Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 19

MAF

Posted

Overlooking the North Sea here in North Lowestoft and we have a light easterly breeze and feeling remarkably mild for the time of year.

Currently 4.7c in Lowestoft Diane from some of the local stations in your neck of the woods.

Just a quick question for you, do you know what your average Temperature for Late December is for NE Norfolk, I am guessing your Statement about "REmarkably Mild" is Remarkably way off the mark :)

Posted

Currently 4.7c in Lowestoft Diane from some of the local stations in your neck of the woods.

Just a quick question for you, do you know what your average Temperature for Late December is for NE Norfolk

I think you will find if you take quick look at a map of the British Isles that Lowestoft is in Suffolk, NE Suffolk.

Posted

Hi chilly no i dont have green fingers. laugh.gif

http://www.wundergro...p?ID=IHERTFOR11

I have found some of these readings to be suspect before.

Last february for example on the 3rd despite people posting in their personal weather station

readings of 2-3c for this area, it was showing St Albans as +6c which was way, way to high.

In fact I have just looked at St Albans and it has the temperature down as -1.1c with a dew

point of -3.3c, um I think not.

Edited by cooling climate

Posted

I think you will find if you take quick look at a map of the British Isles that Lowestoft is in Suffolk, NE Suffolk.

Thanks for that must brush up on my BI Geography.

So are you still stating it is Remarkably MILD Diane - I am intrigued by your comment because if you are then you clearly have no idea what Remarkably Mild is for this time of year (Eg 10-12c)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

miserable day. rain now turning to a sleety mix, and a biting wind

Sleety mix here at Gravesend in heavier bursts. Temp 3.8c steady

Posted

Rain, heavy in Dagenham East moderate breeze from the East, driving the rain a wee bit.

Cold, not sure of temps, hoping for a glimmer of a chance of some sleet and wet snow this evening. Won't rule it out. Met Office are updating there warnings, more widespread than originally thought, so as I say, you never know.

Posted

Thanks for that must brush up on my BI Geography.

So are you still stating it is Remarkably MILD Diane - I am intrigued by your comment because if you are then you clearly have no idea what Remarkably Mild is for this time of year (Eg 10-12c)

Fair enough, I know nothing about weather, and you know nothing about geography, let's call it a draw. I'm now going for a stroll along the beach, that's the sandy bit between the sea and the land.

Posted

I have found some of these readings to be suspect before.

Last february for example on the 3rd despite people posting in their personal weather station

readings of 2-3c for this area, it was showing St Albans as +6c which was way, way to high.

In fact I have just looked at St Albans and it has the temperature down as -1.1c with a dew

point of -3.3c, um I think not.

Ahh, so I may be nearer the mark then?

Well I'm currently showing 3.3/3.4c at home with dewpoint of 2.5c

The site is showing 2.4c with a dewpoint of 1.1c

I'm not sure which to believe, although I would accept that my temp may be a little warmer than expected due the size of my garden.

Is there anyone else in the region with weather station that I can compare with?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

only rain here temp is 3.8c dewpoint 3.0c no chance of snow at the moment :)

Posted

Fair enough, I know nothing about weather, and you know nothing about geography, let's call it a draw. I'm now going for a stroll along the beach, that's the sandy bit between the sea and the land.

You really are an old Charmer Diane :)

Careful your Light Easterly breeze does not blow sand in your eyes :)

Posted

Ahh, so I may be nearer the mark then?

Well I'm currently showing 3.3/3.4c at home with dewpoint of 2.5c

The site is showing 2.4c with a dewpoint of 1.1c

I'm not sure which to believe, although I would accept that my temp may be a little warmer than expected due the size of my garden.

Is there anyone else in the region with weather station that I can compare with?

if it helps i have the following

temp 2.5c ,dew point 1.2

Posted

if it helps i have the following

temp 2.5c ,dew point 1.2

Thanks Simon.

I've just notice that Tommy in Ware has a temp of 3.2c which is similar to mine. Ware is about 10miles SE of me.

You are about 25miles west of me.

I'll plumb for something in middle I think.lol

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Well it's pouring down! :)

Posted

Hi Worthing West Sussex calling.

For those inland Sussex Weald area any sleet wet snow?

Higher elevation.

Reason for my question, Worthing met station constant 3-4 degrees , strong Easterly wind, nothing onshore.

Just thought i would ask. Pool of cold air etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

lol phoar! bit of feistyness there.diablo.gif

Haha! Well there's theisty, and then down-right rude... From what I know on here of Paul it's a good job he's the kind of bloke to take it the right way.. lol!

Posted

Haha! Well there's theisty, and then down-right rude... From what I know on here of Paul it's a good job he's the kind of bloke to take it the right way.. lol!

lol yh, from what i've seen of Lowestoft shes been rather depressing on this forum. For example, today she said it has been remarkably mild for the time of year which of course is nonsense. At 4 degress and a biting easterly wind this is not the case.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Do u guys think this area will get any proper snow in the next week? How's the E/NE'lies looking with re to snow for friday/saturday?

Posted

Joe B from AccuWeather has just updated his European blog. Let's see if his forecast materialises.

Here is part of his write up:

COLD AIR STILL 12-24 HOURS AWAY FROM COMPLEX STORM

The powerful storm located on the southwest coast of England still does not have enough cold air to work with as the arctic air is still pushing south. However, with time, this very complex situation should turn cold enough so rain does turn to snow even in the lower elevations and mainly between London and Manchester. It is tricky, but we have to get that air to cool over the north sea first.

I expect the rain to change to snow from north to south as this storm, which is just in its early stages, matures.

There is no change on what is about to be a major attack of cold the first 10 days of the new year for much of Europe NORTH of 40 north. For folks in the southeast, (Greece, for instance, where there are lovers of winter) keep in mind that if you are going to share in the cold, it's later. This winter idea from me is the core of the cold is north of you.

But this storm is a perfect example of what I was talking about for this winter for the northwest! You see what is going on. The ebb and flow of the pattern has storms GOING SOUTH of England not just roaring by to the north. Why? The negative NAO, which was an idea I advanced here long before this winter started. And the heavy rains of November... remember the post talking about why that meant the trough was coming FOR THE WINTER. It's the same thing here in the states, we had the wet October. If it was just warm and dry, that is another signal.

Edited by yamkin