Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Woke up to an accumulated depth of about 8" this morning and snowing heavily. Had to get a friend with a 4X4 to take up the Chevin to get the turkey. Glad he was able to help or Xmas would have been cancelled.

Onlydown side is the only money machine in the village has broken down so don't know how we're going to buy beer :-)

Posted

could you do me a favour mate, i want to change my user name because ive had it since 2004 lol

Hi mate, pm me with your new user-name, and I'll get it sorted for you <_<

Posted

Cold and white this morning <_< Temp is 1.5c however there is little evidence of a thaw. I'm hoping it lasts till tomorrow however i expect a thaw then onwards!

youve got same conditions as us mate :angry: you seen the photos ive uploaded? that was taken not so long back! hate leeds right now! all that snow missed here again! lol

Posted

temp 0.7C still no snowmelt except on very few surfaces.

I think the ground temps are colder than the air temps.

Snow depth 8cm <_< edit maybe 10cm, too hard to tell

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

youve got same conditions as us mate biggrin.gif you seen the photos ive uploaded? that was taken not so long back! hate leeds right now! all that snow missed here again! lol

Don't worry! If that charts are to believed all this is the starter before the main course!! shok.gifcold.gif

And some great pictures <_< How is the snow holding up?

Posted

youve got same conditions as us mate :angry: you seen the photos ive uploaded? that was taken not so long back! hate leeds right now! all that snow missed here again! lol

Ive just seen your pics mate and there great <_< rather foggy here with not much thawing at the moment

Posted

Don't worry! If that charts are to believed all this is the starter before the main course!! shok.gifcold.gif

And some great pictures <_< How is the snow holding up?

melted off cars but snow seems more damp but thats about it and some areas near buildings! could be more snow tonight and tomorrow as yorkshire is the limit for any to turn to snow acording to NW xmas update :angry:. Got to admit though we have missed out loads this cold spell!

Posted

melted off cars but snow seems more damp but thats about it and some areas near buildings! could be more snow tonight and tomorrow as yorkshire is the limit for any to turn to snow acording to NW xmas update smile.gif. Got to admit though we have missed out loads this cold spell!

One to watch, it may just miss me. But that may not be a bad thing...

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Snowing big flakes again here. This is starting to look like someone has it in for the Pennines, and is determined for us to have many feet of the stuff by year end. Thought we were going to have a snow free day, but now it seems to be just forming north of Manchester so as to save it all to dump on us.

Edited by cowdog

Posted

This winter could be the only winter to have a chance to re visit 1991 and 1994 snow fall amounts.

Here a few photos of me during the 1991!

post-1104-12616544618613_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12616544917513_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12616545230013_thumb.jpg

heres hope :)

Posted

This winter could be the only winter to have a chance to re visit 1991 and 1994 snow fall amounts.

post-1104-12616544618613_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12616544917513_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12616545230013_thumb.jpg

heres hope smile.gif

Great pictures, just missed 1991 with being born in 1992 :) Were these taken in Doncaster?

Posted

sorry about that, forgot how big the photos were. Here are the compressed versions :)

This is where i still live :)

post-1104-12616548338013_thumb.jpg

post-1104-12616548448613_thumb.jpg

post-1104-12616548571013_thumb.jpg

Posted

heres hope :)

Nice pictures mate. I've seen you post those before-I think it was last winter :)

Posted

Steady thaw here, most of the paths and roads are now grey with thick icy slush. We might if we are lucky still have a bit left tomorrow. Grandparents supposed to be travelling here from wakefield tomorrow. When I spoke to then it seems unlikely unless it thaws a bit between now and tomorrow morning.

Posted

Great pictures, just missed 1991 with being born in 1992 :) Were these taken in Doncaster?

yup yup and that tractor was my uncle roger that traveled from thurnsco near barnsley to doncaster to help us!