Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Where are you? Certainly cold here, just been out to the shed to pile more rugs on our bunnies hutches!

agree with your post in model thread, all areas have snow risk, just 90% of ppl in there are from SE so its bound to be talked about more

the charts at the end of the week remind me 0f 1-2 feb 09, yes most snow for SE but showers make there way into Wales normally like Feb 05, as long as of course the high moves no further south, or we are dry

Posted

-6.3 at 7.15pm not as cold as Buxton but not bad at 160mtrs asl,Roads around here are going to lethal tommorrow drinks.gif

Aye buxton is a bloody cold place, snowed in summer of 77 i think?? stopped the cricket match between Derbyshire and Lancashire.rofl.gif

Edited by Lancs_Northants

Posted

Evening all!!!!

-2.8 here at the mo brrrrrr!!!!!! Have the back to work blues for tomorrow :drinks: But hoping to get snowed in on Weds then :lol: fingers crossed!!!!! lol!!!!!

Posted

Aye buxton is a bloody cold place, snowed in summer of 77 i think?? stopped the cricket match between Derbyshire and Lancashire.rofl.gif

2nd June 1975. An extraordinary event that one. Snow fell widely even in the south, affecting the capital for a time. Sleet as far south as Portsmouth. 4 inches of snow in parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Aw thanks guys - I might dare to post more often in there now! Its only taken me 5 years to start to offer an opinion...

Posted

Yup cetainly is currently -7.7 and i,m sure it will drop some more !!

regards,

Keviwal

live buxton weather

Posted

we should all post in there, often!! Its for ALL of the UK after all. Why dont the S/E crewe use there own regional thread?

Posted

2nd June 1975. An extraordinary event that one. Snow fell widely even in the south, affecting the capital for a time. Sleet as far south as Portsmouth. 4 inches of snow in parts.

I remember Clive Lloyd running off the pitch with his face looking totally astonishedlaugh.gif

Whats your thoughts Dan on this coming week? My kids have been giving me dirty looks after i promised them snow yesterday.rofl.gif

Also would like to say I've booked this week off, so the fella who is doing my run next week will have his hands fulllaugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

we should all post in there, often!! Its for ALL of the UK after all. Why dont the S/E crewe use there own regional thread?

they are on page 23 already, oh you have same join date as me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Countryfile forecast on now with Dan Corbett...

Posted

The updated CountryFile forecast was absolutely fantastic for Eastern counties of the Midlands from Tuesday onwards. :air_kiss:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

I've just watched country tracks on youtube with the lovely Tommy, I reckon that the snow might be more westerly in it's extent and that in the mids we could see a bit of a dumping.

Still, if the SE does experience snowmageddon they'll have no internet access and we won't have to read their ramping/bragging!!!