Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Went to the yorkshire wolds today in the thixendale area hope you like them!!! (part 2)

Stunning image :)

Posted

The main area of snow isnt due till 5-6 am.you will get around 100.mm in chessi with your alltitude.the showers at the moment are very light. :)

10cm wow:drinks: I had probably best hit the sack then. Im most likley the only one who will be able to get into work tomorrow.

Posted

feel free mate smile.gif glad you like them! yeah its just nowcasting but i still think east of the pennines will do well smile.gif

I know what you mean "cyclonic happiness" and it felt like i was in scotland today! cheers mark smile.gif

Shame, if i was a little closer i would have loved to have gone on a trip up there :) Being 17 and not yet driving i never get to travel to see the snow cray.gif

Posted

looking great now guys and from the latest radar I expect heavier snow showers to be deloping across west yorkshire in the next hour or so smile.gif

Also if you look further north, the usual rules/restrictions to general shower activity isnt happening. showers arent just being pushed in from the sea, to the north they are just developing randomly and the hills/mountains shouldnt kill of the showers. expect some very variable snow totals tommorow smile.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

We have a lovely light coating of big dandruff flakes in Lincoln. Very pretty. Hope there's lots tomorrow when I wake up. Happy lamp post watching!

Posted

Stunning image :oops:

cheers mate :) didnt have a tripod but will do next time i come across a stunning view like that, it was such a beautiful view :D

Posted

cheers mate :D didnt have a tripod but will do next time i come across a stunning view like that, it was such a beautiful view :oops:

Cliche they might be, but I do like sunset images and I love the way you captured that band of pollution(?) on the horizon :)

Posted

looking great now guys and from the latest radar I expect heavier snow showers to be deloping across west yorkshire in the next hour or so smile.gif

Also if you look further north, the usual rules/restrictions to general shower activity isnt happening. showers arent just being pushed in from the sea, to the north they are just developing randomly and the hills/mountains shouldnt kill of the showers. expect some very variable snow totals tommorow smile.gif

Yeah, hopefully we will do really well, already got a dusting (on car) from the light snow showers.

Edit: Not to sure whether to stay up for another hour, it's good to have piece of mind knowing you will wake up to a covering.

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Argh was just gonna go to bed ! , might stay up till 1ish and see if anything happens here .

Got to be up at 630 aswell [ i can see me getting out of bed most of the night curtain twitching/lampost watching :oops:]

Posted

Argh was just gonna go to bed ! , might stay up till 1ish and see if anything happens here .

Got to be up at 630 aswell [ i can see me getting out of bed most of the night curtain twitching/lampost watching whistling.gif]

Same I'll prbably stay up till 1.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I've got my eyes on that big blob of red near Newcastle. Looks to be intensifying.

I'd expect North Leeds and N Yorks will do well when it hits!!!!!

Posted

That's what I'm watching, I'm guessing that is the band that will increase in size and form the front. Which if it was would mean the snow would arrive earlier than predicted, if it keeps moving south at the rate it is.

Posted

GFS 18Z V radar

post-5508-12626508529125_thumb.gif

Looks like the front is slightly further south with more showers getting further inland from west.

Posted
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem

Looking at the latest radar, there are some pretty beefy showers developing to the North West ATM. Should imagine we or somewhere pretty near here will get trounced within the hour :good:

Edited by ned

Posted

well looks like there are some beefy showers just 20 miles northwest of me here. none of the current charts or forecasts showed it this far south of lincs so early. is it progressing quicker than expected?

Posted

GFS 18Z V radar

post-5508-12626508529125_thumb.gif

Looks like the front is slightly further south with more showers getting further inland from west.

Using this at the moment myself http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted

well looks like there are some beefy showers just 20 miles northwest of me here. none of the current charts or forecasts showed it this far south of lincs so early. is it progressing quicker than expected?

These are showers from the Irish sea, they where not expected to push so far inland at this stage.

Posted

These are showers from the Irish sea, they where not expected to push so far inland at this stage.

i wonder if that is a signal for everything to evolve a little bit further east as it progresses then if these showers before hand have done!?

Posted

That's what I'm watching, I'm guessing that is the band that will increase in size and form the front. Which if it was would mean the snow would arrive earlier than predicted, if it keeps moving south at the rate it is.

Hopefully the Moors won't sap it's snowy goodness away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

absolutely nothing here, not even a light flurry!! it's hitting the hills to our west and just disappearing :lazy::):)

Posted

The front will probably slow down now at this point as the flow ahead of the front is an WNW/NW direction, the Northerly airflow should help push the weather front further southwards however.

It is just my luck though that as soon as the front leaves, it is predicted to pep up and potentially give you lot a battering of snow by the morning time. As ever though, the weather does not follow the predicted script at times and there could be a few surprises or letdowns on the way. I can't see the latter happening and i really do hope not but you always got to bear that mind despite the promising forecasts.

Anyways, good luck and i hope you recieve a covering by the morning. :lazy:

Posted

I'm glad I set off at 9.40 to my first call. Despite it being busy, it's certainly gonna be interesting!!!!!!