Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Thank You To John Holmes

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Hi John,

You have worked hard on this site and gained a lot of respect. A real stalwart. Look forward to your new inputs. Enjoy your annual pilrimage to Wengen !!

C

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Thanks John for your non-bias views and informaive posts/forecasts, hope Nick will be of similar calibre....

You'll now be able to focus more energy into asking 'newbies' to display their locations..!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Thanks John, i hope you will continue to post on here as i have always valued your imput.

Posted

We had a very mild fairly windy and wet spell-several days. I went to bed with a moist wet very mild sw flow and woke up next morning to a white world. It had happened according to my father-out dog walking around 11pm- almost instantly.

This is a quote taken from the model thread and what is great about this forum.

Mr Holmes always has a way of putting things that everyone can understand and i hope he keeps sharing his knowledge with us here on the forum.

Good luck with you new ventures John

and thank you for the last 4 years i have been here learning from you

Stoxs

Posted

I'll always remember John for his appearance on The Antiques Roadshow, although I was disappointed he was only valued at £200 because of a bit of damage here and there.

Thank you John.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Just noticed this. Thank you John for all your hard work on this site, it has been greatly appreciated. You have always provided a calm oasis when pandemonium reigns!

Please keep posting, but do enjoy any extra time that this frees up.

Good luck to Nick.

Ed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

You've put in a sterling amount of work over the years John and have always been the voice of reason.

Your 'style' on the board always reminds me of the excellent BBC forecasters of the 80s and before, the mark of the professional eh?.

You'll be missed on the forecasting side of things but good luck to Nick who's stepped up to fill big shoes.

Posted

John,

I've enjoyed your forecasts, your direct concise style and, most of all, your ability to explain an extremely complex subject in an ordered fashion, informative, but never condescending, knowledgeable yet modest.

More power to your elbow,

Thanks again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Thank you John

Good luck

Samrolleyes.gif

I'd better get a hankeecray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

I'm pleased to add my thanks to you JH

BL :p

Edited by Beverley Lass

Posted

I also want to say thanks to Jhon.

his love for the weather speaks voloumes in the posts he makes. Its going to be a very big lost to netweather.

I feel very lucky to have been part of a site which had someone like jhon putting his thoughts and inputs across.

Posted

Many thanks for your contributions John. You have the patience of a Saint and the ability to bite your lip and help people rather than be-little people with your knowledge.

I hope you will still be around to contribute

Forever a true gent :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just noticed this thread.

Very many thanks John for your contributions to NW. Your posts, especially on the Model Discussion threads, always seem like an oasis of calm in a desert of hysteria!

On a personal note, many thanks for the kind words and encouragement you've given me for some of my posts John, over the last few years, its much appreciated.

Glad to hear you'll still be around the forums. :bomb:

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Thanks for everything you've done John!

Posted

many thanks john, you've always kept a neutral position in the forums, and kept a reality check on what people have said over the years. you've also put me in my place from time to time! but most of all, your LRFs have taught me a lot about the weather. all the best with your future plans! :nonono:

Posted

From jh

A big thank you to all those who posted such nice comments into this thread and also into the admin/mod thread. A special thank you to those who went to the trouble of sending pm's to me.

I am very flattered by so many nice comments but rather relieved that one or two of you whilst saying a thank you reminded me of my faults!

No promises I'll change-far too old for that. There are not many on here that have seen 70 winters BEFORE this one started. I will try though not to break any Net Wx rules or to be too unkind to anyone.

My pet hobby horses must be-sticking up for UK Met IF I feel they are being unfairly commented on. Asking for all to put their town in their avatar. Having little patience with some of what I see as daft posts-one liners or throwing toys out of prams when the models don't show what a poster wants, and making unkind remarks about others. Oh and using abbreviations or acronyms without an explanation or link that explains them.

Enough from this silly old fool but thank you again. I'll be around with my lrf's, (talking of which-must call in and see what may be in store from mid January); an occasional 'following this or that' weather pattern, and posts into other threads. Who knows I may come back in some other less stressful guise than senior forecaster.

Enjoy the site and the wonderful British weather.

Regards

John

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Enough from this silly old fool but thank you again. I'll be around with my lrf's, (talking of which-must call in and see what may be in store from mid January); an occasional 'following this or that' weather pattern, and posts into other threads. Who knows I may come back in some other less stressful guise than senior forecaster.

Enjoy the site and the wonderful British weather.

Regards

John

I hope it's not going to be that stressful!!

Going to be hard to follow John's quality of forecasts, especially given his years of professional experience in meteorology, but I have certainly learned a lot from John's style of forecasting and all the tips I have picked up from him will prove very useful in the future forecasting on Netweather.

Look forward to John's continuing input in the forum.

Posted

Big shoes to fill Nick, but I think you're the man to do it! :cold:

I have already said this elsewhere, but a big thank you must go to join for the huge contribution made to Net Weather over the past few years.

Also delighted to hear John will be continuing to give informative and well reasoned thoughts into the future.

Posted

I'd like to echo all the above and say a big thank you to John for all his marvelous input over the years - you are a legend mate. John has helped make Netweather the popular place it is today.

I'm very pleased, though, that John has decided to continue to share his thoughts with us.

Also, I'd like to wish Nick F all the best for the future. Nick is a very knowledgeable member of the team, and it's always been a pleasure to work with

him

Brian