Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Heavy snow here in Heath hayes :-D

Wahayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy - at last :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

sleet here, and as andy says, that precipitation isnt going anywhere fast. this reminds me of sometime in november 2007, when it rained for a good part of the day, and then later on it changed over to snow, and actually settled to an extent. the latest beeb forecasts have snow for a good part of the day tomorrow across the central midlands. lets keep an eye on conditions over the next few hours :clap:

18th November 2007-classic event. Sleet all day and a soaked ground. By Evening heavy snow and a very good covering!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

OMGGG!!! Snow in Halesowen!

Hurrah! About time!

Posted

Temp 2°C here and still falling.

Been raining steadily all afternoon, now turning more sleety.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

A number of places around the region have dp`s of only1C incl. Brum and EMids. airports.Temps. between 1-3C.

So it won`t take much....

Posted

Some very poor posts on here, how much attention have many of you paid to the forecasts before putting you're moaning heads on. Did you just hear the word snow and then switch off to the where, how much, how marginal for some areas, when it might arrive etc etc. Its funny we have had no snow here so far, but that is exactly what I expected because I paid attention to the BBC forecasts and paid attention to the graphics. It has always been apparent that daytime snowfall was most likely in Wales and that some areas mostly the higher ground will see snow tonight, if you live in the midlands at low levels it will remain marginal, some will see some but many wont. It would really help if attention was paid to what was actually shown and said, rather than what you hope will happen. Given the strength of the wind here at the moment, (you can really hear the gusts despite the double glazing) its likely that if we do see much snow later tonight it could drift quite substantially.

Posted

Proper flakes mixing in with the rain now. :clap:

Posted

There doesnt seem to be much heavier stuff than what weve already got to come. Granted it may start to stall, you can see the movement of the southern areas of this precip band travelling quicker than the north which has practically stopped altogether. The problem is will it turn to snow or not?? i think its about 0.5c to warm in most places at the min, some1 earlier said temps were dropping about 0.1c every 10-15mins so maybe in an hour we will see more reports of snow

Temps are programed to drop to around 1 degrees for our area, as the band stall's there is so much moisture about it is likely to pep up as it all get's crushed together over us. Due points don't seem to have been a problem further South in the areas that actually got proper snow.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Peter Gibbs on the R4 forecast just said heavy snow for the Midlands tonight, but turning to rain and sleet except on the hills tomorrow when maxes will be 2-4c, so not too bad by the sounds of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Some very poor posts on here, how much attention have many of you paid to the forecasts before putting you're moaning heads on. Did you just hear the word snow and then switch off to the where, how much, how marginal for some areas, when it might arrive etc etc. Its funny we have had no snow here so far, but that is exactly what I expected because I paid attention to the BBC forecasts and paid attention to the graphics. It has always been apparent that daytime snowfall was most likely in Wales and that some areas mostly the higher ground will see snow tonight, if you live in the midlands at low levels it will remain marginal, some will see some but many wont. It would really help if attention was paid to what was actually shown and said, rather than what you hope will happen. Given the strength of the wind here at the moment, (you can really hear the gusts despite the double glazing) its likely that if we do see much snow later tonight it could drift quite substantially.

Hi W.E.,

Yeah a sensible post.Overeaction to the rain by some i think.

It was always likely that it would start as rain anyway.

As you suggest there`s several hrs. of this yet so patience people.

Posted

don't forget that most people on here last night said the News24 forecast for it to be marginal was incorrect

the reality is now panning out - to be marginal indeed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Temp 2.1c and dewpoint 0.6c. Temp has been falling very slowly from a high of 2.7c at 14:15. Dewpoint has been fluctuating all afternoon between 0.3c and 0.6c.

Wind has increased in the last couple of hours and is now moderate and from the east.

I think this has been a slow build up during the day and all the ingredients now falling into place. Expect the front to stall soon and those under ppn could do very well as the front will pep up from time to time. I expect mostly snow for our region later this evening.

Posted

Getting even closer to snow now. If this sticks around then eventually things may get interesting. BBC show further snow for much of the day tomorrow-perhaps.

Posted

0.3c drop in temperature in the last 3 minutes this is surely a good sign :clap:!

I have to go to hinckley for a couple of hours , If it snows in Leicester and misses Hinckley i'll Screeeeeeeeeeem .

Posted

temps need to get to around 1.5c that will then put dewpoints below freezing, which should make the difference between rain/sleet and snow. :)

I have to go to hinckley for a couple of hours , If it snows in Leicester and misses Hinckley i'll Screeeeeeeeeeem .

It best not do! doubt it would tho.