Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Moderate to heavy blowing snow now settling on all surfaces! drunk.gif

Looking at the radar we could be in for a few hours of this. whistling.gif

Can you send it due north when youv`e finished with it please?ph34r.gif

Flakes here in Melton but nothing to smile aboutunknw.gif

Posted

Snowing here nicely. Did turn a touch sleety for a moment there which had me worried but was back to snow again shortly after. The big story right now is the rapidly intensifying ppn just to our south west.

what? u mean that band right down in the south west corner/down in cornwall? there

aint nothing nearer that is gonna give ya snow is there?cc_confused.gif

Posted

Has been snowing here for a good 2 hours, maybe more but it just isn't sticking :yahoo: There's a light sprinkling on some of the grass but that's all :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

Nope, it's still raining in Leicester, has been since about 6.30pm and no sign of any snow at all. I was really hoping we'd get a good thick layer of snow today as we only had a sugerdusting last week but it's not looking hopeful.

Love the Priestly verse, that's what we are all waiting for : enchantment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Moderate to heavy blowing snow now settling on all surfaces! drunk.gif

Looking at the radar we could be in for a few hours of this. whistling.gif

We had heavy rain down near Bicester with a bit of thunder looks like you will get heavy snow next 30 mins ??

Posted

So, Midlanders! I am driving up to Nottingham tomorrow and have a slight query: What are the road conditions like? I'm a bit concerned about potential snow as soon as I get into the north (that'll be the junction for Chievley and the M4 in Berkshire). So, how's the A34 (to Oxford), M40, A46 (Coventry Ring Road), M69, M1 and A52 (into Nottingham) looking? Any clues? Unfortunately for me, things are looking like they'll only get worse... :yahoo:

And a weather report from the South Coast - it's been raining today, but it's stopped now. :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

So, Midlanders! I am driving up to Nottingham tomorrow and have a slight query: What are the road conditions like? I'm a bit concerned about potential snow as soon as I get into the north (that'll be the junction for Chievley and the M4 in Berkshire). So, how's the A34 (to Oxford), M40, A46 (Coventry Ring Road), M69, M1 and A52 (into Nottingham) looking? Any clues? Unfortunately for me, things are looking like they'll only get worse... :yahoo:

And a weather report from the South Coast - it's been raining today, but it's stopped now. :clap:

Shouldn't be too bad mate. Even the areas which have seen snow settling (like mine :) ) it is wet snow, so on the major roads they should be clear.

Snow is once again getting heavier here, this really is incredible.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nope, it's still raining in Leicester, has been since about 6.30pm and no sign of any snow at all. I was really hoping we'd get a good thick layer of snow today as we only had a sugerdusting last week but it's not looking hopeful.

Oh dear, thanks...well we have had some but not settled...bit of a flop looks like now for sure!

Posted

Looking out of my window, at the moment its wet, so if your in the Nottingham/Derby area you should keep a look out for puddles on the road.

theres been lots of talk about this mysterious snow stuff over the last few weeks, im still sceptical does it exist, or is it all one big conspiracy theory invented by the media?

Posted

Well BS, lets say its still rain here, so would imagine the A52 should be alright.

But...tomorrow is another day.

Shouldn't be too bad mate. Even the areas which have seen snow settling (like mine :yahoo: ) it is wet snow, so on the major roads they should be clear.

Snow is once again getting heavier here, this really is incredible.

Cheers guys! One of the reasons (among many, including seeing some snow) for going up to Nottingham early was to escape any potential severe conditions in the future. I'd have thought it'd be OK being all main roads and that, but you never know.

If there is any snow, I reckon my little Peugeot 106 can handle it? Question is, can I?

Thanks again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Heavy snow in Moulton and blowing in strengthing wind, settling on all surfaces, large flakes. Temp 0.4c and dewpoint -1.0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Cheers guys! One of the reasons (among many, including seeing some snow) for going up to Nottingham early was to escape any potential severe conditions in the future. I'd have thought it'd be OK being all main roads and that, but you never know.

If there is any snow, I reckon my little Peugeot 106 can handle it? Question is, can I?

Thanks again!

Yeah you should be fine, just stick to the major roads :yahoo:

Posted

sorry northants snow! im still a bit naff at radar watching, especially when i have had a few beers lol!

you are gonna get a real dumping!

snowing heavier here now and starting to settle!drinks.gif

well....well...well... may be i could end up gettng a little settled snow outside, 2 cm's would be great! snow is getting heavier as i type but i am confused because i thought my area wasn't getting any more tonight when it stopped abot 45 mins ago cc_confused.gif

Posted

Heavy snow in Moulton and blowing in strengthing wind, settling on all surfaces, large flakes. Temp 0.4c and dewpoint -1.0c

Temps are lower than forecast which is encouraging for tomorrow! Amazed at how quickly tonight this has developed from a near miss into a very wintry scene indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

What a flop!!!

no snow in stoke why we are far north