Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

I MIGHT get something from this- it seems to have a southern drift to it, but it looks like its weakening with every radar shot as well rolleyes.gif

post-8050-12614869285313_thumb.png

Posted

It's clouding over now and quite dark to the west though it looks like just the light leftovers will hit us at best, which is still better than what weve got so far though it would be just typical to be graupel or soft hail..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It's clouding over now and quite dark to the west though it looks like just the light leftovers will hit us at best, which is still better than what weve got so far though it would be just typical to be graupel or soft hail..

I've given up on it now, will certainly be dead by the time it reaches here.

Posted

I've given up on it now, will certainly be dead by the time it reaches here.

Surprise surprise its breaking up over Telford with the heavy falls clearly seen falling from the clouds to the west, the east and the north, awful luck, be lucky to get a few flakes now..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Hi Crimsone Sprite.

Interesting radar pic, but have to admit, I can't actually see any clouds in the sky here yet.

I can actually- if I look north, there is a wall of white cumulus which must be its edge. But other than that it is clear blue skies.

Posted

Had cloud here, temp dropped a little, but that's all.

Posted

Very light sleety rain here now with the blue sky already moving back in whilst a few miles south west and east the sky is jet black.

:)

Posted

Nothing in Shrewsbury, the cloud came and went, no precipitation

Look at this forecast, is it trustworthy?

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp

is it me or are temperatures rising more than expected today? the maximum temperature was supposed to be one degree, and its 2 now in the west midlands. i cant believe its risen so much, especially in herefordshire where it was -7 last night. the temperature just doesnt like staying down round here

Posted

is it me or are temperatures rising more than expected today? the maximum temperature was supposed to be one degree, and its 2 now in the west midlands. i cant believe its risen so much, especially in herefordshire where it was -7 last night. the temperature just doesnt like staying down round here

Reached 0.7c here, I think that's about right.

Posted

Well that was a waste of time, stopped now and it was pretty much entirely rain anyway which has made the ground even less wintry looking now..

Looks like tommorow nights system a load of rain to.

Posted

There quite a different range in a short distance.

For example:

Pontefract at 10am - -4oC

Derby at 11.10am - -1oC

However, during the journey (A1 -> M18 -> M1 -> A50), the temperature ranged from -4.5oC to +1.5oC.

Snow cover is making a difference.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What a dissapointment, showers just to the NW again today and xmas eve's PPN will sadly be very much rain for here. Charts look good for a reload into the new year as well though. Next week looks like it'll either be a battle line for rain/snow or a very wet a miserable week for most.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just had a light flurry of snow, unexpected, but very pleasant all the same! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

BBC Maps show some perhaps slow moving snow on the backedge on Thursday Morning for us. One to watch perhaps. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Let's hope it does snow for Thursday, although there may still be a possibility for Wednesday night, too.

If not, then I really hope next week will bring us a big blanket of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

To be honest, if you want to keep any of your current wintryness for christmas day, this is a bit of a nightmare set up. It's just going to wash it all away. Any hint of snow will be so wet puddles will form (maybe lucky to see some slush).

Edited by Supercell

Posted

To be honest, if you want to keep any of your current wintryness for christmas day, this is a bit of a nightmare set up. It's just going to wash it all away. Any hint of snow will be so wet puddles will form (maybe just a hint of slush).

Most of us have nothing to wash away :)

It's a gamble I am willing to take...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Yeah, fair enough. I still have a thin dusting, so I am looking at it from a selfish point of you. It's about time we had a favourable set up for the midlands. Still some runs to go to decide the all important positioning etc

Posted

Most of us have nothing to wash away laugh.gif

It's a gamble I am willing to take...

rofl.gif yeah, I agree! The 1/2cm of solid ice I have on every pavement is just begging to break all of my arms and legs, and with a hyper-active staffy I need to walk like 45 times a day, I dont need to be celebrating xmas in a bodycast. This ice is CRAP, need SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW..

Posted

things that make you go hmmmmmmm......14.40 radar, is it possible i could get a flake? anyone in derbyshire getting snow?

post-8050-12614936233413_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I guess we'll just have to see how the weather progresses. I still have high hopes for some snow (even if a little wet/sleety) to gang up on us sometime this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Back from my adventures in the south east where everything is struggling with the snow & ice.

Heading north out of London on the train you're treated to a winter wonderland scene around Bedford & Luton with fairly deep snow and everything a shade of white.

It rapidly thins out as you hit Kettering area then near enough disappears south of Leicester.

Nottingham still has some around but nothing like down south!