Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion - Part 15

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yay, snow shower left dusting, cheshire gap looks active right now, although most of that went to my west, shrewsbury guys will be on soon with inches!

Morning....just woke up and logged on......quite a heavy snow shower here in Penkridge, still snowing although I can see blue sky to the NW...Its left a nice covering...Its just a shame I've got to drive down to Devon in about an hour...I really hope the local roads have been gritted, its very slippery!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

here's radar grab for staffs showing the shower nicely....Anyone under it will definitely get a covering

post-4149-12624212523713.txt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

black to my NW, hope it dosent break up

few more flakes but blue to my NW

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted

ecm 00z looks terrific, feb 05 if that comes off, but better with it being early Jan, but GFS and ukmo not too good

ecm the best by miles, significant snow for all midlands if it comes off, but unlikely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just had a rogue shower here, left a nice dusting. My Dad who was golfing in Bloxwich said they had about an inch! Very isolated though.

Posted

Never sure which thread to put these posts in as we stand on the borders of the NW, Midlands and Pennines areas. Snowing very hard here, thunder as well, impossible to see the hills, plenty more to come by the look of it. I hate being critical of the MO but this shouldn't be here yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Never sure which thread to put these posts in as we stand on the borders of the NW, Midlands and Pennines areas. Snowing very hard here, thunder as well, impossible to see the hills, plenty more to come by the look of it. I hate being critical of the MO but this shouldn't be here yet.

do you think the snow will hit stoke?

Posted

OMG !! Snowing really heavy now, posted on Yorksshire thread aswell becauce i'm only 12 miles south of sheffield even though i'm in the east midlands, BUT this is the heaviest snow fall this year (ha ha) Looks like theres plenty more to come. sahould be hitting the Derby area quite soon. Looks like a small band of snow first before the heavy stuff catches up :yahoo::(:(:)

Posted

Hi WE.

Only just checked the METO radar, and that ppn coming out of Manchester, does appear to have intensified, and potentially looking like hitting Derbyshire more than Staffs. To be fair, you are completely at the other end of Derbyshire to me, but directionally, it looks good.

Good to hear as well that Staffs have got some more snow (so no moaning folks....thats at least two occasions you have had snow where South Derbyshire hasn't :yahoo:).

This is what a number of people have said though about this spell. It was, and still will be, progged as being a dry spell. However, features will appear in the shorter time frame that may benefit us.

Interesting night as well. Whilst we seemed to have had a partly cloud covered night, we still have a frost. Looking like the cold spell has now kicked in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just woke up and looked on the radar.. What the HECK is that over the Cheshire gap area!!!??? This wasn't forecast i'm sure of it. That band of PPN looks mad. If that carried on in its current path then derby, nottingham and leicester could see a good inch from that :yahoo:

Posted

Hi WE.

Only just checked the METO radar, and that ppn coming out of Manchester, does appear to have intensified, and potentially looking like hitting Derbyshire more than Staffs. To be fair, you are completely at the other end of Derbyshire to me, but directionally, it looks good.

Good to hear as well that Staffs have got some more snow (so no moaning folks....thats at least two occasions you have had snow where South Derbyshire hasn't tongue.gif).

This is what a number of people have said though about this spell. It was, and still will be, progged as being a dry spell. However, features will appear in the shorter time frame that may benefit us.

Interesting night as well. Whilst we seemed to have had a partly cloud covered night, we still have a frost. Looking like the cold spell has now kicked in.

dark cloud coming over stoke from the north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Just woke up and looked on the radar.. What the HECK is that over the Cheshire gap area!!!??? This wasn't forecast i'm sure of it. That band of PPN looks mad. If that carried on in its current path then derby, nottingham and leicester could see a good inch from that :blink:

OK don't rub it in! Snowless Warwickshire will watch it all head past us as per usual! :wallbash:

Posted

Just woke up and looked on the radar.. What the HECK is that over the Cheshire gap area!!!??? This wasn't forecast i'm sure of it. That band of PPN looks mad. If that carried on in its current path then derby, nottingham and leicester could see a good inch from that :wallbash:

Sorry Andy, haven't you seen the GFS this morning? There is a pool of +5c 850s right over Leicester...

Posted

You forgot the 540 Damn Line.

I can't really mock anyway, looks like they will miss me by literally a couple of miles!

Posted

Just something to add.

Any snowfall is going to struggle to thaw in the current conditions. Whilst some may say some light showers, these could quite easily accumulate over next week, and some decent depth could be experienced. Its cold, and a thaw is not going to be quick.

However, it could lead to some very dangerous (and deceptive - icy patches) driving conditions, so take care.

Edited by Shiny_Bottom_1

Posted

its snowing in stoke

Posted

Just something to add.

Any snowfall is going to struggle to thaw in the current conditions. Whilst some may say some light showers, these could quite easily accumulate over next week, and some decent depth could be experienced. Its cold, and a thaw is not going to be quick.

However, it could lead to some very dangerous (and deceptive - icy patches) driving conditions, so take care.

Yup, even the slightest of dustings like I have will persist for a while, especially when it gets an extra covering over the next week!

well itll be interesting to see how tuesday and wednesday pans out, according to the forecasts, its light snow on tuesday followed by heavy snow on weds.

You seen the Met Office forecasts/maps? Look very promising!

Posted

its snowing in stoke

hope it comes here, is a warning out for the eastern half of the W midlands, clouds do seem to be moving as though I may catch a few, certainly looks better than that horror 20th Dec