Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Well the radar shows it as turning readily to snow as it pushes eastwards, look at it near leeds, it should be snow in leeds :)

http://www.ukweather...fall-radar.html

God dam it, just had a dew rise to 0.2c :'(

Was snow when it first it Oldham east laying 1cm of wetflakes before turning to moderate rain ! temp rises are fast and furious once your under the band !.

Thank god for that... its dying off :D oh and surface is pretty cold so the melt here was 0.

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted

@ Arnott- You obvs didn't see the Jokes bit at the bottom, as it's snowing here.

@ Jed Bickerdike- were undery very light PPN so don't worry (just yet)

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Turned rapidly to rain. Oh well. Going to be icy there folks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Still a white xmas though and snow did fall.

10123 whts goin on with you??raining too? are you nearly in tears like me lol -how cn this happen. yes i knw uppers etc buit i hav NEVVER seen this happen when theres frost still on roofs n cars n then poors dwn with rain to wash it away!! i seen much more marginal situations! like sumone sed earlier doubt any if much snow next week. We would still hav had this cover but thanks to the rain!!

Posted

Got the odd flurry flying about :D

You can see on this radar whats happening, regarding the warmer 850's to the south and west, as it hits the colder air across our region, it turns readily wintry on the precip type;

post-2644-12617712896613_thumb.png

Posted

Well our weatrher is just crazy!! is still really frosty!!! and icy on cars n roofs then started as snow, turned to ice pellets and now rain with there still being a frost!!! typical wht a shame and waste!! bye bye my lovely snow

Some people need to stop stressing.

1.)We are under the lightest of PPN

2.)Latest radar shows the PPN is been killed over north Leeds

3.)There is a layer of ice over all snow from the mist, it will be very hard to loose snow cover as the rain will freeze over the ice

4.)Look at the snow cover, do you see any evidence of rainfall (I don't), the layer of ice is working as a shield.

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Sleety rain, turned quickly to rain here- bit disappointing but given what we've had and what may still be to come I'm not in a complaining mood! Enjoy it tonight to all those who get more snow!! Merry Christmas

bb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

it's switching between icy pellets and snow here, temp 0.9º and DP of -0.55º

there's a slight covering on the edges of the roads in quite a few places.

Here's to an official white christmas!!:D

Merry Christmas everyone :)

I take it you don't understand the models very well or even look at them. stop talking rubbish, really.wallbash.gif

I agree. Anyway I can't take his posts seriously 'wiv all the cht spk', but that's just me.

Next week looks exciting, met office already putting advisories out, met monkey warning off potentially severe disruption, and guess what, northern & central England (and Wales) are looking the most at risk!

Plenty to look forward to, so lets quit moaning about the snow thawing! There's more to come!

:D:):cold::cold::):D:D:)

I take it you don't understand the models very well or even look at them. stop talking rubbish, really.wallbash.gif

[/quot

Mate i understand the charts as i am studying meteorolgy and have many accounts of previous wrk experience working alongside paul hudson. I hav been out all day so havent been looking at the uppers and therefore think its unbelievable tht its pouring with rain when its still frosty n icy and the local forecasts says snow tonight!! And as for next wek i bet you my bottom dollar we dnt get much snow! it will be scotland northern ireland and the low pushing in wont affect us!watch this space. its five days away n theyu cnt get a couple of hours righht!! if i'm wrong i will personally come see you and give you a bottle of vodka or wine etc

(deciphers)

I will personally visit your house, sing Heartbreak Hotel in a piercing falsetto whilst naked juggling a carving knife, and massage your buttocks if we miss out on the progged snowfall potential next week.

The ensembles point to colder conditions moving in prior to New Year's Day, and meteorologists far more knowledgeable than you are putting the central and northern areas of GB at the highest risk.

It could all go tits up, but it also could be another chapter of this excellent winter.

Posted

We tend to do well out of North Easterlies or easterlies. One of which is very likely. With regards to the low i expect it to get pushed further south with central areas seeing the best of the snow :) Its still years away in model terms so its looking for trends and waiting till nearer the time!

Posted

ame='arnott' date='25 December 2009 - 20:14 ' timestamp='1261772042' post='1673012']

(deciphers)

I will personally visit your house, sing Heartbreak Hotel in a piercing falsetto whilst naked juggling a carving knife, and massage your buttocks if we miss out on the progged snowfall potential next week.

The ensembles point to colder conditions moving in prior to New Year's Day, and meteorologists far more knowledgeable than you are putting the central and northern areas of GB at the highest risk.

It could all go tits up, but it also could be another chapter of this excellent winter.

well i am not bothered he is basing his thoughts on what he thinks will happen and not thinking about the models it sounds. whether this low doesn't bring snow we would be unlucky and thereafter there is potential for some heavy snow showers developing.

i reckon we have more chance of snow then dentral souterhn england, because there is more chance it will rain there.

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

Have you got much snow cover left mate?

Shed roofs have a good inch and half still, and same for untouched gardens in parts, paths it's mainly slush and ice, with the odd pocket of snow, but it's blooming cold!

Lewis

rolleyes.gif you are all talk lol. probably still waiting for you to put me on ignore because you want to see what else i put whistling.gif

Its been raining here and yet we still are holding onto the snow. hoping for it to freeze over.

You just don't know when to shut up and give it a rest do you?

And for your information, i don't think there is an ignore button.