have a little faith guys now .. Or Join me on the train to melton lol .

Posted

j4 to j5s better lol

wouldnt be any fun if you were out driving in it lets be honest :D

Posted

if you have the netweather radar between 330 and 355 the northwards movement looks quite good, its easier to tell directly jump from 330 image and 355 ul see what i mean.

Driving in the snow is more fun btw :D as long as you dont get stuck completely

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

My postcode CV21 is right on the very edge of the PPN band. No signs of snow just yet. Any reports of snow in areas close by ?

Posted

if you have the netweather radar between 330 and 355 the northwards movement looks quite good, its easier to tell directly jump from 330 image and 355 ul see what i mean.

Driving in the snow is more fun btw :whistling: as long as you dont get stuck completely

You can see it very well on this radar here as well , watch the frames after 3.30 , Oxford looks like missing then the ppn turns NW and is currently giving them a pasting.

http://www.meteox.com/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=201&y=187

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted

My postcode CV21 is right on the very edge of the PPN band. No signs of snow just yet. Any reports of snow in areas close by ?

I dnt think anything is falling where the netweather radar shows very dark blue on its radar. And if there is it would be the odd flake which you wouldnt notice unless it hit you, if you get into the heavier stuff then hopefully you start to see some snow falling.

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Wouldn't bet on that band coming this far North, think it'll go SE of us and drift by.

If it does arrive though, I hope it's by the time I get home! Found out this morning exactly how difficult a RWD car is to drive in the snow... fun though! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

To be honest, I think the northern and western extents of the lighter precipitation are not what they seem. I think the actual falling snow is much further south...unfortunately.

Posted

The band of snow just made a right jump towards the midlands ahha! JUSSSTT a little bit more and were in!

Another 50miles more, im far from confident yet.

Posted

The band of snow just made a right jump towards the midlands ahha! JUSSSTT a little bit more and were in!

As long as we now see more northward movement than east we should be just about in. The last hours radars have shown a much mored northern movement of the ppn , hence the jump towards the midlands.

Posted

As long as we now see more northward movement than east we should be just about in. The last hours radars have shown a much mored northern movement of the ppn , hence the jump towards the midlands.

Apart from 3-310 which has gone east and nowhere north

Posted

I do and I have it up as well. It is just a little easier to follow the direction of the ppn on the Meto . You never know if it moves NW you might even get some in Stafford Nick

I agree with the first part, I like the Met Office radar as well because it gives you a much better idea of the direction in which it is moving.

If we get any snow tonight I will eat my left foot! :p

Meanwhile, my main weather station says my temp is -1.4c, while my little one is going below -2c, either way - it's going to be a cold night!

Edited by nick2702

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hmm....looks like areas south and east of a line Oxford to the Wash will be the candidates for moderate snow, Leciester looks like either bone dry or the odd flurry if the NW radar 2 hr loop is anything to go by....I think for Andy and other peeps in the leicester area, I would start praying for a wave to run along the front, otherwise just about diddly squat I'm afraid

Posted

After having a look on the NW radar, it looks like the front has now stalled and I wouldn't be surprised if it started edging back south again now.

Posted

Look on the Met office radar between 3.30 and 4pm and don't look at our ppn , look at the showers in North Wales and that will tell you exactly what way the ppn is going , the low centre must be swinging the winds/ppn around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

laugh.gif

rofl.gif now thats The Northampton Snow Sheild at its best. Ya just gotta laugh...

Seriously though, you should get a nice pasting when that sheild breaks down!