Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Rain here in Moulton Northants. Temp and dewpoint 1.2c and foggy Happy Christmas to you all.

Edited by jimben

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Fairly surreal here... It's raining moderately and we are in fairly thick fog. Like being up a mountain. 0.7C

Same here, it's bizzare. Apperantly the dew is -1c here but yet it's falling as rain lol, wish it was snow!!!

Posted

Great scenario isn't it!

0.7°C (stable) for the past few hrs. Radar watching for the past 3 hrs, very slow in movement but things are developing. Be it rain sleet or snow its been a good session on the radar!

Going to walk the dog in a hour, with a little bit of luck ill see Father Christmas and ill report back with any sleet / snow!

Happy Christmas everyone :lol:

Posted

if it does turn to snow looks like its gonna remain east of me by 10miles lol. i think the 850s rather than temps and dew point is the problem tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Temp and dewpoint just dropped from 1.2c to 0.8c still raining

Posted

Hi guy's reason why it's rain and not snow is due to the thickness (DAM) plus dews are marginal, although with the current stagnant cold air and also -4 850's thats still enough to fall as snow, but take away the DAM, and that's what you get, rain..

Its been raining here in Hull for a good 40 mins, temp is 0 with a dew of -1.

Merry Xmas all,

Have a good one :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

off topic, but merry christmas to Andy, Nick, Luke and all fellow midlands weather fanatics...hope you all have a good one! :lol:

Posted

Amazing how this precip has just intensified. Why can't this happen when its easily cold enough lol.

Still dry here at the moment, temp 1C, DP 1C at 23.00.

Posted

off topic, but merry christmas to Andy, Nick, Luke and all fellow midlands weather fanatics...hope you all have a good one! :)

Thanks dude you too :)

Merry Christmas fellow snow lovers :) We have been through tough times as snow lovers the past 2 weeks, it's our turn for the snow soon :lol:

Posted

We have been through tough times as snow lovers the past 2 weeks, it's our turn for the snow soon :)

I know what you mean its been awful here. :lol:

Only joking mate.

Merry Xmas to you all.

Posted

Thanks dude you too smile.gif

Merry Christmas fellow snow lovers biggrin.gif We have been through tough times as snow lovers the past 2 weeks, it's our turn for the snow soon tongue.gif

Not us 30 miles south east of you ...biggrin.gif

Posted

So it should turn to sleet even snow! as it intensifies :D!!! If it hits 12 and we get a flake then WAHOOO! a technical white christmas!

Haha, gotta be honest with you mate, if it snows here tonight in Leicester I think I may give my Christmas presents away tomorrow. Thats how unlikely I think it is lol.

Posted

What if one flake falls?

Metoffice now say 80 per cent risk that it turns to sleet and snow. If andy leics gets it on christmas eve of all times it will surely be the stuff of net weather legend.

Posted

Metoffice now say 80 per cent risk that it turns to sleet and snow. If andy leics gets it on christmas eve of all times it will surely be the stuff of net weather legend.

Lmao that is true :D

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

I will say that I remember an occasion many years ago when constant heavy rain dropped the temp from 6C to 0C and gave me a good few inches of snowfall.

Looking at the radar and this band is hardly moving, just intensifying but remaining static. Now according to the radar the heaviest precip is N of Northampton but E of Leicester. Ideally you want this to expand and intensify over your areas. If this happens then the cooling may turn the rain into snow.

Posted

I am currently in the middle of the heaviest ppn, which is falling as quite heavy rain unfortunately and I am hoping that it doesnt melt the snow that has been lying for days now. It would be nice to have snow lying on xmas day, even better if this rain turned to snow tonight.

Posted

I am currently in the middle of the heaviest ppn, which is falling as quite heavy rain unfortunately and I am hoping that it doesnt melt the snow that has been lying for days now. It would be nice to have snow lying on xmas day, even better if this rain turned to snow tonight.

Also enjoying some nice RAIN... temp 1C, dewpoint 1C.

Posted

Looks like that heavy ppn is going to head SE over the wash.

Missing peterborough whistling.gif