Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

the 1 thing about the warning that stands out, is the OUTBREAKS OF RAIN WILL TURN INCREASINGLY TO SLEET AND SNOW. we have very light rain atm, hopefully the sleet and snow will start when it gets heavier.

Posted

few flakes of sleety snow flying past the lamp post here now...

Posted

Excellent news here, i`m out early tomorrow morning to enjoy all the snow and ice, should be an excellent scene in nearby countryside, looking forward to a nice night time walk, if anybody is in doubts to how cold it is my advice is just go out for a walk in the early hours of the morning before sunrise in the countryside esp valley areas where its been bonechillingly cold the past few nights down to around -10C :)

If thats normal then bring on more normality :)

You seem very confident , Let's hope this rain changes to snow cause most places are reporting rain . You can't open the window for long though , this has got to be the coldest rain I have ever seen in my life , which makes me think if the ppn does become more intense Snow is a big possibility

Posted

Just popped outside for a quick look, its raining (hinckley). :)

Yep very light rain in Nuneaton at the moment too. Ive been silently driving myself mad for more than a week with forum & radar watching, now I finally get precip and its the wrong sort, oh well, never mind, at least I was outside when we got a weensy bit of snow on Saturday.

I suppose there is a tiny chance things will be more snow-like when it gets heavier, but I dont place much hope on it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

the 1 thing about the warning that stands out, is the OUTBREAKS OF RAIN WILL TURN INCREASINGLY TO SLEET AND SNOW. we have very light rain atm, hopefully the sleet and snow will start when it gets heavier.

Yes I read that too. I was to frightened to quote it, didn't want to tempt fate. Here's hoping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Light snow reported in Halesowen near here now. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Hmm, very light sleet in the air here in Telford, path is still frozen solid as is the lawn. I have a feeling we will get something but not much............

Posted

Rain starting to come down a bit heavier now...can't see any wintryness in it at all. Will keep an eye on it.

Posted

the heavier precip south of birmingham is heading north east, so looks like at some point we might get something heavy, whether itl be snow or not im not so confident, not many snow reports coming in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Rain starting to come down a bit heavier now...can't see any wintryness in it at all. Will keep an eye on it.

Whats your altitude?

Looks like the Lancashire and West Yorkshire areas which have done so well with the westerly snow showers all week are going to benefit from this band as well! Seems pretty likely that it will have turned to snow by the time it gets that far up.

Posted

At least this is a fun way to see in Christmas Eve ... All the reports of Snow are in the West , has naybody got any snow falling further east , Coleshill , Hinckley , Nuneaton .... ?

Posted

temperture bang on freezing now. If it gets to 1.0c then it's going to be tricky for any snow to settle rolleyes.gif

Posted

Coming down a little heavier here now, albeit still pretty light. Definitely sleety in nature but no full on snow as yet.

Posted

Well im in central southern england and have worked all afternoon in horrendous conditions very heavy rain,sleet,5 claps of thunder and dark by 3 45 so if what i worked through turns to snow further north well,interesting it will be.

Things will change down here , but what I can say is that heavy hail then came on and has not melted so at present it cannot be that mild,also ive lived here for 20 years and have never seen so much ice on the roads and pavements many either went home slowly or parked up and walked very dangerous today.

Will watch with interest how things go on further north tonight.

Posted

Very light sleet here at the moment at 120m asl.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Very light rain here now in stourbridge

sleet here, no idea what my altitude is but quite close to Clent