Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

With the latest severe weather updates from the MetO for the Croydon Borough, Peter Cockroft's latest forecast is not OTT.

Hi yamkin getting excited now you say that. Thought we would miss all the action but as I remember from before you were spot on last time. So how much roughly do you think in your opinion we are likely to see.

Posted

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/util/setpreference/SetPreference.xhtml?type=node&state=vi:V

Latest from Bbc I-Player

Click Forecast Video and Play Button

I think most will be pleased with that Forecast including London and Herts/Surrey but looks like my nagging fear of Coastal Essex, Coastal Suffolk, Eastern Kent and Norfolk looks likely to happen with little or no snow and now have to rely on Showers at the end of the week, the Front further North looks like it merges with the Snow in the West of our region and then fizzles out during Wednesday Night and early doors thursday.

Paul S

We will get our turn tomorrow Paul I'm sure of it. Don't be surprised if it peps up a bit as we move towards tomorrow afternoon/evening hours...

If not then there will be plenty of showers for the rest of the week. With maybe the hint of something more significant at the weekend :clap:

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

I think you have to remember, this is a once in 20/25 year event and it is more likely that you will get snow than you won't.

It will be interesting to see what people's reactions are after the weekend, when there is still a substantial covering in most of the EA/SE area, will we be bored with it by then and wish we had our electricity, supermarkets, schools, roads and trains back??? :clap:

Can you just ban people who keep moaning! we have synoptics that everyone thought not possible again and all i read is moaning and toys thrown out of prams! The snow is being shared around, the se has got days of snow chances to come and as i keep saying but which seems to be completely ignored is that the main snow risk as we go forward will be for the east and se so let others from areas that haven't seen a flake yet just enjoy their snow, or as the case might be not enjoy it as we're talking serious amounts, i'm sure the thought of power cuts isn't exactly enticing given the current temps.

So i'm going to lose it big time soon if i have to listen to anymore moaning, as Coast says this is a once in a 20/25 year event, you may never see this again for decades!

Posted

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/util/setpreference/SetPreference.xhtml?type=node&state=vi:V

Latest from Bbc I-Player

Click Forecast Video and Play Button

I think most will be pleased with that Forecast including London and Herts/Surrey but looks like my nagging fear of Coastal Essex, Coastal Suffolk, Eastern Kent and Norfolk looks likely to happen with little or no snow and now have to rely on Showers at the end of the week, the Front further North looks like it merges with the Snow in the West of our region and then fizzles out during Wednesday Night and early doors thursday.

Paul S

I hate it when you are right ;-)

Guest FireStorm

Woooooah, I thought it was just the 'Southern softies' who couldn't cope when a little bit of snow comes our way???

You mean...Northerners lie to us??! ;)

Seems that way.. But i could never say a bad thing about northerners*

*id get banned

I Feel sorry for the met office with the posts here saying they're OTT and doing a bad job... This really is a no win situation even with the posts complaining about Michael Fish. If anyone thinks they can get a forecast dead on balls accurate - wheres your forecasts online? lol

Nice echos on the Kent coast.. Heres hoping those in line of it get all the snow they desire :clap:

Edit: Nick - theres an ignore function somewhere on the forum. not sure where or id be using it also so its the same ignore feature i use with the missus

Edit 2 [to save another post] http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pressoffice/2010/pr20100105.html

The current cold weather started in mid December and it has been the most prolonged spell of freezing conditions across the UK since December 1981. Bitterly cold and wintry weather is forecast to continue for the next couple of weeks with further snowfall expected at times.
Edited by FireStorm

Posted

I think you have to remember, this is a once in 20/25 year event and it is more likely that you will get snow than you won't.

It will be interesting to see what people's reactions are after the weekend, when there is still a substantial covering in most of the EA/SE area, will we be bored with it by then and wish we had our electricity, supermarkets, schools, roads and trains back??? :D

Never has the phrase "OH MY GOD!" been more appropriate....!!!! :clap:

Posted

I hate it when you are right ;-)

Only Coastal Areas of Norfolk though - Think Norwich is handily placed for the merging of the snow bands :clap:

Posted

I don't think I've ever heard a forecast say 18inches of snow in this country before! :clap:

Whereabouts did you hear that Tommy? Sky?

Posted

Can you just ban people who keep moaning!

Well anything is possible Nick! :clap:

I guess folks just need to lighten up. The vast majority of members here love snow and cold weather and they are likely to all get it big time in the next few days. Come on guys don't worry - be happy! :D

Posted

Okay, perhaps I'm being a tad optomistic but with some of these forecasts anything is possible............so

HALLING WEATHER IS READY!!

757980109_nvtry-M.jpg

But your ruler only goes to 11" mate.

Think you need a bigger one!

:clap:

Posted

Hi yamkin getting excited now you say that. Thought we would miss all the action but as I remember from before you were spot on last time. So how much roughly do you think in your opinion we are likely to see.

NW London will most probably get 10 - 12 inches. In our neck of the woods I would go for 5 inches min

Posted

rolleyes.gifThey say be careful what you wish for, and by the looks of the Met Office weather warning updates, our wishes as of from the last years since 1991, it will appear that some of us in the South, West and East will get some quite significant whitestuff!

Let's hope it's not to ridiculous amount eh? I'll be happy with a few inches!drinks.gif

Posted

Can you just ban people who keep moaning! we have synoptics that everyone thought not possible again and all i read is moaning and toys thrown out of prams! The snow is being shared around, the se has got days of snow chances to come and as i keep saying but which seems to be completely ignored is that the main snow risk as we go forward will be for the east and se so let others from areas that haven't seen a flake yet just enjoy their snow, or as the case might be not enjoy it as we're talking serious amounts, i'm sure the thought of power cuts isn't exactly enticing given the current temps.

So i'm going to lose it big time soon if i have to listen to anymore moaning, as Coast says this is a once in a 20/25 year event, you may never see this again for decades!

Maybe in another 20/25 years :clap:

Posted

Okay, perhaps I'm being a tad optomistic but with some of these forecasts anything is possible............so

757980109_nvtry-M.jpg

Crickey you have a very small fence don't you, it's like only about 5 inches. :yahoo:

Posted

Seems that way.. But i could never say a bad thing about northerners*

*id get banned

I Feel sorry for the met office with the posts here saying they're OTT and doing a bad job... This really is a no win situation even with the posts complaining about Michael Fish. If anyone thinks they can get a forecast dead on balls accurate - wheres your forecasts online? lol

Nice echos on the Kent coast.. Heres hoping those in line of it get all the snow they desire :yahoo:

Edit: Nick - theres an ignore function somewhere on the forum. not sure where or id be using it also so its the same ignore feature i use with the missus

That was very funny your last sentence! :yahoo: To be honest i would give a detailed forecast for the SE but have given up now as that will soon be forgotten and end up being overrun by the next batch of toys out of prams posts.

Posted

Eastbourne weather is ready!!

laser-measure-large_2.jpg