Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

It is a shame this goes quiet when it isn't actually snowing. It is pretty amazing weather for the past week anyway. I love the fact it was -6 last night and is looking at going even lower tonight over a deep crisp snow and still treacherous roads. It is a long time since we had snow cover like this lasting for more than a day or two and before Christmas as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Temperatures around the region getting rather cold, on average I would suggest about -2.5C

Here its comparatively balmy at -0.1C... it will pick up speed later when the breeze dies off though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

according to the radar Cumbria is still getting pasted continuosly and the streamer into wales looks like merging with the one firing into Cumbria.

Posted

according to the radar Cumbria is still getting pasted continuosly and the streamer into wales looks like merging with the one firing into Cumbria.

this good news for Manchester then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

im so excited THUNDER SNOW HERE ON THE COAST!!!!!!!!!! ( about 2 miles in) about an inch fallen in 10 mins mixed with hail and stuck fast

Edited by james12

Posted

im so excited THUNDER SNOW HERE ON THE COAST!!!!!!!!!! ( about 2 miles in) about an inch fallen in 10 mins mixed with hail and stuck fast

Well done! The radar shows some heavy showers over your area and over the Irish sea.

Karyo

Posted

Those showers over the Irish sea are heading NE to the north of the Fylde coast towards Cumbria, wonder if i will catch a snow shower later, we got a good dumping of snow this morning which has now frozen over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Temperatures around the region getting rather cold, on average I would suggest about -2.5C

Here its comparatively balmy at -0.1C... it will pick up speed later when the breeze dies off though

It stalled here at 0.1c a few moments ago.

Took a rapid drop a sec ago though -0.3c here now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Down down down it goes :lol: -4.1°C here now.

Posted

An ice day could be on the cards for tomorrow if the temperature gets below -3c here.

As suggested by TWS in the other, now locked thread, showers will be drifting in here, although I feel they will fall as snow rather than a wintry mix.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

Just back in from work. Usual case of a little bit of ice/snow melt around Manchester, and soon as I get home in Oldham, there's lots of it still left over from yesterday.

Did well from yesterday, especially in the afternoon. It's probably just as well we didn't get much from the second wave late evening/overnight, as I probably wouldn't have been able to get to work this morning.

Temperatures set to drop like a stone tonight. Now off to check the model thread, to see what the weather Santa's going to bring for the big day?

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

I can't believe this it's snowing again real big fluffy flakes & a cm has already settled very nicely in the past 10 minutes, it's coming down quite heavy, temp is 0.6c, I guess the bbc were actually right with the heavy snow shower but it's almost 2 hours late. :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Well done! The radar shows some heavy showers over your area and over the Irish sea.

Karyo

Yep and it looks like ones over wales are ready to flow over and up that way too !.

-1.7 .. Just started to jumble now but way behind you James, sure your sensor is stuck in ice or snow ? :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I can't believe this it's snowing again real big fluffy flakes & a cm has already settled very nicely in the past 10 minutes, it's coming down quite heavy, temp is 0.6c, I guess the bbc were actually right with the heavy snow shower but it's almost 2 hours late. :diablo:

my showers are heading towards you, about 730 we had heavy hail which turned to snow and one flash of lightning which lit up all the lying snow/hail blue!! with a big thunder crack

Posted

my showers are heading towards you, about 730 we had heavy hail which turned to snow and one flash of lightning which lit up all the lying snow/hail blue!! with a big thunder crack

I hope so, thanks for the heads up, I'm so excited now, gonna get ready to head out & take a walk, the lighting combined with snow sounds dream like.

Posted

Does anyone think the band down south will hit us?

The wind has changed to the right direction all around us now... blowing in a S.E direction!!

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Temperature is dropping like 10 stones here, -1.4 and dropping at a rate of -5C/hr. Our record is under threat tonight surely?

Posted

Temperature is dropping like 10 stones here, -1.4 and dropping at a rate of -5C/hr. Our record is under threat tonight surely?

Mine keeps speeding up then stalling, then going down slowly.

-0.6c currently.

Posted

is there anyone in this thread from near the scottish border? There seems to have been continuous snow fall there for the past 36 hours, must be loads.

Posted

-0.8c - Slow but steady drop.