Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Well I think the met office warning for Bucks is a bit of a waste of time. Here in the south of the county I'm technically in the South East rather than the Midlands though... It's been sleeting fairly heavily for hours, temp is 2c and the precip will have moved through before long! Unless I'm missing something I don't think there will be much if any snow in Bucks.

Posted

Lol hardly anything left of it now.

Yet another non event :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Well I think the met office warning for Bucks is a bit of a waste of time. Here in the south of the county I'm technically in the South East rather than the Midlands though... It's been sleeting fairly heavily for hours, temp is 2c and the precip will have moved through before long! Unless I'm missing something I don't think there will be much if any snow in Bucks.

is it snowing any where yet or is it raining let down againcray.gifsad.gif

Posted

Can't win ... The rain has finally moved into the East midlands and the heavy stuff is dying out and changing to light blues so drizzle all the way then : )

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Raining here again and temperatures and dewpoints still miles too high. It's dark now which may help them to fall but they have a heck of a way to go and it needs the PPN to stall.

The shovel has gone back in the shed and I'll call this result Wales 1 England 0

There's a slight chance it might go to extra time ... if it goes to penalties we all know England is doomed!

Edited by kar999

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

This is a big Joke. Many forecasters are going to get it so bad now at this rate. Im close to giving up at the moment.

Posted

Raining here again and temperatures and dewpoints still miles too high. It's dark now which may help them to fall but they have a heck of a way to go and it needs the PPN to stall.

The shovel has gone back ion the shed and I'll call this result Wales 1 England 0

There's a slight chance it might go to extra time ... if it goes to penalties we all know England is doomed!

whereabouts are you? six ashes way?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Temperature and dew point STILL rising. Come on folks, it's game over now. I'm off to play Forza...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Trust this event to go wrong because it would hit us. Sno Joke as usual for us.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

Sooo disappointing up to now! been staring out the window & going out on & off all day waiting.......... yawn . My son came home for Christmas & has gone back to Cornwall a day early to get back because of the promised stuff so it could at least happen soon.

Posted

This is a big Joke. Many forecasters are going to get it so bad now at this rate. Im close to giving up at the moment.

To be fair BBC downgraded the Midlands to rain/sleet with the snow only on Welsh Hills at 10:45PM last night if I recall correctly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

you should move to the south east :lol:

Posted

i guess that shows you should never get excited at the prospect of snow, until it starts falling. it was until yesterday morning when everything looked perfect for snow, and now the dewpoints are too high, the precip is fading. its all gone pete tong again for the snow starved midlanders. look on the bright side, at least its staying cold for the foreseeable. :lol:

Posted

Did warn people that it was starting to weaken over an hour ago, really cant see much if ANY snow now unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

The sky is wee-ing hard here in lovely Nottingham (surprise-surprise) but to cheer everyone up a it with some random hope- has anyone noticed the potential for Thurs/Fri yet? Its not looking heavy, but at least its snow? Something else to place our hopes and dreams into? pardon.gif

Posted

whereabouts are you? six ashes way?

On the Shrops border west of Pattingham

Posted

Has anyone actually seen any snow laugh.gif All i have is drizzle at 3.2c and im quite a bit north from you lot. In fact the only snow i have seen reported was from Buxton. Will go and check the Wales thread! Perhaps it turning more wintry for you guys later on tonight unknw.gif

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

i have never seen a due point higher than an air temp before.

I think it means it's gone t*ts up, chris!

Posted

i guess that shows you should never get excited at the prospect of snow, until it starts falling. it was until yesterday morning when everything looked perfect for snow, and now the dewpoints are too high, the precip is fading. its all gone pete tong again for the snow starved midlanders. look on the bright side, at least its staying cold for the foreseeable. :lol:

I save my excitement until it falls as snow but i at least expected something not the lightest rain possible.