Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

NO WAY GUESS WHAT PPL

Just saw the bbc24 weather and they said an area of snow developing across central and aest mids tonight , with another couple of cms . Im supprised no1s picked up on it .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

NO WAY GUESS WHAT PPL

Just saw the bbc24 weather and they said an area of snow developing across central and aest mids tonight , with another couple of cms . Im supprised no1s picked up on it .

A few flurries/light snow showers were possible but what the BBC have said is very new!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

A few flurries/light snow showers were possible but what the BBC have said is very new!

I no , these are the best setups tho cause they come out of no where , even 2cms is nearly an inch and would be very welcome to top up the sprinkling of snow and endless sheets i have in my road outside!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still got most my snow, max temp 2.4C, now 1.0C, very foggy, hope I have it Xmas morning

my Xmas eve snow yay

post-6661-12616779582613_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12616779956813_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12616780319613_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12616780664313_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12616780970913_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12616781234913_thumb.jpg

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

NO WAY GUESS WHAT PPL

Hi Shaun,

Yes i saw that as well and was suprised.Looking at 12z GFS the nearest to snow is this

uksnowrisk.png

The met. seem to believe there`s a chance.

It looks unlikely but you never know,after all it is Christmasw00t.gif

Edited by phil n.warks.

Posted

Merry Christmas my fellow Midlanders and a Happy (and potentially snowy :p) New Year! :p

yeah merry Xmas everyone

gfs seems to give me a sleet fest next week, but I have a feeling the low will track further south than the models are suggesting, so the midlands remaining dry, and snowfest for London and the S and SE :drunk:

Posted

The Weather Outlook is forecasting me 60mm of rain next Tues/Wed, but its saying snow, that would equate to about 2ft of snow

With the cold air moving South and the rain moving North, we could become the battle ground, straight over the Midlands

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoforecasts/forregdaily.aspx?postcode=sy1&selected=0

Here's hoping

Happy Christmas everyone

Posted

Well we kept last night's snow into this morning (there were a few more flakes around midnight then it froze), so at last I had an official "day of snow lying". :help::help:

No more snow today, since midday (when most of t was still there) it's gone foggy, grey and been slowly warming- it's gone from many surfaces and what remains is increasingly slushy, though the ground is still hard. Don't think we'll still have much left tomorrow- the 25th is now the only day between Dec 20 and Jan 8 inclusive which in the last 20 years has never had lying snow here.

Posted

The Weather Outlook is forecasting me 60mm of rain next Tues/Wed, but its saying snow, that would equate to about 2ft of snow

With the cold air moving South and the rain moving North, we could become the battle ground, straight over the Midlands

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoforecasts/forregdaily.aspx?postcode=sy1&selected=0

Here's hoping

Happy Christmas everyone

The weatheronline forecast great as well, cold from monday with snow moving up from south for tuesday, but not that confident yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

yeah merry Xmas everyone

gfs seems to give me a sleet fest next week, but I have a feeling the low will track further south than the models are suggesting, so the midlands remaining dry, and snowfest for London and the S and SE :help:

Dont be so downbeat which i know many staffordshire and shopshire people have been all week understandably.

Yes there is plenty of time for change. Enjoy the ride for now!

Posted

Not sure on this PPN tonight.

Looking at the BBC internet map of ppn, it shows practically nothing reaching anywhere near the East Midlands (Let alone the West).

Checking the 12z GEFS, it shows very light ppn reaching perhaps parts of Leics. However, the main band on the GEFS pretty much follows the beeb, with it not really reaching far north (Herts perhaps), before moving back s/e.

Could be a surprise (like last night), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

ST - Looks like a random ppn floating around. Surprised its heavy looking the reindeer.

Interesting those with fog have had temperatures surpressed...has been foggy around here all day, and around Tamworth way, hit +2.5oC.

Basically, about 90% thaw today, but if its freezes again, it will be quite bad again in the morn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

NO WAY GUESS WHAT PPL

Yes a bit of rain come from nowhere just east of us at 2.4c

Might be a bit interesting further north

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Yes a bit of rain come from nowhere just east of us at 2.4c

Might be a bit interesting further north

Just watched the forecast and they do seem to be going for snow for the m69 corridor Coventry to Leicestershire about 3am. It would be bizarre if andy leics finally gets snow on Christmas morning when he didn't even know it had been forecast! In sw leics myself for Christmas I'll believe it when I see it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Just watched the forecast and they do seem to be going for snow for the m69 corridor Coventry to Leicestershire about 3am. It would be bizarre if andy leics finally gets snow on Christmas morning when he didn't even know it had been forecast! In sw leics myself for Christmas I'll believe it when I see it!

Good post , not sure i could believe it myself!

Posted

No it's not. Sky weather has been showing it all day, and I brought the news to the thread earlier.

Some people on this thread are so rude!

Posted

Very interesting BBC forecast for this region it doe shave to be said. The models are developing a region of precip in the east Midlands over the next 3-6hrs and this could well be of snow. Temps are marginal though the extra night time cooling in the next few hours in any moderate bursts will drag the freezing level down.

Very much going to be a 50-50 set-up, some will get something, some will get just rain from this.

Also worth watching for tomorrow nights set-up, I'd imagine the 12z GFS would give a brief spell of snow for this region on the leading edge of the front before it allows milder air in.

Posted

why r some peeps on this thread rude? i don get it! have i missed somthing?cc_confused.gif

I was just thinking that. Think blizzards was slightly put out that someonecsaid it was news when he had relayed it earlier. Freezing fog in se Leicestershire now, goodwill to all men

Posted

So have the BBC, Met or anyone else actually named any places that might get snow tonight? Ive seen various charts and stuff but no forecasts for anywhere specific that show snow.

Anyway Merry Christmas all, regardless of the weather.

PS. Any tips for where I can look if I want to geek out by seeing old charts of snow events I have lodged in my memory from the 1990-1996 period? For a starter, the December 1990 (I think) event that left me snowed in in Nuneaton with a battery radio for company. Doesnt even have to be charts, can just be anectodes or descriptions of the event and what weather setup caused it.

Edited by SteveElbows

Posted

No it's not. Sky weather has been showing it all day, and I brought the news to the thread earlier.

Some people on this thread are so rude!

Hmmm :drinks:

I do not watch Sky news.

Earlier on the BBC maps this was not really shown to the extent it is now.

Posted

So have the BBC, Met or anyone else actually named any places that might get snow tonight? Ive seen various charts and stuff but no forecasts for anywhere specific that show snow.

Anyway Merry Christmas all, regardless of the weather.

PS. Any tips for where I can look if I want to geek out by seeing old charts of snow events I have lodged in my memory from the 1990-1996 period? For a starter, the December 1990 (I think) event that left me snowed in in Nuneaton with a battery radio for company. Doesnt even have to be charts, can just be anectodes or descriptions of the event and what weather setup caused it.

www.wetterzentrale.de then click on kartenarchiv ab 1948

Posted

why r some peeps on this thread rude? i don get it! have i missed somthing?cc_confused.gif

Thats just the question i would like to ask. :drinks: