Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

no,non,no,,,lynxus.like IAN said......give 50 miles each way......marginal error..

In other words WE CANT LOOSE yahoo.gif

has the NAE been updated can anyone send me a link

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

no,non,no,,,lynxus.like IAN said......give 50 miles each way......marginal error..

In other words WE CANT LOOSE :whistling:

Famous last words lol.

Its gonna rain isnt it.

Oh please do it for us mother nature.

Posted

Temp seems to have levelled out here been -2.6c for nearly 2 hours.

Is the heavy precip supposed to move South-Westwards after the NAE chart above or sink south? Looks as though some aeas could get a right pasting if those charts were to vertify.

P.S Has anybody else had trouble reading the fourms on here the last couple of hours or so as i don't know if my internet is playing up again wacko.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

---SILLY THING CRASHED AND POSTED TWICE---

:diablo:

:whistling:

Edited by 03jtrickey

Posted
Posted

I don't think anyone can be quite sure at the moment as to the track of this ppt tomorrow. It is a complete nowcasting situation, for the intensity and depth of snowfall. However I think we are narrowing down the area of heaviest snowfall to somewhere East of a line from Cardiff to Lyme Regis, West of a line from Leicester to Portsmouth and South of Birmingham, with most places within that zone seeing some snow, of varying severity... the devil is in the detail :whistling:

Certainly some very interesting radar watching to come tomorrow! :diablo:

Posted

I don't think anyone can be quite sure at the moment as to the track of this ppt tomorrow. It is a complete nowcasting situation, for the intensity and depth of snowfall. However I think we are narrowing down the area of heaviest snowfall to somewhere East of a line from Cardiff to Lyme Regis, West of a line from Leicester to Portsmouth and South of Birmingham, with most places within that zone seeing some snow, of varying severity... the devil is in the detail :whistling:

Certainly some very interesting radar watching to come tomorrow! :diablo:

Very wise words

Even GFS and NAE disagree on the heaviest precip, with the GFS keen to intensify the initial northern front a little more too

Either way, looks to me as though hardest hit areas will be a 50 mile radius north, east and south of Bristol.....then looks as though the western limit will be somerset/devon border, and looks like hitting Monmouthshire and Glamorgan in south wales

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Isn't anyone else confused? Within half an hour of each other 2 Jay Wynne forecasts pinpoint two different areas for heavy snow! Maybe Ian's 'concern' earlier that latest NAE charts (which he won't see until 4.00am tom) will show higher snow risk north and east from our area.

Prepare for slight downgrade in the morning.wallbash.gif

I'm not sure, I think it could well be further west again.

I don't think anyone can be quite sure at the moment as to the track of this ppt tomorrow. It is a complete nowcasting situation, for the intensity and depth of snowfall. However I think we are narrowing down the area of heaviest snowfall to somewhere East of a line from Cardiff to Lyme Regis, West of a line from Leicester to Portsmouth and South of Birmingham, with most places within that zone seeing some snow, of varying severity... the devil is in the detail diablo.gif

Certainly some very interesting radar watching to come tomorrow! drinks.gif

See above. Momentum is with a westerly move I reckon... the 00z will be crucial.

Posted

P.S Has anybody else had trouble reading the fourms on here the last couple of hours or so as i don't know if my internet is playing up again wacko.gif

havin same trouble,website crashing due to heavy snow moving southwhistling.gif

Posted

THATS GOOD But Jay Wynne for me was the star of the night...

with a forecast that the gfs or other models wasnt quite showing..

He forecast the snow more west..and pivoting over my house ,lynxus,james,jane,twister and windswept and lian,,and monkey:drinks: :lol:

I wonder if the Cirencester guys know about this

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Very wise words

Even GFS and NAE disagree on the heaviest precip, with the GFS keen to intensify the initial northern front a little more too

Either way, looks to me as though hardest hit areas will be a 50 mile radius north, east and south of Bristol.....then looks as though the western limit will be somerset/devon border, and looks like hitting Monmouthshire and Glamorgan in south wales

SK

Mullender is going to be very :lol::diablo:he is going to miss this...........

Posted

Well time for bed now.

Looks like its a go for snow . But as matt says, 00z will be something to watch.

Shame ill be alseep.

The last 2 updates have been good so fingers crossed for a 3rd good one overnight.

Just hope i dont wake up tomorrow to clear skies and no chance of decent snow.

Fingers crossed again. Im stepping off.

Posted

Very wise words

SK

Yep - Alex Deacon on N24 just verified the snow risk area - but.. its likely to change.. but...Surely Gloucester can't miss out this time !?!?

John F

p.s. Not sure if the N24 weather was live/recorded....

Posted

Yep - Alex Deacon on N24 just verified the snow risk area - but.. its likely to change.. but...Surely Gloucester can't miss out this time !?!?

John F

p.s. Not sure if the N24 weather was live/recorded....

Probably recorded ( or using out of date data )

It takes time for them to read the data, Make the charts and get their statements ready.

So its probably based on the 18z with some other bits mixed in.

Posted

snow developing up North,,,intensifying

Manchester area

I'm exhausted already and it's 24 hours to a possible major snow event for us! I just hope it materialises tomorrow and Wednesday. Can you imagine the gloating from the East if it misses us?!mega_shok.gif

Posted

I'm exhausted already and it's 24 hours to a possible major snow event for us! I just hope it materialises tomorrow and Wednesday. Can you imagine the gloating from the East if it misses us?!mega_shok.gif

yes I know...didnt expect this turn around for the West,Nick as updated his Blog

and all I can say is it might be best to have a spade handy :)

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/59644-new-year-cold-spell/page__pid__1693685__st__0entry1693685

Posted

Good luck Guys - You deserve it after the crud summer for Storms and lack of Snow this Winter!

Salisbury Plain and then the M4 Corridoor looking great for somewhere near to 25-30cm of Snow by Wednesday, parts of the Cotswolds could see even more going on latest forecasts.

Paul S

Good luck Guys - You deserve it after the crud summer for Storms and lack of Snow this Winter!

Salisbury Plain and then the M4 Corridoor looking great for somewhere near to 25-30cm of Snow by Wednesday, parts of the Cotswolds could see even more going on latest forecasts.

Paul S

Thanks Paul :lol:

Last Feb wasn't too shoddy though :)

Posted

Thanks Paul, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, seeing what it brings. Perhaps one for a walk up in the hills in a few days time, it the ppt. comes off as predicted. Possibly some orographic enhancement up there? Anyway good luck to all in our region. It looks like our time has finally come!

Posted

Thanks Paul good.gif

Last Feb wasn't too shoddy though laugh.gif

hows around the yeovil area lookin am i gonna see any of the white stuff in the next 24 hrs

Posted

Paul S

Paul, i've been harping on about Feb 09 all night. Those falls in the 1st week - the forecasts changed right up until a few hours before we had the snow here in the BTL area - i feel tomorrow and Wednesday will be no different. Wouldn't surprise me to see the main band towards the east. Don't give up yet.

I'm certainly not counting my chickens!

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

If the system is going to shift 50 miles, then its going south west I think.

Plymouth, Exeter and Dartmoor will be in the firing line, and will get 12 inches.

Heres to hoping!!!

(Reality will probably be that the showers arrive tomorrow morning as sleet/rain, move on before the temp drops again, and then we miss the worst of the Wednesday snow…)