Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

the showers certainly do seem to be beefing up, may be they've been under-cooked on how much damage they're going to do?

Looking at the radar, I'm about to score a direct hit! :yahoo:

I can see the snow clouds over to my east, but it's doubtful they will reach me.Im looking forward to the coming days :cold:

Posted

I can see the snow clouds over to my east, but it's doubtful they will reach me.Im looking forward to the coming days :D

Them snow clouds are over me mate, other than the odd flake, nothing lol.

Lewis

Posted

morning all, must have had a few flakes overnight, currently -1 here according the the reading on the car. does not look like much snow is forecast for here over the next cpl of days and temps nothing i would call really cold. met office forecast for here next week have winds from the w sw or nw does this mean that the showers will not make it to far inland?

Posted

Not liking 06z, more in the way of warmer sections for East Yorkshire and N Lincs, Wednesday and thursday, it's always when the heavier precipitation is over us again. Dang LP systems, hate them!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Raintoday showing a rash of showers heading this way, clouds already building to the east and north. Not looking particularly heavy but they have developed fairly quickly.

Posted

Raintoday showing a rash of showers heading this way, clouds already building to the east and north. Not looking particularly heavy but they have developed fairly quickly.

I noticed that - I'm watching a shower passing through Harrogate, as that looks like it's heading in our direction :D

Posted

Not liking 06z, more in the way of warmer sections for East Yorkshire and N Lincs, Wednesday and thursday, it's always when the heavier precipitation is over us again. Dang LP systems, hate them!

I'll be happy with a few inches in the coming days mate.The temp is still around -5c here so hopefully an ice day.

Posted

Stark temperature rise from -2.5c to +0.4c with a dew of -0.5c. A shower is about too hit, but why such a rise? Last cold spell when showers hit they didn't rise so much. Maybe because the showers are formng in the shallowest part of the N sea, and warmest?

Lewis

Once again questionable equipment Lewis I'm registering -1.0 c on 3 sensors !

Posted

I'll be happy with a few inches in the coming days mate.The temp is still around -5c here so hopefully an ice day.

I think you'll just be ok with the warmer sectors, it's still to far out, things change and it most probably will, i don't like the way this GFS 06z is going, already again a slacker flow, something the ECM picked up on. A much drier run this one, for eastern areas (accept for tuesday/wednesday).

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

replied further on

Edited by Gumbo Briggs

Posted

the showers certainly do seem to be beefing up, may be they've been under-cooked on how much damage they're going to do?

Looking at the radar, I'm about to score a direct hit! :cold:

Hi Gumbo snowing in Royston, but sunny too...

Those showers def intensifying.

Posted

I noticed that - I'm watching a shower passing through Harrogate, as that looks like it's heading in our direction :cold:

Yes we having light snow at the mo.Had a few cm last night,wonder what this week will bring?

Posted

Once again questionable equipment Lewis I'm registering -1.0 c on 3 sensors !

2.1c here now with a dew of +1.0c, anything that falls will not be sleet/rain for me.

The equipment is right, I'm 100% sure. Was spot on with the minimum of -4 overnight. The sensors are not in direct sunlight, so nothing other then increasing cloud cover off the N Sea could cause such a rise, which it is i think.

Lewis

Posted

yeah, it's strange - they seem to be hitting the M1 and disappearing

Temp here is -5.1º with DP of -5.91º

The sun is out, but there is some very high cloud coming over Silkstone/ Hoylandswaine area

Posted

Stark temperature rise from -2.5c to +0.4c with a dew of -0.5c. A shower is about too hit, but why such a rise?

Lewis

Lewis

When you are running up to check your weather station are you breathing heavily and panting?

Maybe this could explain the rise in temperature :cold:

gobby

Posted

Have had a few showers here this morning, but they're not at all heavy.

Posted

Lewis

When you are running up to check your weather station are you breathing heavily and panting?

Maybe this could explain the rise in temperature :cold:

gobby

I don't need to run up too it and check it :p It's wireless and i have a LCD panel hooked up to the computer that gets the data and logs it.

Lewis

Posted

Hi Gumbo snowing in Royston, but sunny too...

Those showers def intensifying.

same in darton :cold:

Posted

yeah, it's strange - they seem to be hitting the M1 and disappearing

Temp here is -5.1º with DP of -5.91º

The sun is out, but there is some very high cloud coming over Silkstone/ Hoylandswaine area

I think Penistone always gets it better due to elevation. Still think we may get some showers, this coming week looks interesting.

Posted

I think Penistone always gets it better due to elevation. Still think we may get some showers, this coming week looks interesting.

*very* interesting!! :cold::cold:

just started with a very, very, very light flurry at the moment

Posted

06z - GFS

Lovely run, but a huge difference from yesterdays models.

A slacker flow, and the easterly for some reason does not come into full swing of things, and the pressure just sinks southwards. A lot of shortwaves and mild sectors on this run, one thing i don't like about the GFS, it's too messy a model.

I hope this does not verify.

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

we have just taken the sledge out for a while and there are a few flakes starting to fall up here, some nice looking clouds rolling over too

Posted

Like the look of the showers that are moving in from the North Sea. I feel another top-up is on its way biggrin.gif

where are those photos you promised Brian

just to off set my 1/10 cm that fell last evening

I'd send my photo but it looks more like frost had I not actually seen flakes falling last night!

come on give us all something to hope for please?