Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Could I buy some snow off someone? I am willing to pay anything up to five pounds...

Edited by nick2702

Posted

perhaps a little more snow this evening? seeing as the snow is almost at 10cm depth, which is pretty good for here tbf, we have done well today. and theres no ruling out more snow later in the week methinks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Very light snizzle here with radar showing this as being the heaviest precip left before it ends. Not exactly a snowstorm round here that's for sure!

Perhaps we'll be surprised over night and it'll be something like last Feb was.

Posted

If things carry on looks like 10cms for my location. Everytime the precip on radar looks to be dying out it peps up again. such a difference to the last 2 weeks where its made sure it misses here completely

Posted

Completely dry and the area of snow is dying away before it even gets close....pathetic winter this is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

perhaps a little more snow this evening? seeing as the snow is almost at 10cm depth, which is pretty good for here tbf, we have done well today. and theres no ruling out more snow later in the week methinks!

bloody hell...scuse the expletive, but, blimey, you've done well!! :yahoo:

Posted

Speak for yourself, looks crap IMO :yahoo::yahoo:

Don't worry andy, it is totally wrong on the 4 , 5 and 6pm charts as well, shows nothing over us. I don't care what they say that nmm seems to be based purely on gfs data. the ukmo nae is much more accurate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think we will get more particualrly in the early hours for a time. 6/7cm here. Its great isnt it! :yahoo:

Posted

Around 10cm here as well. We have done excellently. Snow has stopped now but as far as i am concerned...job done, that'll do me nicely!

Best of luck to the rest of you overnight.

Posted

Ah a nice new thread...

and back to snizzle here in Nottingham city centre, pavements now covered must have half a centimeter now... :-)

but at least its snow and not rain....

Cheers

FC

Posted

bloody hell...scuse the expletive, but, blimey, you've done well!! :wallbash:

we've been lucky this time round, brings some change to here. roads were chaotic this morning due to lack of grit, the cars are covered in the white stuff, and its still lightly falling. we have been lucky this time round. bring on more snow for us all! :)

Posted

ITN News just showed a forecasted snow depth map which showed 10cm widespread over central England and depths of 20 to 40cm south of Birmingham.

Here I am expecting somewhere between 20 - 40cm, but probably nearer 20cm.

Daniel Corbett on BBC weather earlier showed the heaviest snow to be south of Birmingham, both SE & SW

Posted

I think we will get more particualrly in the early hours for a time. 6/7cm here. Its great isnt it! biggrin.gif

Just measured the snow properly here finally.

12cm (5 inches) on the grass - of which 9.5cm (4 inches) new snow today.

Will settle for that! Any more a bonus...

Posted

Hey all how's it going? Well had some fun today, got a good 6cm this morning so quickly built my snowman, eased off in the afternoon then started again around 4pm and still falling - pepped up nicely in the last hour too :wallbash:

It's not big flakes but regularly shooting past the lamppost which is great to see giving some nice re-coverage where the snow was disturbed. :)

Very interesting viewing on the radar not sure how long this will go on for it is quite a complicated setup but for those who have missed out I genuinely feel for you - it was the same here last week - I hope you get something in snow starved Staffs, Shrops and Notts :)

Posted

Having looked out of another window I think it may be more than just snizzle it is settling on the middle of the main road here so may be slightly better than half a centimeter

and the heavy snizzle is still falling... if it could just change to real flakes for half an hour it would look great out there

cheers

FC

Posted

funny, remember that big green hole in the met office warning yesterday(for the midlands), or itv weather at 10.30 last night "sleet in the south mids with a sunny afternoon"

i'm going for another walk....the dog isnt going to be happy

Posted

ITN News just showed a forecasted snow depth map which showed 10cm widespread over central England and depths of 20 to 40cm south of Birmingham.

Here I am expecting somewhere between 20 - 40cm, but probably nearer 20cm.

Daniel Corbett on BBC weather earlier showed the heaviest snow to be south of Birmingham, both SE & SW

lol i know that being 5miles north of birmingham that will be a forecast that gets it bang on. il be happy with 10cms based on the fact theres already 5ish and looking at the radar. so any more would be unbelievable. even if it stopped now id be happy because i was expecting 1 or 2cms earlier today.

Posted

Just heard on Radio Northampton that the snow is expected here shortly after midnight

They are reading my posts! Thanks guys. I'm doing my bit to keep everyone up-to-date. :wallbash:

NMM still keen on this idea of a front coming down after the main band sinks southwards which could deposit an additional 1-2cm of snow across the county towards the late morning.

LOTS to keep an eye on but overall confidence is increasing on a fair bit of snow around the county over the next 24 hrs, particularly the further south and west you go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

we've been lucky this time round, brings some change to here. roads were chaotic this morning due to lack of grit, the cars are covered in the white stuff, and its still lightly falling. we have been lucky this time round. bring on more snow for us all! :wallbash:

Just goes to show what a few miles can make....it can work for you, or against you....thats why, despite the models suggesting otherwise, I wouldn't quite yet write off the night for staffs/north of brum, stranger things have happened

Posted

been snwoing light to moderate since 1pm today now every wer coverd abt 8/9cm and now its got a lil more steady i reckon abt 15cm by the end of the night...drinks.gif