Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Looks like no school for the rest of this week for me then yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

looking good for me I think.... hope it keeps moving ENE :(

Posted

I would expect the Meto to Update their warnings in the next few hours and turn most of the Yellows now to Orange as the East shift is becoming apparant, so Kent, Sussex, Essex etc should get the be prepared warning soon.

I would expect the Take Action to broadly stay the same as it is now though :(

Paul S

Posted

Looks like no school for the rest of this week for me then yahoo.gif

Or me! :(

Posted

I would expect the Meto to Update their warnings in the next few hours and turn most of the Yellows now to Orange as the East shift is becoming apparant, so Kent, Sussex, Essex etc should get the be prepared warning soon.

Paul S

Herts? Pah......:( Maybe......

Posted

I can see the headline now net weather poster causes mass work walkouts! after my comments on the previous thread; the ukmo upto 120hrs easterly still going strong, shortwave looks like undercutting the block, if it does then this is turning into an astonishing cold spell. Wheres SM has he passed out yet with the excitement!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Paul S

The NW radar postcode zoom is working for me, and showing a line of showers heading in a line ahead of the main band, heading straight for us... Looking hopeful for a little something at least :(

Posted

Can really see a national emergency being declared in the next few days and the army delivering supplies by helicopter to much of Britain and food rationing being bought in, not in my little pocket of the woods but with this cold spell set to go on into March a national emergency is a strong possibilit

Posted

I can see the headline now net weather poster causes mass work walkouts! after my comments on the previous thread; the ukmo upto 120hrs easterly still going strong, shortwave looks like undercutting the block, if it does then this is turning into an astonishing cold spell. Wheres SM has he passed out yet with the excitement!

I think everyone should phone work and say "Nick on NW said not to come to work" lol, it's all your fault

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Hi to all, been lurking for a year or so...have now finally registered. Thanks to all the guys who know loads more than I do, really interesting to see it all panning out and looking forward to anything I get in Braintree clap.gif

Just told the wife to look forward to 10 inches tonight...I wasn't happy when she replied "why is your brother coming round?" mad.gif

Stay safe in the snow!! yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
Posted

Can really see a national emergency being declared in the next few days and the army delivering supplies by helicopter to much of Britain and food rationing being bought in, not in my little pocket of the woods but with this cold spell set to go on into March a national emergency is a strong possibilit

lol don't be silly now

Posted

The NW radar postcode zoom is working for me, and showing a line of showers heading in a line ahead of the main band, heading straight for us... Looking hopeful for a little something at least smile.gif

I can't zoom any more by double clicking on the map (the zoom controls have also gone from the top left?) but entering your postcode works fine still.

Posted

PANIC BUYING ALERT! <_< People are going nuts out there, it's like day after tomorrow!. My mum in Hampshire got back from the shops, the supermarket has long queues of people waiting at the checkouts, bread and milk shelves are completely empty, dog and cat food are flying off the shelves, medicines are being snapped up, in the hardware store people are stocking up on paraffin and sledges. Hope you lucky people who get a dumping enjoy it! :cold: Flurries have tapered off here but still very cold.

Posted

you win a prize for ramp of the day!

Nick Sussex said in last thread that ENE winds are being progged from Thurs - perfect for streamers into the South and East London.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Message from work via e-mail, its snow ball fights or party poker tomorrow ??

--------------------------------------

Adverse Weather Conditions in the UK

Please be advised there have been a number of reports of heavy snow expected in the South and South East in the coming days. All UK offices will remain open however, we ask Associates to exercise caution when travelling to and from work. If conditions in your area prevent you from travelling, please notify your manager.

Posted

The NW radar postcode zoom is working for me, and showing a line of showers heading in a line ahead of the main band, heading straight for us... Looking hopeful for a little something at least <_<

theres suppose to be a zoom function in the top left corner so you can zoom in and out at any point without haveing to use the postal code option

Posted

So it looks like the 12Z continued with the trend from the 06Z.

This band of heavy snow looks to hit London head on. We then see this move N with again the S limit being S Cambs. This band then seems to move into the Midlands but as it does so we see the band from the N hit Cambs, Norfolk. The GFS indicates these bands of snow merging before moving S into the rest of the region for tomorrow.

Looking at the sat/radar im even more confident of my forecast this morning.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted

Liking the look of the band of precip over the Cherbourg Peninsula at the moment - might that be building and heading this way?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Message from work via e-mail, its snow ball fights or party poker tomorrow ??

--------------------------------------

Adverse Weather Conditions in the UK

Please be advised there have been a number of reports of heavy snow expected in the South and South East in the coming days. All UK offices will remain open however, we ask Associates to exercise caution when travelling to and from work. If conditions in your area prevent you from travelling, please notify your manager.

You can imagine the Scotts, another 8ft of snow tonight , staff are requested to buy a bigger shovel whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

band of precip just clearing portsmouth heading ENE toward London, justing coming into my view on the local postcode zoom <_<