Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I wonder how far Shefali will forecast this evening? She might be brave and go to 9am tomorrow morning :acute::acute:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I wonder how far Shefali will forecast this evening? She might be brave and go to 9am tomorrow morning :acute::acute:

Buggar me thats alot to ask!

She said tomorrow night could amount to loads, very little or none at all. Covering all areas there. :acute:

Posted

What do people think, the netweather site is saying i could have 8mm of rain overnight, with occasional moderate falls. How much snow would this be?

Shefali Oza has also just said that the metoffice are keeping very quite about the precipitation on 23/24 as they dont actually know, like last night proved, whether it'll be snow or how much, she said potentially lots

Posted

She said tomorrow night could amount to loads, very little or none at all. Covering all areas there. :acute:

The temperatures could also be hot, cold or average :acute:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

not watching her, I want Simon Keeling, tomorrow night very marginal but bbc did say turning to snow as it moves north, some promise on this forum. But most likely another flop

Posted

not watching her, I want Simon Keeling, tomorrow night very marginal but bbc did say turning to snow as it moves north, some promise on this forum. But most likely another flop

There is one positive though Mark - the snow in the south east is going to melt :acute:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The temperatures could also be hot, cold or average :D

Precipitation could fall on December the 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st, January 1st, 2nd...and the list goes on. :)

There is one positive though Mark - the snow in the south east is going to melt :acute:

For that reason it can now rain tomorrow for all i care. :):acute::acute::):):D:p

Posted

yeah thats true, but it wont in the N or NW or NE

SW guys have really low temps, mines not dropping and skies still clear -1.3C

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted

post-6740-12615072566713_thumb.jpg

We can dream :acute: 1 thing that looks to be in our favour in the midlands could be timimg, if its going to be marginal 3am is the best time 4 it.

Posted

post-6740-12615072566713_thumb.jpg

We can dream :) 1 thing that looks to be in our favour in the midlands could be timimg, if its going to be marginal 3am is the best time 4 it.

That picture is wrong for a start!! where's the huge midlands shaped gap in that band??!! :lol:

Posted

Very strange forecast. "Snow in the south, turning to rain as it heads north" - despite the fact the map showed lower temps and equal snow in the north!

Posted

good old shefali, -2s and -3s here with snow and rain shown. If they are the temps id be certain of snow.

Posted

Lol she actually did a more decent outlook if rather brief.

Posted

That picture is wrong for a start!! where's the huge midlands shaped gap in that band??!! :lol:

you should know by now it only appears about 20miles away from it getting here

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

could well be a transient snow setup, but most likely snow at 3am then all gone by daylight, looking like its rained :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Well i'm afaraid that forecast was largely inaccurate. It was a case of chuck in some periods of snow within the rain to cover ourselves.

Posted

If shefali is right in terms of temps many of us will do well in this area in terms of seeing snow, whether it settles is another matter altogether, although its predicted to be quite heavy. I guess were all gonna have to wait till around 130pm tomorrow to see if instead of saying theres uncertainty as to whether we will get snow or not, they start saying 1 way or the other with some confidence.

Posted

Disappointingly its looks as though I might be miss tomorrow nights potential as im to far E. Still with max temps unlikely to exceed 2-3C from now until Xmas day it looks as though a white xmas is a certainity in Peterborough.

Posted

She said tomorrow night could amount to loads, very little or none at all. Covering all areas there. laugh.gif

OMG i want to be a weather forcaster, how hard can it be, tomorow its going to be sunny but it may be cloudy....or not