Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

still snowing in coventry.. abt 10cm now..but just checked net weather and metcheck and they are both forecasting snow for wednesday in coventry and heavy to!...???? any truth in this?

Posted

still snowing in coventry.. abt 10cm now..but just checked net weather and metcheck and they are both forecasting snow for wednesday in coventry and heavy to!...???? any truth in this?

should get a few more hours of this then there'll be showers on and off for the rest of the week and maybe the odd trough :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Well had a little more - prob got about 2-3cm at most. Not much left now so unless some beefy showers make it over I think that's it for now. Still - at least it looks wintry if nothing else!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Heavy snow again. Tbh i think here could see snow for much of the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

We've got between 1 and 2 cm at the moment - still falling lightly but I'm losing hope for a good 20cm by the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

still snowing in coventry.. abt 10cm now..but just checked net weather and metcheck and they are both forecasting snow for wednesday in coventry and heavy to!...????

10cm here and still falling!!! will get some photos soon.

Absolutely amazing. Barely a cm here. That's why it's so difficult to forecast snow accurately for any given location, micro differences in no distance at all.

Posted

Unbeliveable! Snow is really starting to pep up here again! I thought that we were done!

Posted

Absolutely amazing. Barely a cm here. That's why it's so difficult to forecast snow accurately for any given location, micro differences in no distance at all.

u serious?? wow would of thgt you got 5cm at least beig so cloe??cc_confused.gif

Posted

your kidding me?acute.gif

Nope, this is nothing unusual for a COLD winter, it's just we haven't had one for such a long time that (I'm guessing you are sub 20 yrs old) most younger folk only remember the 1" falls that we had during the bad years of the Noughties.

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

Did abit of driving today and it seems in the north west of birmingham / wolves area - around 2inches which isnt bad.....

back home in sedgley slightly more but thats probably due to the high ground......to be honest there was more snow here at 10.30 last Tuesday night!!!

Looking on the forecasts etc it seems people to the south east of the region could be in for a real dumping later - Wiltshire could get 40cms lol!!!!

Just hope the ppn comes further north than expected..........the local radio is still predicting 10cms for wolverhampton but I very much doubt it.

Posted

Honestly quite skeptical about getting any snow in Northampton. BBC & Metcheck say light snow, slight dusting. MetOffice, Netweather and TWO say heavy snow for a few hours tonight/tomorrow early morning.

Saying that, I'm not sure if I want it to snow tonnes - the roads I take to work can be quite bad :clap:

Posted

Had about 3 - 4 inches today which has been great. Gotta say though the majority of that fell this morning between 10:30 and 11:30 rest of the days its been very fine and very light or nothing at all.

Not sure what overnight will bring yet, but am amazed to have had this much tbh.

Posted

hopefully at this rate you'll get that big blob that's coming up from the south.

Keep the faith! :clap:

Posted

Have Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Warwickshire hit the jackpot? Its intensifying across my area at the moment. Moderate snow here now.

oooh yes i think we may have biggrin.gif

its coming down moderately here too! clap.gif

Posted

Nope, this is nothing unusual for a COLD winter, it's just we haven't had one for such a long time that (I'm guessing you are sub 20 yrs old) most younger folk only remember the 1" falls that we had during the bad years of the Noughties.

yeh i cant remember it being so cold for so long..but whos complaining im enjoying every second of thisdrinks.gif

Posted

been snwoing light to moderate since 1pm today now every wer coverd abt 8/9cm and now its got a lil more steady i reckon abt 15cm by the end of the night...drinks.gif

where in coventry r u??? i live in binley and we have nothin like that

Posted

Is there any snow near Telford, Radar shows it

Just a few specs of the tiniest flakes ever, barely noticeable...

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

u serious?? wow would of thgt you got 5cm at least beig so cloe??cc_confused.gif

Yeah. One guy at work got a call from his wife saying the snow was pretty bad in Coventry and her car was stuck. We were all laughing at work thinking she was joking because there's just a dusting outside. I'm hopeful that the stuff further south with give us a decent covering. Hope you're enjoying it smile.gif

Edited by Supercell

Posted

Centre of the low now at Tewkesbury, should keep the feed of snow to the middle midlands for a while yet.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Got almost 1cm around the telegraph wires now, get your candles ready for power cuts, Coventry area!!!!!

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Absolutely mental here. Just took the dog for a walk and there is 5cm on the pavements now, really good crunching under foot snow :clap:

Posted

I reckon that me and those in stourbridge and to the SouthWest of Brimingham may see light/moderate snow untill after midnight.

I'm hoping that the Met Office's "Super-Extreme-Snow-Band" will clip us as is strides towards Wiltshire, going futher north than forecast. :)