Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hi mate, Happy New Year

Have you seen those showers, which are to the North of us, on the radar? :aggressive:

I sure have mate.It could get interesting later :good:

Edit. happy new year to you too mate.

Edited by sufc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Very light snowfall here for the last

10 mins.

BL :aggressive:

Posted

i just noticed its moving nicely now! happy new year mate!

Thanks mate, same to you too

They're rather impressive aren't they? :aggressive:

Just taken a couple of pics of the current conditions outside my house, which I'll post in a few moments :good:

Edited by grab my graupel
Dreadful spelling

Posted

that big shower still seems to be moving NE-SW but moving south at same time if that makes sense? could be intereting when it hits the humber!

Posted

We had a really beefy snow shower that lasted over an hour at about 11.30 which gave us a good 2cm's In Osgodby, Scarborough. Would have been more I'm sure but temp was 1.6C when the shower hit. By the time it had cleared the temp had dropped to -0.4 which encouraged the laying!

Radar looking good for the next couple of hours and the sky is darkening as I type.

Temp 0.2C.

Can anyone advise why my new weather station is recording a dew point of -175.2C?? Iv'e checked the instructions and can't find any answers! It was working last night and all other data appears to be correct! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Light snow here from 13:23 until 13:50, left a sugar coating that is NOT melting biggrin.gif

Temp now 0.2°C and a DP of -2.1°C. I should put this in the snow report folder I guess. Anyway nice to see and the temp is now staying low. cold.gif

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

We had a really beefy snow shower that lasted over an hour at about 11.30 which gave us a good 2cm's In Osgodby, Scarborough. Would have been more I'm sure but temp was 1.6C when the shower hit. By the time it had cleared the temp had dropped to -0.4 which encouraged the laying!

Radar looking good for the next couple of hours and the sky is darkening as I type.

Temp 0.2C.

Can anyone advise why my new weather station is recording a dew point of -175.2C?? Iv'e checked the instructions and can't find any answers! It was working last night and all other data appears to be correct! :yahoo:

Have you tried switching it off and on again ????

Posted

Just got up, finally went to bed at 5:30AMdrinks.gif

The little dusting of snow I had has now melted, apart from the ice which looks weird with bright white snow on it.

Got down to -2.6c last night, currently 0.3c.

Posted

Temp now at 2c with a dew of -0.1, temps are going to plumit tonight, i got down to -1.2 last night which was surprising giving the flow.

Lewis

Is there any snow left where the sun didn't get too mate? Still some left here, which should easily last as the temp will fall away fast soon.

Posted

Is there any snow left where the sun didn't get too mate? Still some left here, which should easily last as the temp will fall away fast soon.

In bits yep, especially on roads. although paths in parts are completely thawed.

Lewis

Posted

looking better this shower! what does everyone think? :yahoo:

Somewhere is getting a pasting from that, but it's doubtful that it will reach us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Temp 0.2C.

Can anyone advise why my new weather station is recording a dew point of -175.2C?? Iv'e checked the instructions and can't find any answers! It was working last night and all other data appears to be correct! :yahoo:

Keep it away from Uranus??? I couldn't help it! :D:D:D:D :wub: :hi::D

Posted

Somewhere is getting a pasting from that, but it's doubtful that it will reach us.

yeah its looking more likely the case now

Posted

Yeah doubtful it will reach here.

I think Saturday night Is looking a bit marginal at the coasts, hopefully I'm wrong but I think it will be a wintry mixture with snow on the back edge, when the -10 floods in behind the front. Probably on the right side of marginal inland.

Posted

Yeah doubtful it will reach here.

I think Saturday night Is looking a bit marginal at the coasts, hopefully I'm wrong but I think it will be a wintry mixture with snow on the back edge, when the -10 floods in behind the front. Probably on the right side of marginal inland.

The GFS 6Z intensified the PPN for tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see what the GFS 12Z does when it starts to come out in around 30 mins.

Great pics Brian :)

Posted

I think people who live on the coast will see rain from this shower moving down as there are reports of rain in Stockton-on-Tees.

Posted

I think people who live on the coast will see rain from this shower moving down as there are reports of rain in Stockton-on-Tees.

Been snow all the time here when we have had showers?

Posted

Snow has just arrived here :)

As promised, a couple of pictures from earlier:

post-5487-12623572798313_thumb.jpg

post-5487-12623573632913_thumb.jpg

very nice photos! looks good :)

Posted

Been snow all the time here when we have had showers?

Have you had showers recently though?