Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I'd expect the take action warning will be expanded eastwards, probably ending just before London, as you say the warnings will have to come eastwards aftrer the shift in the latest models.

They have downgraded the snow amounts across the uk though even in the intense bands

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

precip coming straight for london, first west sussex then surrey then london and kent... essex yahoo.gif

Posted

Yeah looking good for you mate. Who knows it may track just that little bit further NE. whistling.gif

fingers crossed for you.. but you are in prime position for the from the band coming down.

Posted

This is my take on things guys.

This Area IMO is where the snowfall could be immense.

Comments welcome

I'd lift the southern edge slightly, but might not be far wrong....

Bottom line is there will be plenty of PPN across large swathes of the south/se etc etc...

Enjoy...

TUE - J

Posted

Another Newbie here, have been lurking for a while, but still struggling to understand the charts etc... Wonder what TEITS forecasts for IMBY tonight and tomorrow?

Hope everyone is enjoying the white stuff!!

Mrs F x

Well this morning I had a feeling the 06Z GFS was onto something. Looking at the sat/radar and im 100% convinced the heavy band of snow will hit Sussex into London. This will then move N (uncertain how much) during the night and affect Herts, Beds, Bucks then into parts of the E Midlands i,e Northants.

Now whilst all of this is going on a another band of snow will be moving S from the N Sea and will affect Cambs, Norfolk during the night. These two bands of snow are likely to merge before moving S to affect the rest of the region. I can see snow being persistant for much of this region for tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

What does IMBY mean? I've seen it used alot on here in the past few weeks...

In My Back Yard

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

What does IMBY mean? I've seen it used alot on here in the past few weeks...

In My Back Yard...

DS..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Every chart i see shows Norfolk being totally missed out in this snow event of the past 30 years. Can anyone tell me if we are like to see more than 1cm in the next 4 to 5 days?

Take heart Norwich City are doing well

I think it was 1981 saw Norwich City v Wolves in a near blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Hi to all, been lurking for a year or so...have now finally registered. Thanks to all the guys who know loads more than I do, really interesting to see it all panning out and looking forward to anything I get in Braintree clap.gif

Just told the wife to look forward to 10 inches tonight...I wasn't happy when she replied "why is your brother coming round?" mad.gif

Stay safe in the snow!! yahoo.gif

Vey funny ! Welcome to the forum !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

Looks like no school for the rest of this week for me then yahoo.gif

You are lucky, i still have to go to school if it snows.

Edited by Luton-Weather

Posted

so maybe the Met Office are already sending round warnings to companies and services that need to know in advance....

Have been for a couple of days LeeAnne. See the Cold Discussion Thread for the e-mail that went around the Government agencies this morning

Posted

i could be wrong but looking at the radar i think theres goign to be snow in the leighton buzzard and milton keynes area within a few hours ,anyone else in this area agree ?

Current data for Linslade

05 January 2010 16:32:40

Temperature (°C):

Current -0.1

Trend (per hour) -0.3

Average today -1.8

Wind chill -0.1

Humidex -2.8

Dew Point -2.1

Rel Humidity 86%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 1.6 E

Average Speed 0.0 SE

Pressure (mb):

Current 1000.8

Trend (per hour) -0.3

Edited by simon65

Posted

yeah I second that DS

Whereabouts in Bromley? I'm in Shortlands - 10 mins from the High St....

DS

Posted

Well this morning I had a feeling the 06Z GFS was onto something. Looking at the sat/radar and im 100% convinced the heavy band of snow will hit Sussex into London. This will then move N (uncertain how much) during the night and affect Herts, Beds, Bucks then into parts of the E Midlands i,e Northants.

Now whilst all of this is going on a another band of snow will be moving S from the N Sea and will affect Cambs, Norfolk during the night. These two bands of snow are likely to merge before moving S to affect the rest of the region. I can see snow being persistant for much of this region for tomorrow.

Hi TEITS.

I agree.

Although I cant see the heavier stuff reaching Northants

Posted

its a nightmare lol every N24 forecast is changing by the hour - tonight is actually looking 'better' for N Kent peeps. Wednesdays snow however dosent seem to make it to us until late afternoon....just goes to show how fickle this is and yes - all looks like its shifting a tad east....some ppl no doubt will be caught out and others not.

Next week tho the easterly wind is gonna be ouch !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Latest from the BBC's Ian on the SW thread, result of that conference call:

"Can't obviously share everything from our conference but albeit focus for very heaviest stuff shifts slightly NE from last run, still a risk of heavy snow (if not truly exceptional snow) for many in our region, especially post-midnight as the wrap around feeds back into the M4 corridor with a signal for heavy falls (10-15cm perhaps) over Cotswolds and lesser but still likely disruptive amounts between 00z and 06z in B&NES, Bristol, a swathe of Somerset and North-Mid Wilts.

Detail not to be taken literally, still difficulties with the smaller scale evolution - complex forecast, this one.

Cheers

Ian"