• Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

lol nice you gonna do that in your MR2

Sold it ages ago :drunk:

Posted

Don't think there will be a Thames Streamer due to direction/strength of the wind, but it does look like some ppn will make it's way into parts of Surrey/Sussex as Steve Murr has suggested.

Still snowing lightly here clap.gif

Hi sorry, I posted a fair while earlier on the SW thread regarding another matter; mentioned the SE snow potential today (Kent) and forgot to replicate it onto this regional thread..... the 06Z NAE 4km modelling was keen to establish a convergence zone and snow showers (possibly appreciable accumulations into the M20/M2 corridors) today. The NAE's take and UKMO's Chief Forecaster additions from this morning are attached. You'll note this seems to be coming into fruition on radar. The same 4km product performed extremely well in predicting the Feb snowfall focus in the southern Thames Valley / South London last year. Apols for not posting this earlier....

post-8233-12625271022513_thumb.jpg

Posted

Good afternoon every 1, real exciting week ahead, what suprises me is that the B.B.C. are now saying all bets are off from Wednesday onwards for the SE not to get Snow. Like I said they are gradually preparing us for 1 of the worst Snow/Cold periods lasting several days or more for many years in this part of the world.

I just hope that folk take the weather warnings issued in the next 48 hours seriously enough and no 1 is caught out in the deluge of Snow again, for Snow lovers and us on here it is going to be a incredible week.:drunk:

Posted

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7907/035fg.jpg

snowcover really building up here....

S

:lol: :lol: Love it steve!

I have the same depth so you are not alone! Hopefully in a few days we realy will have something to measure. Temp down from 1.7 to 1.2c here now with more clouds rolling in, still nothing falling from them though! :(

Matt. :lol:

Posted

Good afternoon every 1, real exciting week ahead, what suprises me is that the B.B.C. are now saying all bets are off from Wednesday onwards for the SE not to get Snow. Like I said they are gradually preparing us for 1 of the worst Snow/Cold periods lasting several days or more for many years in this part of the world.

I just hope that folk take the weather warnings issued in the next 48 hours seriously enough and no 1 is caught out in the deluge of Snow again, for Snow lovers and us on here it is going to be a incredible week.:lol:

post-10203-12625273137713_thumb.jpg

Before that Thursday..... and Wednesday.... And Tuesday

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Very interesting Ian, its those sorts of details that really help to give an insight into the world of weather forecasting. Certainly does seem to be coming off, I can actually see the convection to my SE whilst aboe my head its clear skies the whole way.

Very slack flow today so showers won't be getting to ofar inland unless they are riding the convergence line.

I'm most interested in the mid-week period, if nothing else its going to be bitterly cold till at least next Monday (possible ice days) even using the most progressive models out there...

Posted

Hi sorry, I posted a fair while earlier on the SW thread regarding another matter; mentioned the SE snow potential today (Kent) and forgot to replicate it onto this regional thread..... the 06Z NAE 4km modelling was keen to establish a convergence zone and snow showers (possibly appreciable accumulations into the M20/M2 corridors) today. The NAE's take and UKMO's Chief Forecaster additions from this morning are attached. You'll note this seems to be coming into fruition on radar. The same 4km product performed extremely well in predicting the Feb snowfall focus in the southern Thames Valley / South London last year. Apols for not posting this earlier....

Thanks Ian

Any chance you could rub out the line at the top and redraw it just a few miles to the north so that it covers SE Essex?

As earlier, I can see the snow clouds just skirting to my east and south, and from the radar it looks like that is going to continue.

Oh well, good luck to you all in North and East Kent. I am guessing you won't need Steve M's Kentimetre ruler as you may get enough for real snow depth measurements! :lol:

Posted

Somehow, I can see the next week or two being another let down for us snow deprived SW Londoners. So far this season, despite having some of the best synoptics in many years, i'd be pushed to say that we've had any more than around 1cm cumulative snowfall.

I think that all those who have been stating comparisons to 1963 etc should take a step back for a second. Whilst so far it has been very good for people on the far east coast and a select few further inland, I think it would be wise if some of you lowered your expectations a bit, because i'm sure there will be loads of people who will get disappointed. I don't think this will even come close to 1963, 87 or 91. In fact I think we would be lucky to even get a repeat of last February.

So what i'm saying is I think that other than a lucky few, it will be a pretty much dry and cold couple of weeks so don't raise your expectations too much!

Cheers Ian-- Thats what I was I hoping for last night ( appologies for the 'banter')-- just snippits of info that we dont always get to see-

The Net weather NMM model runs 8km & didnt quite have any convergence in the SE, although a little forecasting intuition would have had east & central kent with the prospect of some PPN-

tx

Steve

Posted

Many thanks for the chart Ian. This is on par with the light snow here. I see your colleagues are ramping up the potential snow from Tuesday onwards!! When Tomaz was seen in his jeans and t-shirt forecasting heavy snow this week, bet he got so excited and just had to present the weather no matter the clothing :lol: :lol: :lol: