Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Snowing hard here :):):)

Whiteout now

love it hehe! those are heading this way! if it keeps the intensity!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Still stuck with barely anything here. Had a shower come through which left a pellet type snow dusting on the side roads and pavements but it looks like the majority of the north sea showers coming in are north and south of us. This afternoons rain melted much of the 1 cm or so we got yesterday also, so it's a pretty miserable outcome at the moment. Let's hope these convective showers pep up and stop bypassing me, eh?

Posted

Snowing hard here :) :) :)

Whiteout now

Shut up you! The snow showers in the North Sea are only heading either north of us (i.e. Grimsby - I suppose they need some consolation as the football team can't buy a win - heading in the direction of Chesterfield) or south of us (i.e. Skegness, heading towards Leicester). Rubbish. :)

Posted

Latest BBC forecast for Sunday- "We could well see 6-12cm of snow across NE England before the day is out"

Posted

Shut up you! The snow showers in the North Sea are only heading either north of us (i.e. Grimsby - I suppose they need some consolation as the football team can't buy a win - heading in the direction of Chesterfield) or south of us (i.e. Skegness, heading towards Leicester). Rubbish. :)

It was funny when bury scored in the last minute to deny them a win :) It looks like thats it for the showers so im calling it a night :)

Posted

Off to bed, showers should be penetrating inland tomorrow when we get a bit of solar output in the morning, charts say no, but i think we may well be in for a surprise tomorrow (especially us folk in E Yorkshire and N Lincs).

Good night all,

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Good Morning everyone!!

Just been out to clear the car for the missus. by eck, it's cold! :rofl: couldn't open the car doors!

had to pour warm water around the seals to loosen them, which of course, promptly froze again :lol:

Despite all the ppn around yesterday, we only ended up with 3cm of snow. I'm in a valley, so moving up the hills, it does get thicker (the fields are completely covered further up)

Overnight temps are still dropping. the lowest temp was recorded just a few moments ago of -5.9ºc, the highest was midnight @ -0.4ºc. so it's a fairly constistant drop overnight.

if the sun comes out later, I'll go out and grab some photos

take care all!

Posted

Morning everyone, got a shower brewing near me now.

Temp got down to -4 here last night, it's currently -2.5 with a dew of -3.2, i think an ice day today! :D

Morning mate. The temp is around -6c here currently, and i think tonight it could be as low as -10c :D:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Morning everyone, got a shower brewing near me now.

Temp got down to -4 here last night, it's currently -2.5 with a dew of -3.2, i think an ice day today! smile.gif

Couple cms overnight.Temp -5.7 at present .Few clouds building to east.Hoping some showers enter over Scarborough soon and head inland.Good day for you Lewis me thinks.I think a few on this thread will be sending this help.gif out before the end of the week. Edit:there is something brewing off shore above Newcastle.

Edited by winterof79

Posted

I think there is a bit more shower activity than was predicted last night. An imminent shower due over pudsey on raintoday (I can see the cloud in the distance) which should give a nice dusting on top of the 1.5cm we have already,. There is also the hope of more snow later in the afternoon, with quite a rash of showers coming down from the northeast. Just hoping they don't die out as they come inland!

Edited by pjb120

Posted

just had a little wander around.

Like I said, we didn't have much. The snow that fell quickly yesterday morning turned into slush and melted just as quick, but last nights snow was a different story!

After the cold temps, I don't think it's going anywhere :girl_devil:

post-9352-12625099564813_thumb.jpg

post-9352-12625099602513_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

The radar is looking more interesting all of a sudden, with showers pushing inland good.gif

Yes I saw that! Just came on to see if craigers was around as the showers seem to be over donny. Hope they blow over here :girl_devil:

Posted

none here at the mo-perhaps a bit further north is where the radar is showing them anyway

Posted

Morning all..

Just been reading the model output discussion...got a headache now!!!

Those showers are defo moving inland aiming for Barnsley but still -3 and sunny at the moment.

Got a dusting last night and from what i can gather we in for a good week.

Posted

Last night's low here was -3.7ºc. The BBC are forecasting a low of -7 tonight :yahoo:

Posted

Stark temperature rise from -2.5c to +0.4c with a dew of -0.5c. A shower is about too hit, but why such a rise? Last cold spell when showers hit they didn't rise so much. Maybe because the showers are formng in the shallowest part of the N sea, and warmest?

Lewis

Posted

for all on this part of the site

1 look at the radar and put the 850mb wind flow on-that will give you the direction the early showers move in on-by afternoon if they get deep enough putting the 700mb wind flow on may be a better guide.

2 IF you understand skew-t diagrams then use Extra to type in your town and see if its unstable etc.

If some of you are not in to that then ask on here and I can do an overall quick guide for the snow showers.

BUT first I would expect you to go to the Guides area and try to understand them-not something you pick up in 10 minutes I'll warn you!

Posted

Just looked at the 850mb wind flow etc, appears from now up until 12 dinner time we get a NE wind, so showers will blow inland. Then from 12 onwards it veers northerly, before having a more North Westerly component later.

Lewis

Posted

the showers certainly do seem to be beefing up, may be they've been under-cooked on how much damage they're going to do?

Looking at the radar, I'm about to score a direct hit! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

the showers certainly do seem to be beefing up, may be they've been under-cooked on how much damage they're going to do?

Looking at the radar, I'm about to score a direct hit! blink.gif

Ooo good luck, send it ower to us after :yahoo: P.s let me know what the fall outs like