Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Are them showers mainting intensity and not dying out the ones what are coming to hit us around 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Is this the Tuesday event we are talking about?

Oh yes, ice day here by the way, a max of -0.1ºC.

I think it's the Tuesday event, it reminds me of Easter Sunday in 2008 on the BBC graphics with the snow moving down to the west of the Pennines before moving east into Yorkshire. I was in the Lake District then and there was 10cm overnight, but I think the NE missed out. I think that the most severe weather will come from North Sea snow showers again as opposed to the band of snow moving south.

Are them showers mainting intensity and not dying out the ones what are coming to hit us around 9

Which showers? The radar looks dry :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looks like being just isolated showers to me with most places staying dry. Chance of some scattered snow showers close to the east coast tomorrow, but not large amounts.

Posted

I think it's the Tuesday event, it reminds me of Easter Sunday in 2008 on the BBC graphics with the snow moving down to the west of the Pennines before moving east into Yorkshire. I was in the Lake District then and there was 10cm overnight, but I think the NE missed out. I think that the most severe weather will come from North Sea snow showers again as opposed to the band of snow moving south.

Which showers? The radar looks dry :drinks:

You see though Alza, when i watched the latest forecast, it showed the cold front sweeping through us and the graphics would suggest it would hit. Indeed the forecasters have said, the further east you are, the more likely you are to see accumulating snow.

It's all so confusing aint it? :lol:

Posted

Looks like being just isolated showers to me with most places staying dry. Chance of some scattered snow showers close to the east coast tomorrow, but not large amounts.

Im near the east coast am i favourable for tonight and tommorrow for some top up?

Posted

I'm kind of hoping it remains clear as it is a good chance for a low minimum. You get the feeling that Tuesday - Friday will be too clousy overall.

-2.1º already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Im near the east coast am i favourable for tonight and tommorrow for some top up?

You may see a few flurries but I doubt your location will get more than an additional dusting tomorrow. Be prepared for some fun and games later in the week though...

Posted

You may see a few flurries but I doubt your location will get more than an additional dusting tomorrow. Be prepared for some fun and games later in the week though...

How about overnight? a dusting during daylight hours tommorrow would be lovely

Posted

This front is still nagging me because the BBC graphics are confusing, it would seem the heavier snow from Scotland merges with the showers from Northern Ireland and give Cumbria a more prolonged spell of snow.

It would be nice if it shows a nice smooth cold front with snow all along it and just one big blob in Cumbria but maybe that what will actually happen? Although with events like these, it really a case of radar watching and not those BBC forecasts.

I suppose we have got a little headstart regarding snow covering over the others mind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

You see though Alza, when i watched the latest forecast, it showed the cold front sweeping through us and the graphics would suggest it would hit. Indeed the forecasters have said, the further east you are, the more likely you are to see accumulating snow.

It's all so confusing aint it? :cold:

Hopefully things will be a bit clearer on the BBC Breakfast forecast in the morning :)

Posted

Is it me but are the showers now starting to go east a bit instead of west now? which is good coz that will bring the snow showers back biggrin.gif Tws what you think?

and okay but is it just me seeing this on the radar?

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

How about overnight? a dusting during daylight hours tommorrow would be lovely

Unlikely to see anything overnight (except a hard frost!)

Posted

cant open the bin lid lol.6 inches of frozen snow on top dosen't help either.

Not a problem for me as our bin is full to bursting anyway.

The binmen thought it would be a good idea to come round at 6.50 in the morning instead of the usual 2pm,which resulted in about 80% of the street not getting their bins emptied as we didn't have them ready near the road.

I thought there was going to be a riot.:clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Looks like a chance of some showers in the morning on the GFS charts...

post-3392-12625568057513_thumb.jpg

This looks better on the 18z than the 12z.

Wind direction doesn't look great for those inland though, but maybe near the coast some could catch showers, and dare I say it maybe Teesside?

Anyway the main event still looks good to me on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I wouldn't expect much on Thursday onwards, the risk transfers further south which is when it will hit the headlines no doubt.

Posted

Oh MCT youve done it now clap.gif