Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

'Ere, what happened to me snow??.....Left home at 9am for a 10 hour round trip to Devon, I get back, and someone's nicked it!...My monies on Andy, he's a thieving so-and-so and desperate for snow! :p

turned much milder through the day, I reached 3.8C, but did have heavy sleet and wet snow this afternoon, I have a feeling the trough is missing here tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Just been a shower here...it was rain. :p

Could be another shower soon as more heading this way from Stratford.

Dewpoint is 0.7°C temp 1.7°C

Marginal for snow, but the night is young and temps will fall further.

Still rain here. We've a temp of 1.6 and a dp of just short of 1 here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

There is no chance that trough will get here in its current state. :p

Posted

the met office still being very cautious with the bbc graphics tonight. there is the potential for some significant accumulations on tuesday/wednesday, and the graphics do not back this up at all! :p

Posted

Right, thats yet another snow chance gone away then...

..whats next?

Posted

Anybody been outside in the last hour?

Feels anything but COLD, not going into a rant but walking home from the Pub i was amazed just how mild it felt, no strong cold wind , just pleasant mild feel and it was drizzling.

I'm not even going to bother watching the radar tonight it just will not be worth it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

the met office still being very cautious with the bbc graphics tonight. there is the potential for some significant accumulations on tuesday/wednesday, and the graphics do not back this up at all! :p

well thankfully the bbc graphics are crap! nothing on tuesday as that front is weak, will just be a bank of cloud, wednesday the day now, being pushed back again, but fax charts look good

Posted

Anybody been outside in the last hour?

Feels anything but COLD, not going into a rant but walking home from the Pub i was amazed just how mild it felt, no strong cold wind , just pleasant mild feel and it was drizzling.

I walked to local shop a bit earlier and it was not exactly warm, but not freezing either, but there was a cool breeze.

Temperature is falling quite fast now though.

Now 1.5°C

Not giving up yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The BBC weather site graphics are useless, you may as well ask your cat.

Posted

Wow! Getting frustrated over BBC weather's graphics. :lol: BBC Weather is vague, they will be cautious right up until when the event is almost upon us. Take a look at the models and FAX charts and come to your own conclusion.

When we get nearer to the time, then keep up-to-date with the latest warning from the Met Office.

sorry i should know better, sure i was the one taking the michael out of the beeb graphics for being poor last week. last night they looked promising, but it seems they are playing it "safe" again. i think tuesday night into wednesday is the window for snow at the moment, with perhaps up to 10cm in places. with the cold air not going anywhere fast, and the prospect of more snow at the weekend, its all to play for. its incredible the northern blocking at the moment, and we are relying on the scandinavian high to give us our next shot of cold, before the beast from the east runs out of steam, and things warm up to our east. the ecm shows an interesting development deep in FI, with the atlantic making a push at the uk, and depending on where the jet stream takes it, would give a lot of snow on its northern flank. obviously though, at this stage it is all speculation. its a far cry from the familiar polar vortex and heights over europe :lol:

Edited by azores92

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The Fax charts look fantastci for Tuesday and Wednesday. We must reamin cautious for a bit longer as we have had so many let downs!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

..and if you don't have a cat? :lol:

Flip a coin, head means snow, tails means no snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

(Lol) I just flipped one of my SD cards over, and it landed with the sticker up which, to me, would mean heads and indicates that we will be getting snow in the next few days.

I hope it's right. smile.gif

Posted

Even in the Model output thread they can't decide if it's going to snow or not. Too much arguing!

I find it's always best just look out the window, as you don't need a supercomputer to see what's happening.

I don't think the Metoffice have a computer that looks out the window, maybe that's what they are doing wrong!

Anyone what?

Anyone got a cat?

Hope not, as I am allergic to them.

Posted

Even in the Model output thread

i'm giving that thread a massive NO for the time being. Too much ramping is going on in that thread.

lets not forget, one member said when he saw saturdays chart was saying OMG ..london cut off.rofl.gif OMG a streamer is on the cards oops.gif

Posted

Radar starting to look a bit more interesting. Might see some flurries creeping into Northants in the next hour or so providing they don't peter out.

gonna be rain- sleet at best....

1.7 in wellingborough

what are chances of seeing v cold temps and snow here next week- wot is lowest temp we could see... i think -6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Just flipped a coin....and heads it was!! yahoo.gif

But seriously, how accurate are coins these days? unknw.gif

Not alot. Flip a coin - lands the desired way up - wish not granted. :unknw:

Then again, with two people getting heads surely that will mean we'll get something quite wintry next week...

Posted

Radar starting to look a bit more interesting. Might see some flurries creeping into Northants in the next hour or so providing they don't peter out.

Yeh, that snow from Sheffield starting to show in north Midlands heading for Nottingham.

It's moving very slow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

The BBC weather site graphics are useless, you may as well ask your cat.

I`ve spoken to all six, ....and the resounding result is ....... DRUM ROLL ........

MEOWph34r.gif !