Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Loch Leven, Kinrosshire

Posted

There hasn't been a 'Bonspiel' grand curling match on Loch Leven since 1959. Could 2010 be a year for another historic event? It probably needs another week of good sub zero temperatures to be safe.

The ice apeared to be about 3" thick and felt very solid (please be extremely careful on frozen ponds and lakes, they can be, and are, lethal)

7813.jpg

7817.jpg

7821.jpg

7837.jpg

7887.jpg

7904.jpg

7921.jpg

7925.jpg

7945.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Great pics, Frog...Wasn't '63 cold enough??? Whatever, I hope you get it this time. :(:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Great shots. When Scotland hits the cold jackpot, no where nicer. Enjoy, much better than those damp SWly pumping low cloud and mild weather into the Highlands. Please send some of that snowfall over to Austria !!! running short here at the moment after the "fohn Christmas "

C

Posted

Looks awesome. I'm going upto Glenelg (nowhere near there I know) for a wee holiday on the 16th, hope the weather holds for me, I've got a day or two's skiing planned!

Posted

Great pics, Frog...Wasn't '63 cold enough??? Whatever, I hope you get it this time. :(:)

I think there was a Bonspiel in '63 but it was played on the Lake of Montieth. Also held there in '79

Great shots. When Scotland hits the cold jackpot, no where nicer. Enjoy, much better than those damp SWly pumping low cloud and mild weather into the Highlands. Please send some of that snowfall over to Austria !!! running short here at the moment after the "fohn Christmas "

C

Yep, we've done well this year. Away from the coast there's 6" - 8" of snow. Probably best descibed as 1" of powder on a firm to icy base. Probably a lot more up in the Highlands but we just went for a wee run since the back roads are pretty gruesome where they've not been treated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Beautiful photos, love the photos of the mountains.

Edited by SteveB