Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

yes its going to be snow free, been just like a high pressure inversion cold spell, weatheronline looks good very low confidence but cold returning next week, although do give 80oC on boxing day

I've heard of blowtorch southwesterlies but that one takes the biscuit :unsure:

The good thing is that we have the rest of winter to look forward to. In the past this kind of cold spell would have come in February, with a mild Dec and Jan. I am not too fussed as we will have other oppurtunities, it's just a shame that we have wasted such a great potential event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I've heard of blowtorch southwesterlies but that one takes the biscuit :unsure:

The good thing is that we have the rest of winter to look forward to. In the past this kind of cold spell would have come in February, with a mild Dec and Jan. I am not too fussed as we will have other oppurtunities, it's just a shame that we have wasted such a great potential event.

06Z seems to be turning cold again next week, could be the theme all winter, some seasons are just not to be, in anything footy etc, but all winter snow could miss the NW midlands, and rest of UK snowbound till march

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

This is weird. Heavy frost, of course, but dense freezing FOG. Temp -5.8 c and dropping.

There is also a rumour of of snow here on 24th/25th...drinks.gif

Am I in the Midlands, the SW or E Wales?cc_confused.gif

Yes we had dense Feezing fog but its cleared quickly.

Oh and as your Herefordshire then your definately from the Midlands. :unsure:

Posted

06Z seems to be turning cold again next week, could be the theme all winter, some seasons are just not to be, in anything footy etc, but all winter snow could miss the NW midlands, and rest of UK snowbound till march

If we had a 1963 style winter and totally missed every single snow event then it would have to be the worst of bad luck. It would be like watching your football team lose every single game by an own goal.

We WILL get some decent snow eventually. Even in the worst winters ever (2006/07, 2007/08) we got something!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Mornin everyone- I had to leave at 6.30 last night, so the big question is, DID ANDY_LEICESTER GET HIS SNOW?? I gotta tell ya, even I was feeling sympathy pangs for him last night, with the radar being that close! And how many times have you missed out now?? Its one thing to miss out by 50 miles, its another thing to miss out by 5 miles. Thats suicide tackle if you ask me!

Nottingham now has a cm sheet of solid ice, just enough to make it not very pretty, and INSANE to walk from point A to point B. The snow is just ice.. BBC has a little snow dot over us for the afternoon laugh.gif . I had to laugh! I really hope Thursday goes into snowmania, because just 48 hours before yesterday, the weather didnt really predict the snow to get that bad down south I dont think? Wasnt it suppossed to be a bit of snow on the leading edge, and primarily rain? So there is still hope for Thurs!!

Posted

Might not be snowy out there, but it is certainly bloody cold. The birds are just wolfing down every single bit of food we throw at them!

There is a lad on my Facebook from Manchester, and he keeps repeatedly posting statuses about the heavy snow up there...I can't take much more of this you know. I am getting close to wanting mild muck...where's Uncle Barty when you need him?!

Edited by nick2702

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Cheshire gap streamer ? It looks a possibilty if you progress the NW radar images, perhaps someone can check whether this shows up on similar radars.

Could this be the end of NW and W Midlands snow depravation, lets hope so.

Posted

Cheshire gap streamer ? It looks a possibilty if you progress the NW radar images, perhaps someone can check whether this shows up on similar radars.

Could this be the end of NW and W Midlands snow depravation, lets hope so.

Nope, showers are going directly West to East, much like Sunday, but even worse than that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

and to think I moved to Nottingham from Greater manchester... doh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

NW is having fun again! :(

Another boring day in the Midlands i say-the usual!

Posted

The Welsh mountains are once again killing every single shower that tries to go over them.

Posted

Where in Greater Manchester?

"sweaty Crotchdale" (Rochdale) AND THEN TODMORDEN!! They ALWAYS get snow! House is up for sale to move near Matlock now, sick of having no storms and no snow (albeit the freak miracle we had on Sunday with a cm of snow, my apologies to you on here who are in the Midlandsa Triangle a.k.a. Green Belt- at least I got ice..)

Posted

The Welsh mountains are once again killing every single shower that tries to go over them.

Its ridiculous now. We get so little precip compared to many other places.

Tomorrow looks marginal. Some did have snow from marginal conditions yesterday but i bet it all goes wrong for us and NW England gets pasted!

Posted

Its ridiculous now. We get so little precip compared to many other places.

Tomorrow looks marginal. Some did have snow from marginal conditions yesterday but i bet it all goes wrong for us and NW England gets pasted!

I want mild rubbish now. I am seriously hating this cold spell.

Posted

:clap: Hi Crimso Sprite, i live in Matlock, and looking at the Meto Radar looks like were in for more snow.

Posting from work at moment.

Definately a good place to live.

Posted

Met Office just updated a warning for Derbyshire to get heavy snow...

Posted

I want mild rubbish now. I am seriously hating this cold spell.

I know, its so unfair.:clap:

Yesterdays precip diverted around us, not a single shower can make it and anything that gets here is very short lived.

I hate this very much right now. I bet we miss any snow tomorrow by just a few miles aswell!

Posted

"sweaty Crotchdale" (Rochdale) AND THEN TODMORDEN!! They ALWAYS get snow! House is up for sale to move near Matlock now, sick of having no storms and no snow (albeit the freak miracle we had on Sunday with a cm of snow, my apologies to you on here who are in the Midlandsa Triangle a.k.a. Green Belt- at least I got ice..)

Yeah, Bolton, Rochdale and Oldham have always done well in winters due to the Height of the towns.

but since last feb and including this winter so far Northampton has smashed Bolton.laugh.gif

Posted

Just to illustrate how dreadfully unlucky this is, look at the showers in the NW and Wales. The ones in the NW are moving directly East, and we need them to move South East. However, the ones in Wales are moving South East-ish, but they die when they clear the mountains meaning we get nothing but a bit of cloud.

Pathetic cold spell, it really is.

Posted

Hi Mark! Long live snow in the Dales!!!! lol!!drunk.gif

I'll bet as soon as I move up there (if this godforsaken house ever sells!!) it wont snow anymore (or storm for that matter!!) I used to live in Philadelphia, and when I lived there we went through this mild period of winters being like UK winters 2007/08 style. Just rubbish! and then the year I left, we got blasted with 30" (yes 30"!) of SNOW in March. (my last winter there) It was mental and AMAZING!!! I moved to UK that summer, and ever since then they've been getting 'blammo-ed' with snow every winter. They just got dumped with 20" the other day cray.gif

Posted

I know, its so unfair.:wallbash:

Yesterdays precip diverted around us, not a single shower can make it and anything that gets here is very short lived.

I hate this very much right now. I bet we miss any snow tomorrow by just a few miles aswell!

I think if the 06z is right any snow will be about a 100miles away from us. Last nights 18z had us in with every chance of some heavy snow.

Posted

absoltely blizzarding here near oldham.19cm of snow and its still coming down.

whistling.gif

wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Posted

The latest BBC Map updates say it all for us-RAIN!

Its laughable really now as this is just a big Joke. Its like last February-'We can expect some 20-30cm for many'. What do we get? About 3 pathetic centimetres.