Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

hope we do mate because all mine has gone with the rain dismorning! still some snow around but like a dusting kind! off to the wolds on monday though :D

It's amazing the difference a few miles can make - it's never looked liked raining here.

I see what you mean about the movement of the band on the radar. You might be well placed mate :)

Posted

Just starting to get a few flakes of snow, but the good news is that the DP has dropped from 0 to -2. There does seem to be more of a southward movement of this band as well, so fingers crossed.

Hope your right because a while back I thought it was moving in an SE direction with the bulk going into Yorkshire. Having said that the latest radar image to me is beginning to suggest what you stated.

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted

Lewis is your weather station still in the same location as before? Those temperatures are very high indeed, it was 0.5C here at the time you made this post and nowhere in our area was above 1C!

A slight covering here this morning which has mostly disappeared in the sunshine now. The temperature is now falling after a maximum of 0.9C. Rather cold early on with a min of -2.9C too.

Currently 0.5C with a dewpoint of -1.2C so favourable temperature still, however Im a little concerned that the area to the North is thinning on its eastern edge. Hopefully it'll make it here.

Hi mate, i moved it now to the back of the garden protected from sunlight all day, its absolutely bitter out there, and im sure 2.8c here now is too high.

The station is now in like a solid bed with bricks around it, dug it into the soil (the pole) and its about 3/4 of a feet from the soil.

here's a pic:

post-2644-12624417313213_thumb.jpg

Lewis

Posted

Hi,

I have been sneaking around on this website for a long time and thought i would take the plunge and join you !!

I cannot read graphs or runs but i am fasinated with the weather lol

I am constantly curtain twitching atm waiting for the snow....but i have nothing!!

Do you thing we might get any this weekend ( Leeds)?

Thanks

Claire

Posted

Hi mate, i moved it now to the back of the garden protected from sunlight all day, its absolutely bitter out there, and im sure 2.8c here now is too high.

The station is now in like a solid bed with bricks around it, dug it into the soil (the pole) and its about 3/4 of a feet from the soil.

here's a pic:

post-2644-12624417313213_thumb.jpg

Lewis

There could well be an issue with it then perhaps. The fact theres snow in your picture suggests it didnt reach above 3C like it suggested earlier.

It may well be worth investing in an small old mercury thermometer to perform a calibration and see how far out it actually is.

The temperature has now dropped back to 0.2C with a dewpoint of -1.3C here, so a large difference.

Posted

It's amazing the difference a few miles can make - it's never looked liked raining here.

I see what you mean about the movement of the band on the radar. You might be well placed mate :unknw:

yep it could be such a big suprise if so! temps should keep low tomorrow? want the snow to hold now on ground

Posted

Hi,

I have been sneaking around on this website for a long time and thought i would take the plunge and join you !!

I am constantly curtain twitching atm waiting for the snow....but i have nothing!!

Thanks

Claire

Welcome to Netweather!

The Learning area is a great place to start if you want to learn charts and runs etc.

http://forum.netweather.tv/forum/24-learning-area/

There could well be some snow in Leeds in the next few hours. :unknw:

Posted

Hi,

Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire, Welcome to the forum :cray:

Keep your eye on this band of snow that's currently over me :unknw:

Posted

There could well be an issue with it then perhaps. The fact theres snow in your picture suggests it didnt reach above 3C like it suggested earlier.

It may well be worth investing in an small old mercury thermometer to perform a calibration and see how far out it actually is.

The temperature has now dropped back to 0.2C with a dewpoint of -1.3C here, so a large difference.

Thats what i thought, it's hardly shifted off the roads and paths either, even in direct sunlight where it has slightly thawed.

Put it this way, maplins are not going to be happy with me tomorrow :unknw:

Lewis

Posted

just cleaned the sensors and moved the station into the middle of the garden. Temp and dew point has rose, don't know if thats because of me, but im showing 3.1c with a dew of 0.8c now lol

lewis

Posted

just cleaned the sensors and moved the station into the middle of the garden. Temp and dew point has rose, don't know if thats because of me, but im showing 3.1c with a dew of 0.8c now lol

lewis

still 2c here

Posted

Has anyone in the Hull area got 2 weather stations so they can sell one, dont mind if its second hand.

Theres no way i can go and buy one around here accept onionsty maplins.

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

We had a brief moderate snow shower which quickly turned to rain and then stopped, followed by watching loads of precip sliding down west of us at the moment. I'm sure there's some impressive scenes up on the moors right now but we ain't getting anything noteworthy at all here :whistling:

Posted

I am in the Crossgates / selby road area where are you?

Good to see another Leeds member, there are quite alot on heresmile.gif .

Anyway I think our chances are good for snow.

Here are some useful websites-

http://www.wundergro...sp?ID=IWESTYOR8 -This is a accurate Leeds weather station, generally you want temperatures below 1.c for snow and the Dew Point below 0.c, the station is 86m above sea level, if you live high up you might want to lower the temp showing by 0-1.c

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ - The radar shows where the precipitation is.

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

I am in the Crossgates / selby road area where are you?

Ooh hi, I know you weren't asking me but I'm in Garforth! And I'm patiently looking North/Northeast....!

BB

Posted

We had a brief moderate snow shower which quickly turned to rain and then stopped, followed by watching loads of precip sliding down west of us at the moment. I'm sure there's some impressive scenes up on the moors right now but we ain't getting anything noteworthy at all here :(

Yep very dissapointing so far, nowhere near as good as the last cold spell so far. Temps just arent getting low

enough at moment.

Posted

Latest radar looking good smile.gif the band of sleet/snow is pushing down quite quickly and in the last hour or so seems to have intensified. hopefully it wont die/fragment till it atleast exits south yorkshire tease.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

Has anyone in the Hull area got 2 weather stations so they can sell one, dont mind if its second hand.

Theres no way i can go and buy one around here accept onionsty maplins.

Lewis

These weather stations are in Hull and are showing similar temperatures .

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IEASTYOR8

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IENGLAND149