Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Update from Met Office at 15:53 for all of the SE

"There is a potential for a period of heavy snow during Wednesday morning with locally large accumulations. The location of the heavy snow is uncertain and will be kept under review."

Posted

Heavy Snow Wed 6 Jan

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of southern England and east Wales.

There is a potential for a period of heavy snow during Wednesday morning with locally large accumulations. The location of the heavy snow is uncertain and will be kept under review.

Issued at: 1553 Mon 4 Jan

Would not be so sure about that Chart

Look what the Meto have posted up 15mins ago :p:oops::p

Never seen them put the word 'review' into a warning!:p:lol:

IMO I am in a good position, in west Herts which could suit it quite well! if it stays as GFS says or as Kold pointed out if it moves more west that would still be good!

Posted

Heavy Snow Wed 6 Jan There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of southern England and east Wales.There is a potential for a period of heavy snow during Wednesday morning with locally large accumulations. The location of the heavy snow is uncertain and will be kept under review.Issued at: 1553 Mon 4 Jan Would not be so sure about that ChartLook what the Meto have posted up 15mins ago :p:oops::p

beat mt to it Paul :p

Never seen them put the word 'review' into a warning!:oops::oops:

IMO I am in a good position, in west Herts which could suit it quite well! if it stays as GFS says or as Kold pointed out if it moves more west that would still be good!

I'd say we've been pretty lucky in this cold spell so far! First all the snow in dec before christmas.. Now looks like it matters not whether it goes East or West we're in for a pasting. :p

Posted

So it has changed from tomorrow lunch-time/afternoon to Weds morning?

This is getting silly now.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

I'd say we've been pretty lucky in this cold spell so far! First all the snow in dec before christmas.. Now looks like it matters not whether it goes East or West we're in for a pasting. :p

Yup, it seems we have both been in very good posititons!:oops: Let that continue........

Posted

Never seen them put the word 'review' into a warning!:p:oops:

Agreed Saint, those in places like West Herts, Bucks, Bedforshire, East Berks, in a great location as it stands it would seem, that kind of sweet spot. However the Met Office update just before 4 to its advisories is obviously a bit of a tease to much of Southern England and Wales it would seem by saying "uncertain" and being kept under review.

Posted

Don't often get that from the MO I have to admit...

Thats a blatent admission that they aren't even sure yet either, not surprising given the models keep swapping solutions, I think we need to see the 18z agree with this idea and not flip yet again to a different solution.

I'd rather have this set-up though then what was progged by the 06z runs, much more room for surprises believe you me in a strong system!

Posted

Current data for Linslade

04 January 2010 16:24:19

Temperature (°C):

Current -3.6

Trend (per hour) -0.5

Average today -4.2

Wind chill -3.6

Heat Index -3.6

Dew Point -4.8

Rel Humidity 91%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 1.6 NE

Average Speed 0.0 E

Pressure (mb):

Current 1016.4

Trend (per hour) -0.5

present conditions and freezing fog ,i think we are all in for a good time :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Am I the only one who would love (for once) to have the decent snow actually fall during the day so it can be seen? The bit I like about snow is watching it fall - very relaxing and "chilling" (forgive the pun)....

DS

Same here although I do spend quite alot of the night looking out the window and lampost watching if it's snowing and then end up napping during the next day!lazy.gif

Not really sure if I'm going to get anything snowie out of this week, everytime I hear a forecast it seems to change depending on who you listen too. I'm not any good at looking at the charts myself so have to rely on someone to tell me what's going to happen, at the moment I'm confused.

I would love to think we were going to get something here sometime in the next week ? cc_confused.gif

But I will settle for cold and crisp frosts against wet and dull weather anyday cold.gif

Posted

Same here although I do spend quite alot of the night looking out the window and lampost watching if it's snowing and then end up napping during the next day!lazy.gif

Not really sure if I'm going to get anything snowie out of this week, everytime I hear a forecast it seems to change depending on who you listen too. I'm not any good at looking at the charts myself so have to rely on someone to tell me what's going to happen, at the moment I'm confused.

I would love to think we were going to get something here sometime in the next week ? cc_confused.gif

But I will settle for cold and crisp frosts against wet and dull weather anyday cold.gif

tomorrow i think ,you just wait and see :yahoo:

Posted

OMG. Has anyone seen the UKMO PPN charts. Run the sequence through!

24 hrs of heavy snow from tomorrow evening for EA & SE. I hope this is the one that comes off. The GFS is totally different, favouring those around C.Mids/Hants as the sweet spot.

UKMO

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

Don't often get that from the MO I have to admit...

Thats a blatent admission that they aren't even sure yet either, not surprising given the models keep swapping solutions, I think we need to see the 18z agree with this idea and not flip yet again to a different solution.

I'd rather have this set-up though then what was progged by the 06z runs, much more room for surprises believe you me in a strong system!

I've noticed the 18z often looks different. Is this a regular thing?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

ON a local note..

The snow is freezing fast here , cars are struggling to get up our hill... What's funny though , some people really can't drive and either stop mid flow or accelerate hard expecting not to slide <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

tomorrow i think ,you just wait and see good.gif

I will be keeping everything crossed rofl.gif

I have just had a Met O E-mail 'Advisory' for Tue 5th & Wed 6th for MK, I wasn't expecting anything until Friday anyway so that would be a bonus if it happens good.gif

Posted

guys what do you think my chances are in high wycombe for some snow

Based on all the data currently available, which is showing quite a mixed bag in terms of the sweet spot for next 48 hours. You look very well placed.

However when you have the countries leading experts a little uncertain as to the exact location of the greater disruption, this is of course likely to come down to nowcast.

Posted

GFS has certainly upped the chance of decent snowfall from the 2nd band of snow tomorrow, it will be a case of nowcasting and radar watching! :drinks:

Posted

the front moving south looks a slow affair. I make it moving about 20 m.p.h. That makes it 18/20 hours to reach london..so ill go for mid day London..and 11am for my region...but how much snow.. ??? . it may weeken on its way south. Fronts from the north usually do

Posted

guys what do you think my chances are in high wycombe for some snow

You have a great chance of seeing some kind of snow.

I would say 95% of seeing snow falling.

Whether its 1cm - 30cm its still up in the air.

Its all about NOWCASTING/ RADAR WATCHING.