Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Very disappointing BBC forecast for Cambs tonight and tomorrow. It had the band coming from the north tonight and tomorrow completely missing us as well. It stretched from mid-Nofolk across the country - well below us.

Posted

Its going to be gutting waking up tomorrow to green grass (pretty much confirmed now from the direction the band is going) while 10 miles to my west there is a foot of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Right, I'm heading off to the gf's in east London on the tube, good luck everyone. May be plenty of curtain twitching tonight, will I get to work in the morning, we shall see cold.gifyahoo.gif

Edited by Jezzer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

There is sleet indicated as far inland as Andover on Rain Today, South coastal areas are in serious danger of sleet and rain in my opinion.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Well I'm not too far inland from the coast and have light sleet atm. There are light rain drops down the window with a few very wet snow flaked mixed in I can see in the front street light.

Stopping now - but it seems the channel is having an effect this far in.

Posted

Ok here is a screenshot at 1am from the NMM which I feel is spot on.

So the band of snow moves out of London and tracks NNW. Also see the band of snow around the Humber. Well this tracks S and reaches Cambs, Norfolk at 8am. What then happens is two bands of snow move S to reach the rest of the region.

Note the snowfall tonight could give 5cm an hr!!

post-1766-12627168861252_thumb.png

Posted

Still unsure tonight (from 10PM current radar projection brings us snow), but tomorrow is odds on for all of Essex to see 2-5CM.

Thursday and Friday is better as the showers spread from the East.

Yep I'm thinking tomorrow could well be an interesting day, the NAE gives some parts of Kent 10cms from tomorrows band as it slows right down, wouldn't be all that surprising to see that happen either...

Posted

Looking at the radar do you not think that big pivot over the Reading / Woking area will swing that preciptitaion currently in the channel and Northern France along the channel and up into the whole of Kent from the SW within the next 4 - 6 hours ???

If so will the preceipitation decrease or increase and will it be rain / sleet or snow ???

been keepin an eye on that and i think it could everything that has fallen from the sky today has been snow

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Precipitation getting close now. Will it be rain or will it be snow? Soon find out. Looking at the latest NAE charts Brighton looks to be in a favoured spot.

Edited by chionomaniac

Posted

Temperature dropping rapidly here in Mid-Essex. Currently -2.1 deg. C

down two degrees in 30 mins!

temps going up here a bit was -2 at 5ish now -0.5 under cloud cover.

Posted

Extreme Severe Weather Warning has been received here in the Croydon Borough. 10 inches min is expected over night into tomorrow and much more into the weekend and possibly into next week too

I need to re-post this EXTREME WEATHER WARNING as the Croydon Borough has been contacted again. We are in for a real hammering due to prolonged snowfall through to the weekend and can you believe this, possibly into next week :wallbash::):(:):):help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

Posted

Evening all! :)

Im somewhat confused about this cold spell :help: ! Over the weekend everything pointed to the SE/EA getting a real pasting and being the worst affect part of the country. This thread was non stop and in the others people were moaning that all the snow was going to be in the SE!

Tuesday was forcast to be Armaggedon with snow through the rest of the week. Today is tuesday and i have not seen a flake :wallbash: ! Having just watced the 6.25 BBC forcast they have said that the snow will stay WEST of London with up to 40cms possible, whilst the rest of EA/SE may have a few showers, with possibly a band of snow over us tomorrow lunch time.

So whats changed that much that parts of the NE/NW/SW Midlands and Scotland have seen epic snowfalls and we are still dry and cold with perhaps some snow tomorrow?

Just Curios!!

Matt. :)

post-8233-12627167048052_thumb.jpg

Posted

Very disappointing BBC forecast for Cambs tonight and tomorrow. It had the band coming from the north tonight and tomorrow completely missing us as well. It stretched from mid-Nofolk across the country - well below us.

i know how you feel mate. :):wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

hmm i wonder.

post-8593-12627164585452_thumb.jpg

Just driven north of Reading very heavy snow, less so back home in North Oxfordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Extreme Severe Weather Warning has been received here in the Croydon Borough. 10 inches min is expected over night into tomorrow and much more into the weekend and possibly into next week too

I need to re-post this EXTREME WEATHER WARNING as the Croydon Borough has been contacted again. We are in for a real hammering due to prolonged snowfall through to the weekend and can you believe this, possibly into next week help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

bring it on when is it supposed to start

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Quote "SteveCoops

Posted 10 minutes ago

Eastbourne and Hastings looks like it's about to get hit by the band in the Channel... "

Hmmmm i am hoping so, i have been avidly watching the "NET WEATHER 5 MIN RADAR" Which really is a steal! The temperature has risen to 2.5c a full 2c in an hour and dewpoints up to 0.5c.

Damnit i dont want it to rain but it might just do that as the mild bit in the channel hits us, should get colder again later and revert back to snow but me and the misses want it snow all the way ;-)

Posted

I need to re-post this EXTREME WEATHER WARNING as the Croydon Borough has been contacted again. We are in for a real hammering due to prolonged snowfall through to the weekend and can you believe this, possibly into next week :D :D :rofl::D :D :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

I am almost Croydon and no way are we getting even a mm tonight, that band is skirting up towards Heathrow then up into Herts, there won't even be 10mm in our area but hopefully will get some snow by Sunday