Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

hows around the yeovil area lookin am i gonna see any of the white stuff in the next 24 hrs

maybe in the morning????/ there is a gd chance all of somerset get snow at some point. which is fab. looks like a gd time ahead. wednesday gfs have snow all day pretty much quite amazing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Temperature still falling here, down to a bitter -8.2C, colder than last night. Cloud not far away by the looks of things however.

Posted

For once, everything looks to be going our way for a change. We have low enough temperatures, lots of PPN and even if things change a little we still should be all good :good:

If the models change dramatically, then let the wrist slitting begin.. lol :good:

Posted

temp falling now to -3

Snowing lightly in some part's of the North Midland's.

We will know by tomorrow early morning around 4.00am or round about's if it's nailed.

Or decided to pay the East a visit.

But I think it's to close now to move dramatically East or West by miles

So looking good..If you like snow..and hell if you dont :good:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Temp increasing here in Bristol as well. From -3.7 to -2.6 in half an hour. Looking at the sat we can notice clouds coming from WNW

Slow motion Sat

nice one havent seen that one before,,,now bookmarked..

prediction from earlier

post-3696-12626514263325_thumb.jpg

Posted

OMG, anybody just see the BBC24 weather forecast? :):):cold::lazy::):doh:

The graphics showed light snow from about midday onwards tomorro, then as the day progresses getting heavier and heavier. Much of the West country and parts of South West were in the snow zone all tuesday night and all of wednesday.

Why does this seem too good to be true, please mother nature just this one time!

Posted

OMG, anybody just see the BBC24 weather forecast? :):):cold::lazy::):doh:

The graphics showed light snow from about midday onwards tomorro, then as the day progresses getting heavier and heavier. Much of the West country and parts of South West were in the snow zone all tuesday night and all of wednesday.

Why does this seem too good to be true, please mother nature just this one time!

lol...24hr+ snowfall :doh::):cold:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

Did it reach out as far as barnstaple, North devon, its making me nervous, still wondering if there will be snow later tonight here.

Posted

nice one havent seen that one before,,,now bookmarked..

prediction from earlier

That prediction looks sort of like an inverted supercell radar frame, hook forming on the end :lazy:.

Jokes aside, not had any snow this winter here in exeter other than a slight dusting on one occasion so looking forward to getting some interesting weather. Hopefully it won't make things to chaotic but I wouldn't mind seeing a decent snowfall, we had a lot in feb and some in early march, 2010 looks to be starting another interesting year.

Posted

That prediction looks sort of like an inverted supercell radar frame, hook forming on the end :cold:.

Jokes aside, not had any snow this winter here in exeter other than a slight dusting on one occasion so looking forward to getting some interesting weather. Hopefully it won't make things to chaotic but I wouldn't mind seeing a decent snowfall, we had a lot in feb and some in early march, 2010 looks to be starting another interesting year.

well thats what Paul said a F4..lol

Same here Dave,NOTHING.. just a dusting...not even classed as snow it was so poor

Posted

If the system is going to shift 50 miles, then its going south west I think.

Plymouth, Exeter and Dartmoor will be in the firing line, and will get 12 inches.

Heres to hoping!!!

(Reality will probably be that the showers arrive tomorrow morning as sleet/rain, move on before the temp drops again, and then we miss the worst of the Wednesday snow…)

Hi Paul T. Thanks for that long post earlier dedicated to me!

Well what can i say....a massive turn around in the model output in our favour.....the East peoples are really upset in the Model output thread and are begging for the models to change in their favour at 4.00am...

This is my big worry...a huge shift east. I dreading reading the output in the morning!

Posted

Off to sleep...it's gonna be a long day tomorrow... Looking at the radar so far it is more or less il line with GFS. Let's hope that Low pressure will be positioned where it is predicted by 18Z.

Nite nite

Leon

Posted

Hi Paul T. Thanks for that long post earlier dedicated to me!

Well what can i say....a massive turn around in the model output in our favour.....the East peoples are really upset in the Model output thread and are begging for the models to change in their favour at 4.00am...

This is my big worry...a huge shift east. I dreading reading the output in the morning!

I think there will most probably be small change but nothing dramatic, its just too close to the event now. Usually the BBC are pretty good with short range forecasts so I'm feeling optimistic. :D

But what do I know? :D If it goes pear shaped in this short amount of time, then I will lose faith in all forecasts :80: