Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Goodluck Leeds, Arsenal fan myself but supports anyone against ManUtd. tease.gif

Looks like a gap for me in these showers but still some on the way mi thinks.

cheers mate. i know where massive under dogs but weve got nothing to lose and everything to gain drinks.gif

Ye, certainly plenty pushing inland,albeit light :)

Posted

Only one ensemble member gets to positive values which is good. Interestingly the stratosphere looks on the warm again. This should help the AO stay in negative mode if it was to happen. I know GP was indicating a mild Feb (i suppose most would want one!) however a stratospheric warming event may mean interesting developments for Feb!

http://strat-www.met...t=temps&alert=1

Short term and its look very good as JH indicates. Unfortunately i was born in 1992. I don't really know what to expect. People keep comparing to winters beforehand, but being my age i never witnessed them laugh.gif Should be interesting experience what ever i get!

I was born in 72 and the snow used to be upto my waist, mind u i was 5 at the time and about 3ft.lol :)

Posted

Only one ensemble member gets to positive values which is good. Interestingly the stratosphere looks on the warm again. This should help the AO stay in negative mode if it was to happen. I know GP was indicating a mild Feb (i suppose most would want one!) however a stratospheric warming event may mean interesting developments for that month!

http://strat-www.met...t=temps&alert=1

Short term and its look very good as JH indicates. Unfortunately i was born in 1992. I don't really know what to expect. People keep comparing to winters beforehand, but being my age i never witnessed them laugh.gif Should be interesting experience what ever i get!

Hehe ye. I think the best I witnessed was in 1996 when I woke up to 10/11 inches of snow! I think it all fell between midnight and 8am! shok.gif So with such a window of opportunity, most places are at risk of a heavy spell of snow or two, which shouldnt melt much smile.gif

And just looking at those esembles again, between around the 20th/25th the mean was only around -1, so just goes to show you dont need massive negative figures to hold on to a great block :)

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

I missed it mate. Do you think we will be snowed in by mid-week :)

Well, he described it as a 'Snow enthusiast's forecast' - so yes, there's a strong possibility :)

Posted

Hehe ye. I think the best I witnessed was in 1996 when I woke up to 10/11 inches of snow! I think it all fell between midnight and 8am! shok.gif So with such a window of opportunity, most places are at risk of a heavy speel of snow or two, which shouldnt melt much smile.gif

I moved over here in 1998. Seen some good snowfalls. My good snowfalls would probably be poor snowfalls to you though! laugh.gif I remember when i lived in Southport (North West England, coast) we got little snow. There was one winter though 94 or 95 were i saw a really good snowfall. Most i had ever seen!

My dad being in Yorkshire for the 63 winter says he remembers nothing about it!

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Well, he described it as a 'Snow enthusiast's forecast' - so yes, there's a strong possibility :)

:) if it matched the 1991 event then that would be just stunning! what did it show for friday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Yikes to the weeks forecast !

Will I get to Hull v Chelsea next Saturday ?? lol

Will the match even be on ?? We shall see.

Light snow shower here as I type.

BL. :)

Posted

I moved over here in 1998. Seen some good snowfalls. My good snowfalls would probably be poor snowfalls to you though! laugh.gif I remember when i lived in Southport (North West England, coast) we got little snow. There was one winter though 94 or 95 were i saw a really good snowfall. Most i had ever seen!

My dad being in Yorkshire for the 63 winter says he remembers nothing about it!

lol, my dad never shuts up about the 1963 winter laugh.gif

Posted

hey all, stunning day here, bright sunshine a a slight chill in the air, not feeling over cold, i also missed the countryfile forecast could someone tell me if it is likely to snow in sth lincs. here is hoping for yes as the answer and lots of it. lol

Posted

:) if it matched the 1991 event then that would be just stunning! what did it show for friday?

A lot of snow mate, particularly for the South East; However, they did mention that they were a little uncertain about the exact positioning of the Low pressure system for Friday

Edit: Big flakes falling now

Posted

hey all, stunning day here, bright sunshine a a slight chill in the air, not feeling over cold, i also missed the countryfile forecast could someone tell me if it is likely to snow in sth lincs. here is hoping for yes as the answer and lots of it. lol

Yes you look like getting hammered

The key for us in west/north yorkshire, for us to get pasted on thu/fri after tue/wed snow showers, we must be the focal point of the squeeze of esterly winds.

gfs 6z

http://www.wetterzen...s/Rtavn1321.png

not good

ukmo 00z

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rukm1441.gif

almost perfect

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

Yikes to the weeks forecast !

Will I get to Hull v Chelsea next Saturday ?? lol

Will the match even be on ?? We shall see.

Light snow shower here as I type.

BL. :help:

That's a thought....

...and if we have an easterly it's going to be bitter in West Upper!

Posted

Snowing here, just started...

My real time weather cam is setup and live, working at 30 frames per second smile.gif

http://www.weatherinhull.com/cam.html

Sorry about poor light, it's back garden and there is a big snow cloud close by smile.gif

Thats a pretty good picture, should be interesting come tue/wed good.gif

Posted

Snow showers here, not heavy at present and lying snow is thawing, but this is just the start and it looks like theres alot more on the way :help:

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Been snowing here now none stop since before 9am. So far about 2 centemeters of new snow, which is surprising considering the snow is getting to us then dying off just as it gets into Lancashire.

Not posted since Christmas, but our 'Snow' that fell 2/3 weeks ago still exists in clumps on South facing slopes. Combined with the snow from last night which has also turned into ice as well and we have one hell of a dangerous area to get around in. Going to be a fun week if the tempreture keeps going to about -10 each night and turning the snow to blocks of ice each night.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Fun and games on our road. 99% of drivers are getting up without any problems. However a few have no idea what so ever.

The first funny session a car gets stuck. Foot down to the floor going nowhere quick. Muppet two comes up behind and decides too undertake despite being another parked car a few yards ahead. Hits the curb and also gets stuck. For the ten minutes both muppets are there spinning wheeels like mad before giving up and reversing down the road. I was expecting them to hit each other as they were side by side sliding all over.

Muppet three. Huge people carrier again foot down to the floor going nowhere fast. Took him 15 minutes to get to our house and we've gritted that bit of road. No where would you stop to pick up your daughter who was pushing. On the grit or a bit further up on the ice.

You've guessed it on the ice further up. Stuck once more. Another five minutes going nowhere before realising it was a good idea to drop back onto the grit. Best quote. "can't understand why it's skidding" maybe something to do with first gear and foot down to the floor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Really nice big fluffy flakes here now :drinks:

http://www.weatherinhull.com/cam.html

Yup not a bad stream. How much bandwidth does it use????

Posted

Well we peaked today at -2.6c and now the temp is down to -3.2 already, If it keeps on dropping and the showers to our slight north east don't get here then we will have a minima below -10 tonight easily.

Posted

Yup not a bad stream. How much bandwidth does it use????

wow hammering it down now!

I stream at 350kbps per second, i can stream upto around 600kbps-700kbps a second if i need too.

My ISP is with Karoo, i have a 15.8mb connection on a new profile/line.

75GB download allowance per month, and uploading is not monitored 8) so i can upload as much as a i like.

Lewis

Posted

snow showers seem to be moving straight into york rather than a NE to SW movement

wow hammering it down now!

I stream at 350kbps per second, i can stream upto around 600kbps-700kbps a second if i need too.

My ISP is with Karoo, i have a 15.8mb connection on a new profile/line.

75GB download allowance per month, and uploading is not monitored 8) so i can upload as much as a i like.

Lewis

LOL you put "let it snow" playing?

Posted

Lewis

Nice touch with the song.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!