Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Great photo Mark, send it into Look North get it up on the weather bulletins the morra.. They'll be sure to put that one up..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Thanks everyone, I only meant to take a photo of the cloud structure!

Yes, but its also developing in the gap between the band in the north and band to the south. I think everywhere on the East coast will see snow at some point tonight

Absoulutely cracking photo mate. One for the album - or send it into BBC and it may get shown.

Good idea, I'll send it to Look North. If anyone see's it could you let me know in case I've missed it? Thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Brill photo Mark, I just got back walking dog when saw blue flash reflect off side of house. Though my blue led lights had blown given the amount of ice encrusting them. Luckily must have been the blue lightning, didnt hearany thunder though, unlike an hour ago.

post-8844-12627285808552_thumb.jpg

Posted

Great photo Mark, send it into Look North get it up on the weather bulletins the morra.. They'll be sure to put that one up..

got to agree that is a fantastic photo.

Posted

BBC News have got the weather as their headline story tonight. Is that because London have seen it now?

Posted

BBC News have got the weather as their headline story tonight. Is that because London have seen it now?

yep lol. the south gets snow = top headline stuff.

just seen the northeast weather forecast and they have snow showers shown for the next few days for the NE. We must be able to get som half decent accumlications if that happens

Posted

yep lol. the south gets snow = top headline stuff.

just seen the northeast weather forecast and they have snow showers shown for the next few days for the NE. We must be able to get som half decent accumlications if that happens

izi I would just like this thawing to stop first :shok:

Posted

Well wasn't expecting the showers to make it over here, but they have had the current one is heavy leaving a quick cover of the roads - the Pennines are not acting much of a shield against the instability in the air - hopefully we'll catch many more in the next couple of days.

Posted

izi I would just like this thawing to stop first :wallbash:

sorry to here it, i think it should pass soon. i know it doesnt help but its nearly -2 here, so just goes to show the micro climates going on.