Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Hertfordshie council have been told to expect 20-25cm of snow later tonight into tomorrow. With further snowfall all day tomorrow.

Just announced on local radio - Mercury.

I thought Herts was to west? Have things changed

For a small county Herts can see big differences in weather, particularly between west and east. I've know it snow in Potters Bar only to find back driving back home that there was none.

Come to think of it, north and south of the county can vary just as much. When I played football years ago, we had an away match in Westmill abandoned due to snow. Got back to he pub in Broxbourne and they hadn't seen so much of a flake or the slightest hint of even sleet!

Posted

Oh well . . not for us this time it seems

Though of course, it isn't actually due to get here for a few hours yet, so we could only say that after the event....... :)

Posted

The BBC forecast I just saw shows the snow pivoting around us, so accumulations in the Home Counties might be some of the smallest across southern England come Thursday. :)

Agghh here we go again got to get to Glaxo Smithkline in Ware for some medicine lol Well at least the roads will be clear but I think on my journey BACK I will get snowed in. Don't worry it will hit Herts.

Posted

Looks like North cambs and west norfolk are going to miss out on a lot of the snow from this system.

Oh well . . not for us this time it seems

Janet

Yes, I think this will be very disappointing for Cambs. Typical when we get easterlies or north-easterlies, our region is doing poorly when we should be in a prime position.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

The BBC forecast I just saw shows the snow pivoting around us, so accumulations in the Home Counties might be some of the smallest across southern England come Thursday. :)

As I mentioned towards the end of the previous thread... we're so often too far north, south, east or west!

One cause for optimisim is that the best snow we had recently...back in Feb...came from an event which was pretty much not forecast. In fact what WAS forecast was that we would get a dump on top of our dump... which actually never materialised!

So I'm actually taking some comfort from the fact that we are not forecast to get much at present.... the way things usually turn out for us this could be a good thing!!! :)

Posted

Michael Fish is predicting heavy snow for us towards the end of the week with some light/moderate snow for the West of our region tonight/tomorrow.

Posted

And a disappointment for Norfolk as well. We didnt get much in the last snow event either.

Posted

Don't see why, as we speak, most of the country is getting battered, had 4 hours of continuous light snow here this morning (Norwich).

But is that it for us? I'm nervous.

Posted

BBC1 1.27

What happened to the BBC having detailed 3 day forecasts at 1.30 and 6.30, they seem to be reduced down to 1 day forecasts now. <_< Our local weather on BBC Michael Fish said our turn for heavy snow could be Friday with sub zero temperatures in the day.

Posted

Though of course, it isn't actually due to get here for a few hours yet, so we could only say that after the event....... <_<

Maybe that is true but radar etc suggests that unlike a lot of you this area may not get much

Janet x

Posted

But is that it for us? I'm nervous.

The dusting this morning isnt even worth mentioning, its already melting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

LOL

Peter Cockroft went ott with snow graphics.

Lol good to see though. For one minute thought there was a major upgrade

Posted

The way I look at it what ever falls tonight, tomorrow and Thursday is bonus snow, because Friday and Saturday looks like its south east's great snow event! :aggressive: I hope so.... <_<

Posted

LOL

Peter Cockroft went ott with snow graphics.

With the latest severe weather updates from the MetO for the Croydon Borough, Peter Cockroft's latest forecast is not OTT.

Posted

The dusting this morning isnt even worth mentioning, its already melting.

Yes, I have a bad feeling about this - every which way you turn we are either too far N/S/E/W to get hit. Very bizarre really, mother nature!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow; Thunderstorms; Heat Waves

I Think im thankful not to be having the snow in Gtr Manchester with the ambulance restricting all but the most serious 999 calls. The lesser extent ones are not being responded to.

I'm not even looking in the model discussion thread today OR at the models except maybe a sneaky peak this evening. After the confusion each model run gave I'll stick to raintoday site :aggressive:

Woooooah, I thought it was just the 'Southern softies' who couldn't cope when a little bit of snow comes our way???

You mean...Northerners lie to us??! <_<

Posted

The way I look at it what ever falls tonight, tomorrow and Thursday is bonus snow, because Friday and Saturday looks like its south east's great snow event! :aggressive: I hope so.... :aggressive:

Your avatar makes it really difficult to look at some of these threads at work <_<

Posted

I think you have to remember, this is a once in 20/25 year event and it is more likely that you will get snow than you won't.

It will be interesting to see what people's reactions are after the weekend, when there is still a substantial covering in most of the EA/SE area, will we be bored with it by then and wish we had our electricity, supermarkets, schools, roads and trains back??? :wallbash:

Posted

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/util/setpreference/SetPreference.xhtml?type=node&state=vi:V

Latest from Bbc I-Player

Click Forecast Video and Play Button

I think most will be pleased with that Forecast including London and Herts/Surrey but looks like my nagging fear of Coastal Essex, Coastal Suffolk, Eastern Kent and Norfolk looks likely to happen with little or no snow and now have to rely on Showers at the end of the week, the Front further North looks like it merges with the Snow in the West of our region and then fizzles out during Wednesday Night and early doors thursday.

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

really dark out in tthe channel, looking at the radar, few snow showers pushing up to folkestone dover???

I think you'll find that those may well be rain showers

Posted

really dark out in tthe channel, looking at the radar, few snow showers pushing up to folkestone dover???

Yes, I didn't even notice that too busy looking ahead to the next few days, it snuck up on me!. :wallbash: Just looked out the window and there's snow flakes in the air. Looks clearer to the west, looks darker out to sea.