Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 21

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Snowing here now and settling!

smile.gif

Well up here we had no snow left for several days and now with this light dusting 0.5cm (totally unexpected) all the better

A small band of snow about 10 miles north of here, see what that comes to then of to bed

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Covering of 2mm or so here. Early hours of Sunday morning in London/Home Counties will be epic, UKMO Meso and GFS in agreement for reasonable snowfall, good 850mb temps and dp's.

Does that cover here, East Berkshire? Epic is a strong word to use when describing snowfall sown here.....will it be that decent?

Posted

Pah! Typical! :cray: Snow down the road on the other side of St. Albans, snow the opposite side in Hemel and nothing here! :lol: Stuck in the middle......

Nothing here in the East of Kent either, don't fret though we will get some eventually!

Posted

Nothing here in the East of Kent either, don't fret though we will get some eventually!

But it's worse here as it was sooooooooo close!:lol: But oh well, hope to see some next week, or even this weekend.:cray: :lol:

Posted

No snow here, the little band that gave some a slight dusting has decayed right over my head...still the frost looks very strong at the moment here and so I'd imagine tomorrow will be white for a good chunk of the day at least in the shade...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Just looked out the window to see a light dusting! I missed the snow actually falling, so it cant have snowed for long. Pavements, edge of the road, cars, grass and roofs all covered with a sugary dusting.

Posted

Pah! Typical! :( Snow down the road on the other side of St. Albans, snow the opposite side in Hemel and nothing here! :lol: Stuck in the middle......

Same here :( Five minutes down the road in Berkhamstead and Hemel but nothing up here in Chesham...

Posted

Kids came in 10 mins ago. Yes it's snowed here for a brief time, I could hear it down the Chimney.

Another skating rink around the end of my Close, such fun, you can do donuts without even trying! [in a Car i mean, lol] :(

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

snowing a bit here still, things starting to look white almost

And where would 'here' be, my friend? If you can figure out how to do it, it's helpful if you pop your locality on to your avatar.

Thanks, Ossie

Posted

Latest forecast from the Met Office for East Anglia is a dream:

Today:

Starting with areas of low cloud, but later this morning sunny spells will develop. A few sleet or snow showers this morning, mainly across Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire. This afternoon the showers will become more widespread across the region. Maximum temperature 3 °C.

Tonight:

Snow showers, sometimes heavy and producing 2-5 cm of snow, will start to clear away southwards late tonight. Clearer conditions will follow, with only coastal areas escaping a sharp frost. Minimum temperature -4 °C.

Sunday:

Snow showers across Essex at first will gradually clear away through the morning, with sunny periods and isolated light snow showers following. Very cold, with temperatures struggling above freezing. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

The very cold weather will continue, with a few light snow showers on Monday, but prolonged periods of sometimes heavy snow are likely during Tuesday and Wednesday.

Updated: 0250 on Sat 2 Jan 2010

http://www.metoffice.com/weather/uk/ee/ee_forecast_weather.html

It's also a cracking forecast for southeast England: http://www.metoffice.com/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_weather.html

Posted

Thats an awesome forecast for us Paul! Can't wait for Tuesday! haha! We've got a light dusting here, totally unexpected! :clap:

Guest archiesmummy

good morning guys, we had a light dusting of snow here last night, temp currenty showing 1.5 and dew point is 0.0

can i hope for more snow today??????

hope so!!!!!!!!rolleyes.gif

Posted

Morning Folks from SW France

The colder weather arrived here yesterday, big drop in temps from 16 down to 4 degrees, a frost last night too. I'm really looking forward to getting back to Se England tomorrow, looks like it is gonig to be an interesting week next week.

Happy New Year to one and all

Cheers

FC

Posted

Temperatures rose overnight from -3.6c at 2100 to + 0.7c at 0700. Ice on my car at Heathrow melted but on the drive home from work there was a dusting of snow in the NW London suburbs. Ie: Northolt, Ruislip, Eastcote, Northwood.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

a smattering of snow here this morning. temp -0.8c dp -1.9c a cold day for me working outside cold.gif

Posted

Woke up to a surprised dusting of snow. Looks quite nice, but the road is very dangerous with ice.

There appears to be a streamer in the NW heading in the direction of London http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=holiday&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

Posted

Lovely drop of thick, white ice on cars and roof tops this morning - certainly gives the appearance of Winter outside. As a few here have said, next week will be very interesting and may just extend the Christmas break (or at least give us a couple of extra days during the week!).

Engage ramp factor 4!!!! :D