Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Snow continuing this morning. 10cm here. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Met Office going for a minimum of -10c in the Midlands tonight, the roads will be an absolute nightmare tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Doing the simple maths I would say 1 inch!

Shouldn't melt here today at all, temperature still -0.6c and dew point tumbling, now at -1.7c. If there is any thaw today I will be very disappointed.

sunny now though here, but shouldnt melt away from sun

Posted

Ok the lol 1.5 inches, cant be bothered to get tape measure out laugh.gif

tape measure has come out and telling the truth ....i've got just under 7cm of level snow and it's just started again.

Looking at the radar there is quite a few showers coming in albeit light, but some are starting to get intense.

post-9498-12627746976452_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We just had a bit more snow, came down quite heavy for about 10 mins now back to light snow. Think the precipitation is sinking south now so will clear in a while and then I'm assuming a slight thaw for a bit.

Posted

Stopped snowing now... paches of blue sky and the sun appearing so expectingg a slight thaw .... until this evening.

I guess thats it for us. About 2-3 inches so not bad.

So the clearance is on the way then. I don't think it will thaw too much. In fact, the temperature might even drop a little under blue skies.

Would be interesting to get a clear evening and a clear night now to see how far those temperatures can drop. I'm not sure we'll snow again this week but if a good easterly can get going then who knows?

As for now, still snowing here but gravity doing its work on the clumps on snow sitting on the washing line!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

1 and a half inches? That much? I had a glance last night and it looked like 1 inch, but I was coming back from the pub in city, so that's not my most verifiable claim ever...neither did I measure it... unsure.gif

last nights snow was pretty rubbish, it was about an inch, but this mornings snow gave us the top of of 1.5" I measured it in my back gardenbiggrin.gif

Posted

been snowing on and off all morning! came down heavy for about 45 mins but has eased of again now! still snowing slightly! errr actually its starting up again! lol! When is this snow going to stop! from the radar it looks like there is just a line of snow coming right over me! Is that right or will it go a bit too far south! got to leave for work at 13:00

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

Looking Great Outside now - sky is clearing and looking bright......

Cold one tonight me thinks!cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

sunny now though here, but shouldnt melt away from sun

Sun hasn't broke through yet, and I think there will be minimal thawing even in the sun. Still -0.6c and dew point as nose dived, -2.5c now.

Just hope it can stay fairly overcast for as long as possible.

Posted

What an excellent post, just the sort of post i would make :)

Yes me too have noticed hints of a change but starting in the very good winter of 2000/2001, to be honest i've had decent snowfalls almost every Oct to April period since so don't understand those saying its always snowless and me being in central midlands i`m not exactly in the best place for snow being too west or too east at times and not that high an altitude, btw give conor a slap from me if you see him in telford :lol:...just kidding :lol:

Sounds like you are observing what we are, more cold/snow since the millenium, question is what will happen next? I for one expect it to carry on getting colder. We have to remember that the 80's weren't all huge dumpings of snow. Exciting times ahead :) In the mean time lets enjoy this spell, whether it bring more snow or simply frozen solid ground with -10 temps!!!

Posted

Looking Great Outside now - sky is clearing and looking bright......

Cold one tonight me thinks!cold.gif

not sure exactly where u r in west midlands! im just s/w of birmingham and i dont think its going anywhere fast! there is just a line of snow coming right for my area if im right? please correct me if im wrong? its just chucking it down here! good.gif

Posted

We just had a bit more snow, came down quite heavy for about 10 mins now back to light snow. Think the precipitation is sinking south now so will clear in a while and then I'm assuming a slight thaw for a bit.

I'm about 10-11 miles from you & it's been hammering down here for about an hour.

If you can get up Sunrising Hill you're in for a treat !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I'm about 10-11 miles from you & it's been hammering down here for about an hour.

If you can get up Sunrising Hill you're in for a treat !!

Lol not likely - my parents live in Lighthorne, I know what roads are like around there!

We've still snow falling, it goes heavy and then light so will be interested to see what is happening with the next radar.

Edited by Serendipity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks mainly dry now until the Weekend when there looks to be a chance of more snow.

Posted

not sure exactly where u r in west midlands! im just s/w of birmingham and i dont think its going anywhere fast! there is just a line of snow coming right for my area if im right? please correct me if im wrong? its just chucking it down here! good.gif

Im currently working in Wolverhampton so north/west of Birmingham........

stopped around an hour ago now and fairly bright.

Overall not a bad fall - was looking grim last night but to be honest - seem to have had a fair bit in the night and this morning.

Going to finish work early today and head up Sedgley Beacon - il try and get a few snaps clap.gif

Hopefully more snow the weekend!!!