Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion - Part 15

Ross B

Posted

Very exciting times ahead, and we finally got a major snowfall in bedworth of 0.0026cm, which has blocked ant holes and cause major disruption to a small moth that was almost knocked out by a snowflake :lol:

seriously, models are exceptionally good again tonight and the snow fun may start as early as tomorrow afternoon in the midlands, with a trough coming down from the north and upgraded precipitaition. :drinks:

Posted

Can someone answer me this I allways get confused, does didcot fall under midlands or south?

I'd go South , it is between London and Bristol , central southern I'd say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs273.gif

The 18z has upgraded the intensity of tommorow evenings snow? a little bit more.

Still fairly overcast here so hopefully another little snow shower is on the way.

According to this site Bicester has 90% chnace of snow next 6hrs lol

Posted

There was about 1-2 inches according to my friend who went up yesterday but the majority of that seems to of melted now.

Still got a few floating flakes here, in fact it looks pretty overcast currently.

Thanks for that thats interesting,and rather intruiging why there was so much less there to here.

We`re lower here by 100metres than the Wrekin high point.

Just partly cloudy here at around -1.6c

looks a rather diferent looking chart for tomorrow so a chance of something for the midlands.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/brack0.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

According to this site Bicester has 90% chnace of snow next 6hrs lol

I have just open the window always helps and it has snowed here !!!! Covered everywhere

That wasnt forcast !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Covering of snow in Harpole, Northants

Posted

Did anyone see the last BBC forecat at 11pm. The forecaster said that it will stay cold for "at least the next couple of weeks"... :drunk: ... hopefully that means lots more snow for me and the rest of the midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Very exciting times ahead, and we finally got a major snowfall in bedworth of 0.0026cm, which has blocked ant holes and cause major disruption to a small moth that was almost knocked out by a snowflake laugh.gif

seriously, models are exceptionally good again tonight and the snow fun may start as early as tomorrow afternoon in the midlands, with a trough coming down from the north and upgraded precipitaition. yahoo.gif

Man, those poor insects. I think those snowflakes should watch where they are falling.

And to think things are only going to get more intense for tommorrow and some of next week, they really don't stand much of a chance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Admitted after my slightly down beat message earlier, things are looking up a bit this evening. Hoping for a covering tommorow night, perhaps a cheshire streamer forming at some point tommorow afternoon also.

Posted

Admitted after my slightly down beat message earlier, things are looking up a bit this evening. Hoping for a covering tommorow night, perhaps a cheshire streamer forming at some point tommorow afternoon also.

heres to some, hopefully, proper wintry weather that we have been waiting for! :diablo:

Edited by azores92

Posted

Covering of snow in Harpole, Northants

lmaof, the NN2 snow shield must be in full force i'm 2 miles from harpole and we've not seen a single snowflake all night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

heres to some, hopefully, proper wintry weather that we have been waiting for! drunk.gif

Hopefully mate, i think were certainly owed.

Posted

Looks like the light flurry activity is done for the night now.

Was expecting nothing and left with a very light dusting. So we're a tiny bit ahead before we start! Skies were trying to clear a little while ago so should get a good frost and should have quite a wintry scene in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Just to add a touch of realism regarding tomorrow's snowfall, I think by the time it reaches the central Midlands it would have weakened considerably. This is why I think that for here, a dusting or slight covering may be the best that will come from the trough pushing south tomorrow evening. The precip may even be of sleet or rain for a short time on the leading edge towards the west, but should mostly fall as snow.

The real cold spell starts around Tuesday, and it is also from here that the significant snow potential increases for a good part of the country, not just the know favoured regions such as the east and north east.

what about the potential for chesire gap streamer i keep here people bringing up?

Posted

Wednesday is our best hope for Midlands.

This was posted in SW section earlier.

wedsnow.jpg

Posted

Yeah, quite a few members mentioning the potential for showers to feed in off the 'Cheshire gap'. Not sure why. There is a temporary slack veering of the wind during tomorrow but this won't be bringing in showers from the north west. On a strong north to north westerly airflow, showers or prolonged bands of snow from embedded troughs can be blown way inland via the Cheshire gap. This is not the case for tomorrow.

The main focus for tomorrow is the trough pushing south across the country. It'll bring considerable snowfall across northern parts of England (perhaps 1-2" falls), particuarly the north east and maybe parts of the north Midlands. But as it progresses even further south across the central Midlands and towards the south east it is expected to weaken, so I'm actually expecting nothing more than a slight covering at best.

Edit: tomorrow should read today. :(

not really what i wanted to here but can always hope haha.... we i reacon a couple of cms sat tonight and potential for troughs and lows to develope at short notice during the next week so will certainly be intresting!

Posted

the cheshire gap is working already, only problem is the showers will possibly just skim the north midlands as the wind direction is North Westerly rather than NNW.

Posted

looks like a direct hit for stoke from those showers, on my doorstep now, let's see what this brings whistling.gif

Posted

I'm also watching this shower and hoping can reach me in cannock :-D

sees like you have a better chance... showers running south of stoke meaning the winds more north westerly than westerly.

Edited by ISAAC

Posted

I can't reply directly to your post cause I'm on my iphone! But yeah seems so! Maybe those in the Irish sea up towards the north west will come down and cone through the chesire gap abit later! It will be intresting to watch the radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yay, snow shower left dusting, cheshire gap looks active right now, although most of that went to my west, shrewsbury guys will be on soon with inches!

Posted

yay, snow shower left dusting, cheshire gap looks active right now, although most of that went to my west, shrewsbury guys will be on soon with inches!

Yep If the Cheshire Gap keeps it up like this , looks like the Midlands could see a covering of Snow before the main band even get's here . A day of radar watching I think.