Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Why, givern the situation, is the latest BBC video forecast still the one put out at about 3.30 this afternoon?!!!!!!

Because they are useless at nowcasting situations! The radar will be showing one thing, and they'll stubbornly stick to their earlier forecast.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Why am i not seeing snow i really do not know i hear its snowing all around me but nothing here it really is frustrating wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

It's snowing here, but the flakes are tiny and there's no chance of me even getting 2cm at this rate wallbash.gif

Posted

yes I am looking at the radar and we seem to have some snow heading right for us, and I thought we were to far east to get any tonight??

Well, look out of the Window, Kay, I think this has come up from the channel, across the marsh...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Not sure about Tomorrow in EA but it is defo going to get colder especially with the NEasterly coming in. Don't expect daytime temps to get above -2. My weather station trends say snow as the outlook. Everything is in place for a good bit of snow Wednesday night onwards. Thats my tuppence worth.:drinks::good:

Yes, a good outlook for us. Hope it comes off as forecasted; us EA members are feeling a bit left out at the moment! Good things come to those who wait though.......

Posted

yep - small flakes, but some heavy stuff not far away!

post-1052-12627259020552_thumb.png

It's taking it's time ;-)

The question is by how much the tail over the channel moves east versus north...

Posted

Tough one as parts of Herts could be far enough South, the next 2 radar scans should tell us more about how far east the Low is getting.

Hey Paul!:drinks:

Here in West Herts (St. Albans) It seems we are near the edge possibly, so will this start to pivot and send more this way or will just keep having this light snow? It's been lightly snowing for maybe 2 hours and we have 2-3cm........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

This snow is marching it's way steadily into cambrideshire - it is now literally just 20 miles to the South of St Ives - will it get here?? - any suggestions will be welcome.

earlier posts suggest it wiil start to pivot west at around 10pm,but i must admit it is gaining on cambs faster than i thought . fingers crossed we might see a flake or two

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!

My son tells me that it is snowing in Watford.

Posted

Here in Crawley West Sussex it's been snowing since 8.15ish, started out a little bit icy but soon turned to full on snowflakes, we now have over an inch lying on everything! And still snowing moderately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

first flakes here - hooray :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Pictures anyone? Especially for those of us still waiting for a flake!!!whistling.gif

Posted

Look@ the radar for 21:00

Too early to say the forecast was way out? - saying deep south only - looks to be moving more east than north to me...

The BBC graphics has stubbornly shown that horseshoe shape hooping over the m4 all afternoon and evening. Wonder if they revise that for the 10 olcock news?

NOWCASTING rules!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Cloudy, Warm (Not Hot) Winter: Thundersnow

The snow band across the south east ( KENT ) Has expanded :drinks::good:;)

Does that mean we will get some in Gravesend? Didn't think we were in the firing line for tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Well after a brief walk in the snow here in Eastbourne we watched it slowly turn back to rain then fizzle out to nothing, temperature now 2c and most of the slight covering of snow has now gone, sigh... Eastbourne, suntrap of the south, bag of sh#te. :-)

Posted

Hey Paul!:drinks:

Here in West Herts (St. Albans) It seems we are near the edge possibly, so will this start to pivot and send more this way or will just keep having this light snow? It's been lightly snowing for maybe 2 hours and we have 2-3cm........

The further West you are the Better, more dodgy if you were on the Essex/Herts border near Bishop Stortford for example.

Paul S

Posted

3 inch's and counting! This is going to cripple those hit by this band when you think it wont melt for ?????

Looks like the channel streamer is showing the north sea how to do it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

So close!! The band moving north from Sussex and Kent seems to be pepping up. If the snow missed us now it would be taking the p**s

Edited by danm

Posted

Snowing lightly in MK, about 10mm settled in the back yard. H7 sounds clear as traffic still seems to be going at same speeds as usual.

Posted
This snow is marching it's way steadily into cambrideshire - it is now literally just 20 miles to the South of St Ives - will it get here??

St Ives snow shields are raised, but down to 60%,they will probably hold though

Posted

I think the only thing that would let me have snow is if the system heads further north and east than expected!