Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Still good as the band heads north, then west then south again.

Great stuff! So thats why it won't hit here until later tonight as it's got to go up and swirl back south again first and it's moving very slowly. Just hope the snow doesn't die out first! haha :whistling:

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

yes my post got lost /swallowed .Temp dropped again -2.4c.

Points WEST said that 5cm of snow over Taunton (Wellington not far away) so here's hoping,though it could be some hours yet I think.

Anyone from Taunton /Wellington way? Not sure what exact direction the wind is coming from.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Great stuff! So thats why it won't hit here until later tonight as it's got to go up and swirl back south again first and it's moving very slowly. Just hope the snow doesn't die out first! haha :)

Yep pretty much.

Posted

Snow getting closer to north bristol and forest of dean area all going according to plan.

Posted

here's a bit of fun..

TimeLapse from 1.00pm to 2.00pm

notice the snow bends the bamboo plants over after 2.00min-ish

click on HD and enlarge screen drinks.gif

great vid,about the same heavy snow fall we had up here in cirencester.snow started about 1.30pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Is the snow still supposed to affect the south west, the low still doesn't look like moving in our direction?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

Have to say as a Dorset guy. I am pretty unimpressed with the Met Office today. I am usually very supportive of them and have

defended them in this forum and others from unwarranted attacks. However to release an Extreme weather warning regarding up to 40 cms of snow and then change it less than 6 hours later seems crazy. We are after all talking about an extreme weather warning here not just a weatherwatch. There are schools and workplaces that have decided not to open down here on the strength

of the original warning. If there was that much uncertainty in the movement of the low it should have been stated in the release.

I,m not just saying this because I,m going to miss out on the really deep stuff but because it will lower peoples belief in extreme weather warnings in general if they can go awry at such short notice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

so what's your prediction then fromey, do you think we will see anything tonight? - Watching the point west forecast it seemed from there we could get something from 10pm onwards on/off until 3am, then maybe more tomorrow lunchtime for a couple of hours?

Or maybe nothing at all whistling.gif

drinks.gif (im in frome as well)

i think it may fizzle out and we end up with nothing, not very hopefull im afraid, its all gone pete tong!

fromeynonono.gif

Posted

Nightmare nightmare nightmare day, was hell doing the school runs (coach company) this afternoon! Had to double man with shovels to try and get the kids home. Roads are very bad around Cirencester and surrounding villages.

We'll see what the night brings!

Posted

Snow getting closer to north bristol and forest of dean area all going according to plan.

How do you know WC? Can't get access to a radar at the mo.

The Points West and News 24 forecast at 7 seemed to indicate continuous snow for us from about 10 tonite until rush hour tom morn.

Thing is i was cagey about today's forecast last night and after seeing the way this system has 'behaved' today i'm still not convinced!

My wife thinks i'm bonkers by the way! Come to think of it i think i am myself! LOLrofl.gif

Posted

Is the snow still supposed to affect the south west, the low still doesn't look like moving in our direction?

Dan Corbett explained that it will develop in next few hours and that's how we'll get our snow tonight. Hope he's right!

EDIT: Very very light snow just started here in Stoke Gifford, North Bristol. Added this in because our locations have disappeared.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Can you pop your location in your profile please smile.gif

nobody has any place names due to heavy traffic on the site i think!

fromeymellow.gif

Posted

http://www.trafficen...html/19507.html Traffic cam A27 Portsmouth@ 19.55pm

http://www.trafficengland.com/trafficcamera.aspx?cameraUri=http://public.hanet.org.uk/cctvpublicaccess/html/52683.html Traffic cam M4 Reading

Everyone suck it in and bring it westwards..:wallbash:

Edited by NickSomerset

Posted

I dont think location is working right now ive added mine but its not showing up

I dont get this negativity tonight have patience everyone will get there snow from 10pm onwards till 2pm tomorrow if local forecast is anything to go by

oh it is now :wallbash:

Edited by yipikiaye

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, inc Snow and Wind

nobody has any place names due to heavy traffic on the site i think!

fromeymellow.gif

Maybe for tonight everybody could put their location in each post, would be useful!

Thanks

Dave (Poole)

Edit: and just like that they are back on!

Edited by Theresnoway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Dan Corbett explained that it will develop in next few hours and that's how we'll get our snow tonight. Hope he's right!

EDIT: Very very light snow just started here in Stoke Gifford, North Bristol. Added this in because our locations have disappeared.

Still to be covinced for my region, hope I am wrong.

Edited by SteveB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Dogs ( if your still here )

Are you watching the NW5min radar also?

Its looking quite promising still for the heavy stuff to move north of us then down south :acute:

Unless im reading it wrong ta the moment.

Posted

News24 forecast just now with Jay Wynne, forecasting heavy snow thru' the night - he even mentioned "Bristol area" for the morning. Snow forecast to go until midday tom by this forecast!yahoo.gif

EDIT: Shame Ian can't post tonite. Expect he's either turned in for early night for tom morn or having a few drinks in the hotel bar with Richard Angwinbiggrin.gif

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

sky has orange tinge to it.Maybe the start of things.Only time will tell.

Right I've got work to do.