Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

So we are coming up to the 21z (the second image along) on Ian's data. Does it match reality in terms of the radar ppn?

Pretty close I would say. Going by that we in Bristol can't expect much of the "real" heavy stuff until more like midnight - and then all through the early hours.

Please let it happen I want a day off tomorrow :clap:

Don't we all follow this forum, just to pray for a day off in the snow..:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything under4 deg. In winter and anything over 20deg in the summer!

you couldnt right it could you....The bulb has just blown in the lamp post outside my house!!..Now i have to resort to old fashioned methods of using a torch!!!....FYI - light snow just started in Brislington Bristol. As seen in the torch light!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

So we are coming up to the 21z (the second image along) on Ian's data. Does it match reality in terms of the radar ppn?

Pretty close I would say. Going by that we in Bristol can't expect much of the "real" heavy stuff until more like midnight - and then all through the early hours.

Please let it happen I want a day off tomorrow laugh.gif

Even if we get 2Metres of snow ill still be working from home :clap:

Saves having to get dressed i suppose.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Hi Pat, sorry mate cant reply to your pm as functionality is down right now, but I'm glad you've had a good dollop of the white stuff....Its going to be fascinating to see how the overnight pans out...You seem to be in the 'eye of the storm' right now...very heavy snow to your ESE and moderate snow to your north & west....I think you'll get an additional inch or two from the northern flank, but judging by the radar, the southern and eastern flanks will push north and then spiral away to the east and south (similar position to me in some senses) but snow nether the less! :clap:

I think that area currently moving up from the south is going to start pushing West soon (it is starting too), and the ppt. will rotate anticlockwise round the area of low pressure placing the heaviest snowfall over Gloucs/Oxon/Berks as per the NAE charts. They are currently looking pretty close to the actuality.

Posted

Please let it happen I want a day off tomorrow laugh.gif

Reading Steve Murr's post in the S.E. thread just now, he seems to think the whole thing may shift east/S.E. so i'm wondering if the 'full pivot' will actually happen and hit us?!

Posted

Even if we get 2Metres of snow ill still be working from home :)

Saves having to get dressed i suppose.

2 METRES.. :clap:

SURROUNDED

the eye of the Storm

post-3696-12627242535852.txt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hi mate,

sort of what I am thinking..

but cant UNDERSTAND why they are still bumping up total's...now 30cm.....what are they looking at,because I cant see it at the moment

or possabilties......where IS IAN :D

IMHO the 30cm is likely over the chilterns & maybe the South Downs...the spiral effect of the ppn is causing a north to south streamer in those areas, allowing many hours of continuous heavy snowfall :)

Posted

you couldnt right it could you....The bulb has just blown in the lamp post outside my house!!..Now i have to resort to old fashioned methods of using a torch!!!....FYI - light snow just started in Brislington Bristol. As seen in the torch light!!

Classic!rofl.gif

Not laughing at you, but that did make me laugh!

Posted

IMHO the 30cm is likely over the chilterns & maybe the South Downs...the spiral effect of the ppn is causing a north to south streamer in those areas, allowing many hours of continuous heavy snowfall :)

If I go and catch a train then ..I will have my 2 metres :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I think that area currently moving up from the south is going to start pushing West soon (it is starting too), and the ppt. will rotate anticlockwise round the area of low pressure placing the heaviest snowfall over Gloucs/Oxon/Berks as per the NAE charts. They are currently looking pretty close to the actuality.

agreed James, it is circulating anticlockwise, but it seems the low is showing signs of slipping SSE (I hope I'm wrong) thus dragging the 'wrap-around' with it.....just an opinion though!

Posted

lol you're right, he must live in Salisbury! :)

Don't! After what was looking like a blinding night, it's all gone pear shape, well, a circular shape all around this area, no fair! :D

Posted

2 METRES.. rofl.gif

SURROUNDED

the eye of the Storm

Bl##dy typical!! If it continues to spin in same area and fizzles out were sh#fted!

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything under4 deg. In winter and anything over 20deg in the summer!

No worries..i thought it was cracking....I'd go and give the lamp post a boot but knowing the council the bulb would fall out and knock me out!!

Posted

agreed James, it is circulating anticlockwise, but it seems the low is showing signs of slipping SSE (I hope I'm wrong) thus dragging the 'wrap-around' with it.....just an opinion though!

That's how i interpreted Steve Murr's post in the S.E. thread a few mins agomad.gif

Posted

Classic!

I noticed that my window that i gaze out of was really dirty, so i cleaned it inside and out 20mins ago, sods law - my neighborugh came back home and got out of his car when i was cleaning it, he looked at me puzzled as i waved a windowlened kitchen towel at him smiling in my shorts.

Im offically nuts!

Posted

Here comes the wrap round - just started again here

Jay Wynne still persisting with the heaviest of the snow through Glos/Berks/Oxon, and also mentioned buckinghamshire in this one too

SK

Posted

I think I have agree with James on this one....To me on the loop its slowly falling into Angwin and Ian's

forecast albeit slight more East.....This is my hunch......watch NW radar loop....you can see the fight to go WEST like The YMCA :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Perhaps some wishful thinking though from SM (I could be wrong)? After all he does live in... guess where... SE!!! :wallbash:

Comparing the 21Z radar with the 21Z frame on here, the event is panning out almost exactly as progged so far, therefore I think we have every reason to be optimistic about what will happen in the next few hours.

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=94015

Edited by 03jtrickey

Posted

That's how i interpreted Steve Murr's post in the S.E. thread a few mins agomad.gif

but, and a big but, because GFS12z suggested that the LP will stall out longer than other models...If that happens, then you're quids in....radar/lamp-post watching is the name of the game! :wallbash: (also have a gander at the first few frames of the 18z GFS run, it should start rolling out in the next few minutes)

Posted

Intensity of the ppn over Wales is increasing as expected.

It looks to me like the low pulls away into France a lot slower on Wednesday. Certainly GFS has ppn over central southern England for most of the day.

Posted

Don't! After what was looking like a blinding night, it's all gone pear shape, well, a circular shape all around this area, no fair! :D

Tell me about it! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Classic!

I noticed that my window that i gaze out of was really dirty, so i cleaned it inside and out 20mins ago, sods law - my neighborugh came back home and got out of his car when i was cleaning it, he looked at me puzzled as i waved a windowlened kitchen towel at him smiling in my shorts.

Im offically nuts!

Your not the only mad man.

Ive been popping outside every hour to brush snow off every brick on my wall apart from one. So i can monitor how much lands each hour.

Neighbours must be thinking wtf. while in there in my bright yellow summer t shirt lol

Posted

best forecast I have ever heard Richard Angwin do tonight on the live radio

Snow bands WILL develope in BRISTOL,GLOS,WILT

AND OTHER SW PARTS..

Apart from Glos and Oxford all area will have 5-10cm

Glos and East/20 cm...IF i remember correct...

snow WILL stay around most of tonight and Tomorrow..LATE

with NO thaw!!!

NO FORESEEABLE COLD ENDING

BEFORE moving EAST Tomorrow :)

said this is a very nasty situation for some to develope..words to that effect

worst for 30 yrs I think he said

Edited by dogs32