Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 21

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Cloud has moved in here.

We have had dusting in North Oxfordshire, i missed it !

Anyone else not really excited for the inevitable snow? We've already had a good week of snow with top-ups and we've only had about 4 days of slightly less cold, now it's back to the biting cold again.

My neighbour's snowman hasn't fully melted and by the looks of things it's going to get rebuilt over the next few days. smile.gif

yes for those who havent had any snow on the ground for over a week I guess or even longer here

Dont forget current snow cover down south is very local event

Posted

Wow! Just had an unexpected cm of snow in Barnet. It is the most powdery stuff I have ever seen. The slightest gust and it drifts and swirls into the air.

Posted

hi there this is my first post so happy new year and nice to meet u all ......

currently here in clacton the temp is 0.1

dew point is -1.4

partly cloudy

at around 6pm it was -2 with a very harsh frost but warming up (if i can call it that lol) a little

i would tell u wind speed and direction but at the moment its frozen lol hope we get a good covering of snow we normaly miss out being right on the coasts doorstep were it is normaly a degree or so warmer :diablo:

Posted

Wow! Just had an unexpected cm of snow in Barnet. It is the most powdery stuff I have ever seen. The slightest gust and it drifts and swirls into the air.

Ha! Well done mate!:)

Send it back up north again here please?:diablo: It seems the snow has started to avoid me already!

Posted

Send it back up north again here please?:diablo: It seems the snow has started to avoid me already!

We have had our share of snow here but im now very confident of plenty more to come by next Wednesday.

Posted

Ha! Well done mate!biggrin.gif

Send it back up north again here please?laugh.gif It seems the snow has started to avoid me already!

Yeah it's very here and there just none of the here lol oh well....one thing is for sure, it's bracing out! cold.gifph34r.gif

Posted

very localised saint - we have a dusting in napsbury

Send here please:D:lol: Your really not very far away so I may get some.......:)

Just thought I'd check before off to bed. Slight dusting here in Hemel...

Night all.

Bugger! :diablo:

So close yet so far.....:)

We have had our share of snow here but im now very confident of plenty more to come by next Wednesday.

Lets hope so.....

Posted

Some ppl in the north east discussion thread are saying the ppn currently over the NE is marginal, with some slightly milder uppers.

Yeah there is some slightly milder air which is going to play a role, however by the time it gets down here tomorrow night as the trough digs down from Scotland/N.England over the course of the day I'd iamgine tmeps at night should tip things in the favour of snow.

However to be honest the trough situation is one that will need to be nowcasted more then likely.

Posted

Your time will come Saint. And I'll probably be on here begging you to send it this way just like usual. :)

Posted

Your time will come Saint. And I'll probably be on here begging you to send it this way just like usual. :diablo:

:) :)

It does seem like you guys from Barnet do ask us more often then not!

Posted

hi there this is my first post so happy new year and nice to meet u all ......

currently here in clacton the temp is 0.1

dew point is -1.4

partly cloudy

at around 6pm it was -2 with a very harsh frost but warming up (if i can call it that lol) a little

i would tell u wind speed and direction but at the moment its frozen lol hope we get a good covering of snow we normaly miss out being right on the coasts doorstep were it is normaly a degree or so warmer whistling.gif

Welcome fellow Clactonian, That makes about 4-5 of us from Clacton on here now

Hopefully will get some snow as we did before Christmas ,around here its a bonus if it lays, let alone lays for a couple of days. but heres hopingdrinks.gif

Donna -m

Posted

looking at http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ you can see the ppcn increasing as its moving se, heading for the home counties

Funny we have very light snow now not being picked up by the above

I assume its just passing cloud cover, its settles everywhere, just a light dusting

Posted

Funny radar suggest snow crossed central london, maybe as unexpected, everyone went to bed , out Hampshire way shows more organised stuff but no posting ?

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Just got a surprise dusting here, icing sugar covering, but a bonus in the moonlight.

Beautiful out there!

Funny radar suggest snow crossed central london, maybe as unexpected, everyone went to bed , out Hampshire way shows more organised stuff but no posting ?

Just saw your post, and yes, Hants does seem to be getting something more than we/I got in London right now.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Covering of 2mm or so here. Early hours of Sunday morning in London/Home Counties will be epic, UKMO Meso and GFS in agreement for reasonable snowfall, good 850mb temps and dp's.

Posted

Hainult and Chigwell I would expect have seen some snow over past 15 minutes. It is moving South East of these locations.